Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This is insane

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I am in Nastrond right now, fighting Dulin's Band. Now I knew going in i would need help, so I got crowns to buy henchmen. Well... for the SECOND time in a row I have died in this battle and the life hench has not healed me. Now I'm stuck watching hench fight my battle because I can't flee, and I can't get another hench to maybe heal me. Yes I know, thats what friends are for, not hench.. well I am a solo fighter and the few friends that I do have are hardly ever able to help (for various reasons).

Now that I have that said..

KI? Could you please tweak the life henchmen to heal a defeated battler.. or just delay their spell selection by just a few seconds so a person can flee.

Now I'm going to try this for the third time... Wish me luck. lol.

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Hey Dragonpfyre,

Im sure you've likely finished that quest by now.
But just to add on to what you're saying - the Life Henchman (or should I say Henchwoman) is the most useless off all the hired help available.

Unfortunatly, henchmen are not programmed to analyze HP, and because of this, they will just cast heals at random, usually neglecting those who really need it.

Despite the fact that the Life henchman won't attack, and usually just casts sprites, it remains the top purchased henchman in the game, oddly :?

In a recent experience, me and 2 friends did the Waterworks dungeon in Crab Alley. Because there was 3 of us, one of my friends kept hiring a life henchman to fill the extra spot, and try to give us an advantage. He must have blown about 200 crowns in total by hiring one almost every fight.
In nearly all instances, I was the one the Life henchman kept healing. Sure my friends might get the odd sprite cast on them here and there, but the focus of the healing was almost entirely on me. Ironically, I play as a Death wizard. With my wraiths and crows I was able to keep my health high, if not completely full. But this didnt stop the henchman from casting a satyr on me afterwards, as my poor friends watched, starving for HP.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
dragonpfyre219 wrote:
I am in Nastrond right now, fighting Dulin's Band. Now I knew going in i would need help, so I got crowns to buy henchmen. Well... for the SECOND time in a row I have died in this battle and the life hench has not healed me. Now I'm stuck watching hench fight my battle because I can't flee, and I can't get another hench to maybe heal me. Yes I know, thats what friends are for, not hench.. well I am a solo fighter and the few friends that I do have are hardly ever able to help (for various reasons).

Now that I have that said..

KI? Could you please tweak the life henchmen to heal a defeated battler.. or just delay their spell selection by just a few seconds so a person can flee.

Now I'm going to try this for the third time... Wish me luck. lol.

I know, it is a bit tough. But--- the four Frost Giants are easy.