Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

To brwac.......explain?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I always read your posts because your advice works for me. In a discussion you said you save your training points, (correct me if I didn't understand this right) don't do a secondary school and "train the sun spells"? What are those? Then you said "Most everything else can be made up with gear." What can be made up with gear? I just started a Death wizard and I'm kind of freaking because Malorn doesn't offer many spells. I know about Niles blades and tower shields. I'm learning to choose gear that has boost percentages and pip counts instead of straight life level. Clue me to this sun spell thing. Thanks, Brecken Ashwalker

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:
I always read your posts because your advice works for me. In a discussion you said you save your training points, (correct me if I didn't understand this right) don't do a secondary school and "train the sun spells"? What are those? Then you said "Most everything else can be made up with gear." What can be made up with gear? I just started a Death wizard and I'm kind of freaking because Malorn doesn't offer many spells. I know about Niles blades and tower shields. I'm learning to choose gear that has boost percentages and pip counts instead of straight life level. Clue me to this sun spell thing. Thanks, Brecken Ashwalker

I do not do any secondary schools any more because - on my original wizard where I learned the game I did. By mid Mooshu I was using them less and less because of power pips. I do not buy, with crowns, any thing to help other school spells use those power pips. This Life wizard did mostly solo around mid Mooshu on when her friends started to drop off and she was forced to continue alone and I had to learn how to make her powerful enough to do this. Accept for WaterWorks and Mirror Lake I never play Life support, I am a Swiss army knife wizard and can kill and heal when asked to help others which I did often.

Gear has improved greatly so I can gain more power pips, damage, health etc from it early on now - every 5 levels I visit the Bazaar to sell off loot won and to make sure I am equipped with the best my level can have. You are doing the right thing by not choosing gear just because it gives your wizard more health - you must learn to balance the pros and the cons and don't beat your self up too much if you make a boo boo, just learn from it.

The Sun spells are in the pit in the Base Camp of Celestia - you can start to get them at level 50, if I am not there by that level I find a way to port there to someone to start to get them. Treasure are won and available at the vendors so you can get an idea of how they work. There are 2 spells in Sun, one is to boost your regular schools spells - fists and the other is Accuracy ones - bow and arrows. You do not have to take the accuracy ones to get all the fist ones as you level up.

Not to panic young wizard - your death wiz will get more spells in another location - at the death school which fell out of RavenWood. As I posted in your other post. You won't find much to fault with a Death wizard, once you get your 2 pip Ghoul you will get the idea of how to work the steal life spells, you get plenty of blades and traps to enhance your spells too.

I have found no one has to have the perfect wizard, just one that gets them by is fine. You have time to learn how to get your wizard in shape for those later worlds, take it slow and don't worry about the future too much just become aware of what is available for you in the present and by the time you get there you will be ready for it.

Mary StarGem

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
quilteddawg63 wrote:

Sorry i'm not the person your looking for but i can explain. First of all Malorn is only the starting death instructor, Dworgyn is in nightshade, he'll provide you with all the later spells and spell quest as you jouney. Nightshade can be accessed by completing Wizard City. Also the sun school spells are enchanment spells you get after you earned the right to enter celestia, the seventh world you'll explore in ( note this is if you go along with the grizzleheim and wintertusk side quest, otherwise it'll be the sixth one). You can obtain these spells by training points starting at level 50 and on. I hope this helped you.

Defender
Mar 10, 2012
You can still train a secondary school, and get training points lvl 50+ to get sun spells. I pulled it off, though i regret training storm school. Oh well it was a while back before celestia came out so yea.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
quilteddawg63 wrote:

hiya i can answer your questions to

death only has a starting trainer ( like balance )
then upgrades to a new teacher that gives your assignments from now on
dworgan will teach you your later lvl spells but first ya must finish the 3 streets of fire ( firecat alley) storm ( triton avenue) and myth ( cyclops lane)
then merle ambros will send you to nightshade and you can meet dworgan

the sun spells are a special school of magic
you wont see them until early celestia ( after malistair )
and they basicly enchant your spells

also for gear for low lvls go attack boosting gear or ones that give handy cards ( if ya do crowns a new pack comes out october with some really good outfits for deaths that is exclusive to that pack )

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
I love how this was meant for brwac and he was the first to respond

It's ok Ronster, I just looked down and my toes haven't been stepped on. This is an open forum to all members so np if others chime in.

Mary StarGem
"Savior of the Spiral"