Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This Game.... The Magic is Gone...

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
well as long as I can handle myself in a mob fight and don't need assistance for every single boss fight ill stick around but i have little patience for farming so if that keeps getting harder as well i will quit unless i can get what i need through crowns which has NOT been the case as all the crown gear kinda stinks yet i bought some just for fighting storm mobs and bosses lol

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Twilight Angel on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
Well everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and opinions. But still, I disagree that Wizard101 has lost its magic. Honestly, if you are all so upset about it, you should just stop playing. And I'm not trying to be rude, it's what anyone should do if they are upset about a changed game. Just like the Cheshire cat says, "Not all change is good." but not all of it is bad. I think KI wanted to spice things up more for the game, and although I was very, very, very confused about the whole new system, I eventually got the hang of it. Even though I've gotten stuck plenty of times, I have never really left this game. It's too amazing to let go of.

Really, I truly think if you think that KI has 'tarnished a beautiful game,' then stop playing. The answer is simple if you hate it that much. Not all people share your opinion, so I doubt KI will go back on its ways especially seeing how far this game has gone. You can hope that KI will, but I seriously doubt that KI will remove the system of Criticals, Stuns, Piercing, and Healing boosts. Many people actually rely on this system to get by, and it would be totally unfair just to take it away from them. In fact, most people complain about Ice being the 'weakest school.' Now with the new Critical rating, you can push that all aside and have the strength of a Storm wizard! I would never have gotten past the title of Legendary if it weren't for Criticals.

If you don't want to stop playing, my answer is very blunt: just go with it. Wizard101 can still be fun but only if you are willing to let it be fun. I can't say much more than that.

In my opinion, Wizard101 will forever be a favorite game of mine. It is full of amazing people and exciting adventure. (And not to mention a very creative sense of humor!) Thanks for reading my opinion.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent
P.S., I'm not going to reply to any flaming/yelling or weak rebuking/single sentences. Cheers!
A lot of players have already stopped playing. I have gotten to the point that each time I stop running in the second arc, I stay away longer and longer each time.

The story line is a jumbled mess. It is no where near as much fun or magical as the first arc.

What is the point in trying to follow something that makes no sense? Trying to accomplish something that knocks you down at every turn is no fun and is the very reason a lot of players have left and more will be leaving.

The difficulty level has more than doubled since the beginning of the second arc but our wizards are not advancing nor is the game maintaining a balance. Our Professors no longer attempt to prepare us for what we ware going to face Spells coming too late to be of any use for that world, Gear not worth the effort required to get it, crafting quests over the top, Spells starting to fizz more AGAIN.

These boards are for player feedback. This game WAS a family oriented, casual game. It is no longer that. Instead, it has left many players behind and quitting.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
62
The biggest reason I am disappointed with the game lately is that we stopped being students. In the fun beginning at Wizard City, we frequently visited Ravenwood, and learned spells from the teacher. I personally felt like a student, and that what was it was all about, studying at Ravenwood with your friends at this wizard school. But, at the higher levels it all changes. After Mooshu or so, you stop being a student, you are basically a servant that travels the worlds of the spiral defeating evil on your own, like a mercenary or something. The teachers say, "Oh, you progressed in your studies, so here's a quest for a new spell", when you're basically done with the world you're on. Well guess what? I didn't do any studying because I have stopped being a student! Please KI, add more spells that can be learned directly from the teacher, and have there be 3-5 spells per 10 levels, not just one huge one. I don't really know, make us run around Ravenwood more or something, just don't forget that we are students at Ravenwood, and should be treated as such.
Please respond.

Nicholas Legendbringer level 72

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
48
crystal2020164 on Mar 29, 2013 wrote:
you can't expect an easy walk through the game. so basically you dont want the new worlds to get harder and keep their difficulty at mooshu or dragonspyre difficulty? The game is supposed to be hard in the higher worlds. Use new strategies. Take some time thinking through your deck. This isnt supposed to be a stroll in the park you know. There has to be some strategic places.
I agree %100 .... Granted this is a game I believe was based on the younger generation. But once they realized the game was being played by all age ranges they had to kick it up a notch or two... I feel this game is no different than any other.. The higher level you get, the harder it's going to be. This should have been expected.

ALTHOUGH... There are not many "Friendly" players out there. I've noticed in my short time of playing, You will have all kinds of people ask to be friends so you can help them through quests only to find out later they ARE NOT going to help you when you need it.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
25
I understand where you all are coming from. I've been there.

