Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Top School Rankings

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Ok i know everyone is gonna say every school is meant to be equal, but you have to admit if you have a couple grandmasters some are easier than the other. Now i want everyone how has atleast 2 grandmasters(or close to grand) and people who know how to play the game well to put down there rankings of first to last school. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO OFFEND ANYONE. To me its not the school its the player but i still think some schools are a little stronger than the other. Now i dont want a million complaints about people listing the pros and cons of each school and yelling at
Each other for there rankings.
Here are mine

1. Storm-The low health and fizzles dont matter that much since you can get a lot of accuracy.
2. Death- Hard to kill because of its stealing health spells
3.Ice even harder to kill since if used right it can last a long time and hit by hit kill the monsters.
4.Fire- Its strong like storm and its DoT spells can get rid of pesky fire shields.
5. Balance- Besides judgement and spectrel blast and maybe nova, it isnt too strong but it gets lots of helpful pips and its a good support school.
6. Life- it can heal good but its attacks are on the weak side so its harder to kill.
7. Myth- I honestly dont like myth and my friends dont either. It can be strong i'm sure maybe its harder to master. From what i know its hard to kill bosses solo.

Please do no complain once again this is just my opinion.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
87sparky87 wrote:
Please do no complain once again this is just my opinion.

You should have bolded what I quoted because I suspect some people may complain. I don't agree with your list order, but I respect your opinion. :)

Its also important to keep in mind when you make a list its important to designate what your list represents. Is it PVE soloing?, Is it PVE team play?, Is it PVP soloing? Is it PVP team play? ect.

Explorer
Jul 08, 2009
For the record I also agree not all schools are created equal. Ultimately the player, school understanding, deck set up and to an extent luck play a more important role.

Those things all being equal, schools are really not created equally. Certain exploits make some schools more usable and more powerful than others. People may argue and that's fine, but having played through all the schools and having a GM in all of them, and most multiple GM's, I come from a perspective of direct experience. I ask you this; look at PVP, how is it that only two schools seem to win almost all the PVP tourneys? How is it people seem to solo with far less deaths, easier kills and more ease playing certain schools? I truly believe each school has strengths and weaknesses, but once you play them all, you begin to realize there are some which are stronger, especially in certain ways of playing like soloing, pvp ect.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
Well thank you guys for not yelling at me and also i wasnt basing them on pvp just in general stuff. If i did PvP it would depend on 1v1 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 and i dont wannna make a big list of all of them :? . I have 2 almost 4 complete accounts and i dont think the schools are equal in power. But i do think it is based on the player but if a good player knows how to use the school right then it could be strong. Plus from my ecperiences i have seen more storm fire ice and balance players that know what there doing which make them and there school look stronger (no offense to anyone) .

Defender
Jul 12, 2009
Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
well yes that's sort of true, but really your just putting numbers in front of a few schools, because they are mostly equal, but you are right some ar a little better than others. Valkoor WinterBlood lvl 38 Thaumaturge.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2008
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Depends what level you are and where you are playing.

I'd just about completely reverse your order all the way through Krok on a newly created character. Until Marleybone storm school plays the weakest as it fizzles and has low life, while myth tends to play about the strongest but fails to get much afterwards and life has a good attack yet gets nothing in terms of attacks after Krok. Fire school and Storm School and even Death School play just about on par with each other. Balance School has been made incredibly strong in 1v1 play and pvp assistance. Ice is typically weak, yet I've seen a few well played ice characters that are very strong. In general I see a lot of very bad players, expecially those that never want to do anything for themselves and expect grandmasters and upper level friends to do everything for them while they skip all the side quests and complain about bored and or mad they are.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
teddy2008 wrote:
Just look at the Player's Guide in Help & Support.

Abigail Spiritrider

What do you mean?

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I know all schools were made equal but some are better than others when you get to grand you find that out anyways here is my list of school rankings "this is not meant to offend anyone its just the opinion from a very wise player" this is a list based on all my experience in PvE not PvP

1.Storm
2.Fire
3.Death
4.Ice
5.Balance
6.Life
7.Myth (Myth completely slays in PvP though.)

Chase Stormsword
Grandmaster Diviner
Aedan Dawnglade
Grandmaster Theurgist