Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tower Shield

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
This spell is VERY annoying cause when questing, the enemies I am fighting will not stop using it. This is not about PvP but rather PvE. Please reduce the frequency mobs use this spell.

Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
Usually when someone uses a shield i just use a wand spell so the shield doesnt affect my stronger spells.

Flint Shadowthief Legendary Conjurer
Flint Shadowthief Adept Theurgist

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Yeah I can relate to your frustration, but this is one half of the reason that the Ice mobs are such a challange. Either knock them down with a wand or use an extra blade to amp up the damage.

IMO towers are acceptable as long as it is Ice creatures that are using them. Towers are not spammed to the outrageous extent Weakness is in DS and other parts of the game by non-balance creatures.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
razm wrote:
Usually when someone uses a shield i just use a wand spell so the shield doesnt affect my stronger spells.

The points is ice moobs in Celestia spam this spell and will have 3 or 4 of them in a couple rounds.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I haven't played every type of wizard, but I do believe each wizard has a trick of getting around shields. Whether it is a simple wand spell or a card that can take/steal the shield.

Explorer
May 05, 2011
Actually since i'm a legendary myth, i can use shatter or any other shield break away spell. Even if there stacking up on tower shields; i could use earthquake. :)

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
razm wrote:

yea i agree, i use my wand spell

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
I can definitely relate to what ur saying because when I am balance and my blades can be used on everything! So i hate it when I have a blade and then I have to use my wand spell to take it off and my blade shatters! It's so annoying. However sometimes when I am on my fire account I buy a different wand so I cant shatter it when using a wand spell. And I have another idea if there stacking on tower shields and u use all ur wand spells just buy a weaker wand spell they have more spells then when ur done that battle equip ur right one again. I hope I helped.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I tend to agree with you here. I do use my wand spells to eliminate Tower Shields, but if you haven't noticed the amount of wand spell cards decreases as they get stronger (why, I'll never know), so it's not a sure plan.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
I love seeing PvE enemies tower, for one it shows that they are still challenging. But I can't stand weaknesses like I would so much rather see an enemy cast a tower shield than use a weakness on me while i'm questing lol.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
There's also Pierce Train, a pet ability which will let your pet remove shiled for you.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
thorvon65 wrote:
I love seeing PvE enemies tower, for one it shows that they are still challenging. But I can't stand weaknesses like I would so much rather see an enemy cast a tower shield than use a weakness on me while i'm questing lol.
Thorvon, i'm in full agreement with you here- weakness spells drive me up the wall because you never know which enemy is gonna cast it. Tower shields just drive me nuts when i'm going second in battle, cause they always seem to put them up when i've cast my spell that should be the finishing strike. It doesn't bother me as much when playing myth, though, cause i fill my decks with minotaurs and orthruses against ice enemies then. -eli and crew