I lost interest. It was too hard. Too much running back and forth.
I left for about 6 months.
Then my aunt approached me, and explain how much she needed help in Avalon, how she was stuck, and how beautiful the game was. So I cam back.
I turned on the volume. It adds so much to the "magic."
I savored the animation. I embraced the challenges-- both in difficulty and repetitiveness-- and tackled Celestia and Zafaria with her help. It was epic. I am now in Avalon, almost helpless without her or someone else's help, but having a blast.

Here's what I recommend for those who miss the "magic":
  1. Turn on the volume
  2. If that doesn't help or you've had it on the whole time, leave. Take a break for a few days, or weeks, or months....
  3. Come back with a new perspective. Start slow, watching the animations again, savoring the music. Have you ever noticed how beautiful a fire cat is, with those layers of orange and that fiery glow? Or the celestian battle music... It's so catchy! Isn't it?
  4. Tackle your problems with a friend. It helps. Difficulty is lowered, enjoy-ability is increased. You can chat!


Keep an open mind. It's an awesome game.

Rebecca Emeraldflame level 75 sorcerer (was lvl 53 when I left)

Survivor
May 28, 2011
47
hello, fellow wizards or rather comrades in the Wizard City.I do have the some frustration but not with world like celestia or whatever i did all them and also completed the task to become legendary crafter and finished all the quest.I'm very proud of myself cause i did it all but the my frustration is that getting this new world of immortals.I was been in and out i can't even count anymore still not getting anything from the hades of tartarus the last battle my buddy onl got the boots as a balance after what we did at least he got the boots but not me.It just not fair I am fire wizard i did the killing but not getting anything out of it. that's my frustration something you work so hard and not getting anything.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
992
I agree! The criticals ruined it for me. It's nice to occassionally add a new spell to your deck instead of staying at level 50 forever, but the new gears and features (critical, pets, etc.) have ruined the game. PvP has also taken its toll. At least in my opinion.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
19
DragonLady1818 on Aug 20, 2013 wrote:
A lot of players have already stopped playing. I have gotten to the point that each time I stop running in the second arc, I stay away longer and longer each time.

The story line is a jumbled mess. It is no where near as much fun or magical as the first arc.

What is the point in trying to follow something that makes no sense? Trying to accomplish something that knocks you down at every turn is no fun and is the very reason a lot of players have left and more will be leaving.

The difficulty level has more than doubled since the beginning of the second arc but our wizards are not advancing nor is the game maintaining a balance. Our Professors no longer attempt to prepare us for what we ware going to face Spells coming too late to be of any use for that world, Gear not worth the effort required to get it, crafting quests over the top, Spells starting to fizz more AGAIN.

These boards are for player feedback. This game WAS a family oriented, casual game. It is no longer that. Instead, it has left many players behind and quitting.
My last post must not have gotten through, apologies for my late reply.

Trust me, I can tell from the posts in this topic. Although, I'm curious. If you've stopped playing, why hang around these boards? I'm not trying to patronize you, just curious. If this place is truly for player feed back but you have stopped playing, doesn't that make you not a player? Just wondering.

I think it was wonderful. Note that I said I think. I know a lot of people disagree, but if you didn't like it, why not try and push past it? In fact aren't most people concerned about a game's gameplay and not the story? Take a lot of first person shooter games for example. The majority of people spend their time playing online rather than paying attention to the actual storyline. Even though Wizard101 is completely different from a shooter game, I think its gameplay deserves more attention than the story line.

You think it doesn't make sense and others do. Well, isn't that what a good story about, where nothing is perfect? I would rather have more things go wrong for me than have more right things happen to me in a story. I would never encourage a 'perfect storyline.' I think the reason most people have left is because of the difficulty and not the storyline.

Nothing is easy, that's all I can say. If you want something easy, try a different game, because there is no changing the difficulty. What balance do you speak of? Well, aren't our wizards getting more and more experienced as we push further? I don't want the same person teaching me over and over. I think it would be exciting for someone new to teach me. Most of my gear was dropped by strong enemies, and without it I wouldn't be here. Crafting is optional. If you're not willing to do a lot of buying or searching for reagents then you automatically know it isn't for you. Spells still have the same percentage. In fact, with the new astral spells you can increase their chance of not failing.

Again, if one was not a player, why would one be here? If they had really stopped playing, I don't see a reason for them to give feedback, since you say it is a player's feed back type of message boards.

If so many people have left, why do we have so many high level wizards, then? Every time I go online, the majority of wizards that I see are level 90. And this means that the player cares. The player cares just enough to carry their wizards to the top. They have gotten through both difficulty and story line, and if they can do it, so can we. If players hated this game so much, I would barely be seeing these wizards.

