Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Threat?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
What do those cards that mortis gives for each school do?Those with the bird on it.What does reduce threat on target means?Cause i saw that no wizards are using them and neither am i.Tell me please cause if they can help me then i shoudl add them to my deck to win battles easily.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Mythknowledge655 wrote:
What do those cards that mortis gives for each school do?Those with the bird on it.What does reduce threat on target means?Cause i saw that no wizards are using them and neither am i.Tell me please cause if they can help me then i shoudl add them to my deck to win battles easily.

They manipulate who the monsters attack. They are useless in soloeing, unless you have minions/henchmen, and bad in multiplay, unless they are willing to take hits. Every school except ice has the lessen threats, or making the monsters less likely to hit you, while ice has taunt/distract, which make the enemies more likely to hit you. Some minions, like the storm and minotaur, actually carry taunts , to help you save some of your health.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Okay, KI needs to consider adding this to the tutorial or simplifying the description. Mostis' cards reduce how threatening you are to the targeted enemy. This card only works in groups and won't work in PvP. For example let's say you're in a group of 4 and you're fighting the Jade Oni. If you cast this spell, it would be less likely that the Jade Oni will attack you. Taunts for Thaumaturges do the reverse; if you cast Taunt on an enemy, it will most likely attack you next round.

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Mythknowledge655 wrote:

It's the opposite of taunt, useful only in PvE with 2 or more players in the battle or solo with a minion. Barely.

Whereas taunt will cause the mobs to focus on the player that taunted them, reduct threat (sooth, calm, etc) will shift their focus to someone else.

The big problem with them is that they are X pip spells. It doesn't work well with minions, because none of them have enough health to survive multiple mobs on them while you try to rebuild your pips up to attack.

For 2 or more players, I can see this being useful only to life mages, since the benefit of not having healers the target of any mobs is obvious.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Historian
May 28, 2009
Mythknowledge655 wrote:

These cards only work with CPU enemies. If they keep attacking you, use the card. Those cards make the enemy/ies been more peaceful to you. The threat level is based on if you attacked that enemy a lot or not. It only works if there's other players.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
threat means the enemy is taunted. NPC enemies will focus on the player who taunted them. soothe spells removes the taunt. its useless in pvp and i have never seen someone use a soothe spell seriously

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Okay, say you are in a 3v3 vs A storm boss and a myth minion. You use Humungofrog. The storm boss gets hits 500 damage and the minion gets hit 50. The boss was hit pretty hard so he will start to attack you. The minion might not attack you because you hit pretty low. So your about to die and your teamates do not have any heals. Use soothe, calm, or any card with the bird on the storm boss. It might make him hit another player. If you hit him too hard you might have to use 2-3. Those bird cards saved your life :D (will not work in pvp) :x

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
IDK ???????

I'm a life wizard & we can learn those spells, but they don't seem to do anything. So I excommunicated them from my deck.

Robert DragonWhisperer lvl 60 Lifer

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
Mythknowledge655 wrote:

If you saw those Ice spells that begins with "taunt", "distract", or "threat" and which has a laughing skull on the picture, the "bird" cards you get from Mortis are the exact opposite. Taunting spells are used so the enemies are forced to attack the caster of the taunt while the other team member(s) heal. They are usually trained by Ice wizards because of their high shielding and health, they make good "deadhits", meaning that the enemy cannot target any other player on the team but the caster of the taunt. And since that Ice wizards are nearly indestructible, they will be doing nothing but wasting their pips.

A card with a bird on it, on the other hand, instead reduces the threat in the enemy it was cast on and makes the enemy target another player/minion/henchmen in the duel. They are usually trained by Storm, Fire, or any other school with low health, as this allows them to take in no or minimum damage as the foe whose the spell is cast on will be forced to attack another player in the dueling area then the caster.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011