Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Is So Frustrating!!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2009
I recently went back to Firecat Alley to get in a simple fight with a fire-elf. Then three novices who shouldn't even be in Firecat Alley yet walked in and dragged along three Fire-elf pathfinders, which all attacked me. The novices didn't help at all, they just whined, "Rebecca Duskglade, please use life symbol heart on [insert name here]" and "I need healing". Finally, the monsters decided to beat up the novices because I kept healing myself and not the sore whiners. When they all died, I was fighting 3 more monsters than I actually wanted to, and meanwhile the novices kept on screaming to be healed. First of all, Why should there be novices in Firecat Alley? I say plop them off at Unicorn Way where they belong; they'll get beaten to a pulp in the dangerous waters, and besides, Fireat Alley is the last of the three streets, so I should only be seeing initiates playing the storyline and adepts on the quest from Henry Boddington. Also, the novices were letting the clock running out and not doing anything at all, and asking me to heal them. Why should I heal people who drag in monsters that attack me and don't do anything at all to help? It's really annoying, and I think we should do something about both issues. I think Diego once had a tutorial tip saying, "When you see a fellow wizard in danger, jump in and help them." Well, I think some people only registered "jump in" It just really stinks.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This comes up at least once a week.

The techs aren't likely to program the game to bar people from going places that are too tough for them.

Firecat Alley isn't any tougher than either of the other two streets off of Olde Town; it just happens to be the one at the bottom of the hill. I personally believe that Triton is the toughest of the three.

That said, the fastest way for somebody to learn that they're in over their head is for the enemies to send them back to the Commons.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
You can do the 3 streets in any order you want to.

And yes, there are alot of wizards out there who don't really know how to play, let alone play with others. Not much you can do about those except play in "perfect" realms and hope there aren't any there.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
Actually, the three streets can be played in any order you want, provided you're a member or pay with crowns. Those people were probably just exploring Wizard City, and happened to jump in. You had some heals so you should have been able to finish them off. I would suggest playing on less crowded realms and be thankful that didn't happen to you in Dragonspyre. In Wizard City, generally the street battles can be fought solo with three enemies. In Dragonspyre however, fighting three 1,000 plus health enemies is not an option. If you plan on soloing stick to less crowded realms.

Please correct me without berating me if you disagree.

Quinn Draognwhisper-Grandmaster Myth
Benjamin Draognblade-Grandmaster Storm

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
Normally, when this happens to me and the person (s) don't help, I just hit esc and leave them there. Wait a few seconds and log back in. They will be gone. After enough times, they will learn their lesson.