just how hard Alicane swift arrow and general Akilles used to be.
How long it used to take to get to certain areas in Zafaria.
How hard Finding good gear was without Zeus gear to hold them until wintertusk crafted/water works gear.
That instead of getting your schools wand hits on your starting wand you would get every other schools starting spell.
Put in your thoughts below on what else they would never know.
Spending a large amount of time walking through areas, because you first had to activate the teleport stones to make them usable.
Never worrying about criticals in PVE because you were practically guaranteed to block :P
Pet talents and Jewels used to each only give 1% critical, so one person could have 500 critical rating and be at 95%, but someone else could have 650 critical rating and only be at 80%.
Predicting that Polaris and Mirage will be future second arc worlds lol.
You didn't have to farm for high level gear, because crafted gear was just as good if not better.
Constantly fizzling in high level worlds because Hades gear didn't offer accuracy.
People complaining Shadow Magic was useless in PVE, because if you didn't use Shadow Shrike or any of the other morphs, you basically never used your Shadow Pip at all.... I guess this eventually lead to the Shadow enchanced spells that got introduced with Darkmoor :P
People thinking the game would end once Khrysalis Part 2 came out.
Being considered a legend if you completed Azteca back when the level cap was 90.
You could farm Morganthe nonstop for months straight and never get anything from her.
Critical block and decay was not as important because new gear would more than replace the lost stats by leveling up to 100.
Ice and Balance were once weak schools in PVP, and many people used to complain Ice wasn't strong enough compared to the other schools...
If you had the Amulet of Divine Influence, you were immediately swarmed by people begging you to tell them how many runs it took you to get it.
Wizards who started after 2010 will never know....
1) The tedium of running back and forth across Dragonspyre ... without mounts and even worse - without teleporters! In fact, the only world that had teleporters originally was Grizzleheim.
2) That Big Ben clock tower used to start with 2 side gauntlets, and they 10 levels each. Then there was Big Ben itself, a long slog up 15 floors. Back then you couldn't buy henchmen and there was no dungeon recall. If you died, you had to run all the way back, hope no one got on the sigil to mess up your progress, then run all the way back to the fight you just lost.
3) If someone did get on the sigil, then you had to start all over again.
4) When crafting first came out, we had to make FIVE of each item. Five! Eight scrap iron per ring, times five rings, then repeat for the athames. Think you got it hard trying to find 32 pieces...? Ha! In the good old days we had to track down 80. And, without gardening to help out.
5) Back when Malistaire was the final boss, it took a minimum of two people to complete the instance. There were two separate door switches that had to be activated simultaneously. Then there were two sets of mobs that had to be defeated within a couple minutes of each other in order to open the door behind where Malistaire was hiding.
6) Before the Storm Hound pet became available in the Crown shop, you could only get it as a rare drop from Malistaire. And it was cool because of the card it came with, not because of the talents. Pets didn't have talents back then....
How extremely popular Winterbane and Pagoda were when they came out ie Castle Tours
When may cast sprite was a super popular may cast.
The struggle for life wizards before forest lord. I've seen a lot of early life wizards train meteor strike or humongofrog to compensate.
Hope to see you all in the Spiral! Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol) (Currently questing through Mirage) Genevieve HexPyre 114+ PvP Warlord (Currently questing through Mirage) Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder Nathan SilverBlood 54 Spending TOO Much Gold On Fashion (Currently Questing through Celestia) Noah SkyHeart 50 Being Unproductive