Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Thoughts on the Goldenbeak Sword

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Goldenbeak Sword:
> In-game code found in the Mar/Apr '10 Beckett Massive Online Gamer, available at newstands now. (One-use code) $5.99 US
> 3 copies of a 75-damage storm damage. Usable by any level. Tradable but not available for auction.

Thoughts: Not a bad sword for a new character or any character up to level 29 (note, at level 30 you can get wands/staves with a free pip, and who could turn your nose up at those :) ). Three uses is usually enough for the lower level, and the damage it does allows you to remove the 1-pip spells from your deck. Even on Triton vs Storm creatures, it will do more damage after the resist than a lower level wand. As this can be traded between characters, it really enhances the value for a newer player, as all his/her characters can use it.

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:
Goldenbeak Sword:
> In-game code found in the Mar/Apr '10 Beckett Massive Online Gamer, available at newstands now. (One-use code) $5.99 US
> 3 copies of a 75-damage storm damage. Usable by any level. Tradable but not available for auction.

Thoughts: Not a bad sword for a new character or any character up to level 29 (note, at level 30 you can get wands/staves with a free pip, and who could turn your nose up at those :) ). Three uses is usually enough for the lower level, and the damage it does allows you to remove the 1-pip spells from your deck. Even on Triton vs Storm creatures, it will do more damage after the resist than a lower level wand. As this can be traded between characters, it really enhances the value for a newer player, as all his/her characters can use it.

Well, I always like freebies, so that's what good I can say about this...lol.

Personally I love having my Sword of Valor more as it does 100 damage, which at very low levels sure can save mana and lets you kill off some creatures with one or two hits while building up pips for an attack spell on another creature. I especially love doing this in Golem Tower, I don't even have my deck equipped for the first two floors of it, I just use the sword...lol.

Would have been nice if this new sword did 100 damage as well, but it's free so you can't complain too much :)