I feel like a lot of people are going to hate me after reading this post. If you don't agree with me, it's fine. I can't change you and your brain. I can only debate with it. Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2636
Twilight Angel on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
My last post must not have gotten through, apologies for my late reply.

Trust me, I can tell from the posts in this topic. Although, I'm curious. If you've stopped playing, why hang around these boards? I'm not trying to patronize you, just curious. If this place is truly for player feed back but you have stopped playing, doesn't that make you not a player? Just wondering.

I think it was wonderful. Note that I said I think. I know a lot of people disagree, but if you didn't like it, why not try and push past it? In fact aren't most people concerned about a game's gameplay and not the story? Take a lot of first person shooter games for example. The majority of people spend their time playing online rather than paying attention to the actual storyline. Even though Wizard101 is completely different from a shooter game, I think its gameplay deserves more attention than the story line.

You think it doesn't make sense and others do. Well, isn't that what a good story about, where nothing is perfect? I would rather have more things go wrong for me than have more right things happen to me in a story. I would never encourage a 'perfect storyline.' I think the reason most people have left is because of the difficulty and not the storyline.

Nothing is easy, that's all I can say. If you want something easy, try a different game, because there is no changing the difficulty. What balance do you speak of? Well, aren't our wizards getting more and more experienced as we push further? I don't want the same person teaching me over and over. I think it would be exciting for someone new to teach me. Most of my gear was dropped by strong enemies, and without it I wouldn't be here. Crafting is optional. If you're not willing to do a lot of buying or searching for reagents then you automatically know it isn't for you. Spells still have the same percentage. In fact, with the new astral spells you can increase their chance of not failing.

Again, if one was not a player, why would one be here? If they had really stopped playing, I don't see a reason for them to give feedback, since you say it is a player's feed back type of message boards.

If so many people have left, why do we have so many high level wizards, then? Every time I go online, the majority of wizards that I see are level 90. And this means that the player cares. The player cares just enough to carry their wizards to the top. They have gotten through both difficulty and story line, and if they can do it, so can we. If players hated this game so much, I would barely be seeing these wizards.

I feel like a lot of people are going to hate me after reading this post. If you don't agree with me, it's fine. I can't change you and your brain. I can only debate with it. Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent
I think what it boils down to is, some people like the new content and way KI is steering the game now and some do not. I am with DragonLady on this one. I think they should change their advertising to entice more gamer types because really if you don't really learn how to play the game and put some time into that are you getting though Celestia even? My original friends list emptied out mid Mooshu and rest left in DS.

Alot has to do with why we play games and what we like to get from them - keeping in mind they are paying for this in the mean time.

Personally I have 2 lvl 90 wizards parked in AZ you don't see. One is slated for just gardening or deletion and if I can force myself to do it, one may finish AZ if and when the lvl cap is raised but that is the extent of what I want to "work" on in a game. Now I make and delete wizards like no tomorrow. I quest for a while get tired of it and abracadabra. I tried each school at least twice now. I joined for the first arc clearly. Casual, simple, mindless, stress free, escape from real life, game play. I don't need a game to challenge me I have real life for that.

What is considered FUN for some is not FUN for all. Keep in mind I joined Wizard101 because I thought it was going to be different then say WOW and now it's really not.

Many will enter, few will win.

Mary StarGem lvl 90

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Twilight Angel on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
My last post must not have gotten through, apologies for my late reply.

Trust me, I can tell from the posts in this topic. Although, I'm curious. If you've stopped playing, why hang around these boards? I'm not trying to patronize you, just curious. If this place is truly for player feed back but you have stopped playing, doesn't that make you not a player? Just wondering.

I think it was wonderful. Note that I said I think. I know a lot of people disagree, but if you didn't like it, why not try and push past it? In fact aren't most people concerned about a game's gameplay and not the story? Take a lot of first person shooter games for example. The majority of people spend their time playing online rather than paying attention to the actual storyline. Even though Wizard101 is completely different from a shooter game, I think its gameplay deserves more attention than the story line.

You think it doesn't make sense and others do. Well, isn't that what a good story about, where nothing is perfect? I would rather have more things go wrong for me than have more right things happen to me in a story. I would never encourage a 'perfect storyline.' I think the reason most people have left is because of the difficulty and not the storyline.

Nothing is easy, that's all I can say. If you want something easy, try a different game, because there is no changing the difficulty. What balance do you speak of? Well, aren't our wizards getting more and more experienced as we push further? I don't want the same person teaching me over and over. I think it would be exciting for someone new to teach me. Most of my gear was dropped by strong enemies, and without it I wouldn't be here. Crafting is optional. If you're not willing to do a lot of buying or searching for reagents then you automatically know it isn't for you. Spells still have the same percentage. In fact, with the new astral spells you can increase their chance of not failing.

Again, if one was not a player, why would one be here? If they had really stopped playing, I don't see a reason for them to give feedback, since you say it is a player's feed back type of message boards.

If so many people have left, why do we have so many high level wizards, then? Every time I go online, the majority of wizards that I see are level 90. And this means that the player cares. The player cares just enough to carry their wizards to the top. They have gotten through both difficulty and story line, and if they can do it, so can we. If players hated this game so much, I would barely be seeing these wizards.

I feel like a lot of people are going to hate me after reading this post. If you don't agree with me, it's fine. I can't change you and your brain. I can only debate with it. Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent
Apparently, you didn't read what I said: " I have gotten to the point that each time I stop running in the second arc, I stay away longer and longer each time. " It just so happens I do have a level 90 life. I also said "second arc". So what I am saying is that I don't run the wizards in the second arc like I used to. The Second arc just does not make sense anymore. If you are trying to read a book and the story does not hold your attention, are you going to keep reading it? The story line is important. W101 is not just some random gam that you play and not have a goal. It HAD a well defined story at one point, but by the time you get to Azteca, it is gone or so broken that it is impossible to follow.

I have several wizards throughout the Spiral with some of them in the first arc. I do run the wizards I have in the first arc but, will only run up to a certain point. The 3 wizards I have in WinterTusk and Cl will advance up to and include Avalon but no further.

Balance? Sure we are still gaining Experience, BUT, when your wizards are still only starting with 2 Power Pips and the mobs with 4+ Power Pips and the bosses with a full rack of Pips, DO you honestly call that balanced? When you start a new world and a boss or mob can take you out within a couple of rounds and your wizard not even get a hit in, DO you call that balanced? Not getting any decent upgraded gear DROPPED by bosses but instead getting nerfed gear that would be useful in CL is not Balanced.

Not getting your newest Spells till you are almost finished with a world when you really needed it shortly after starting that world, yet getting slammed with it from bosses gets very discouraging for a lot of players. Trying to finish a crafting quest that takes running through a world the equivilant of 2+ times to get that final piece is beyond reasonable.

I and many others lost friends in the game when CL went live. CL is Long but the storyline is there, I just am not fond of the Underwater worlds or areas, but I do them including all sides. ZF was tedious, but still the storyline is there. Avalon was actually fun and the only thing I really dislike about the second arc up to and in Avalon is not being able to STACK the mob/Collect quests.

If we had been able to Stack a lot of those mobs and collects, and especially in Azteca, some of it would not have seemed so bad. Not stacking just makes it a lot longer and a lot more tedious than it should be. This is like going to the store, buy one item, take it home, then go back buy another, take it home, go back buy another, take it home. Who in their right mind would shop in that manner? The same thing if you are doing a job, you don't do just a piece here, then a piece there, you MULTI-TASK.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Bennotoriuos fire on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
hello, fellow wizards or rather comrades in the Wizard City.I do have the some frustration but not with world like celestia or whatever i did all them and also completed the task to become legendary crafter and finished all the quest.I'm very proud of myself cause i did it all but the my frustration is that getting this new world of immortals.I was been in and out i can't even count anymore still not getting anything from the hades of tartarus the last battle my buddy onl got the boots as a balance after what we did at least he got the boots but not me.It just not fair I am fire wizard i did the killing but not getting anything out of it. that's my frustration something you work so hard and not getting anything.
Sorry to hear that you've got some had luck- the game's always been about chance and gamble lately...

I might start to play w101 a bit more for Aquila. I heard it's a lot of fun, not to mention one of the reasons I got frustrated with the game was because my wizard was limping along with a waterworks set he's been using for over 20 levels and he didn't want to work so unnecessarily hard crafting stronger gear.

Champion
Jul 04, 2012
495
I dislike Celestia too. But i disagree with what you said it gets worse. Zafaria gets better. and avalon. then azteca is bad.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
25
Twilight Angel on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
My last post must not have gotten through, apologies for my late reply.

Trust me, I can tell from the posts in this topic. Although, I'm curious. If you've stopped playing, why hang around these boards? I'm not trying to patronize you, just curious. If this place is truly for player feed back but you have stopped playing, doesn't that make you not a player? Just wondering.

I think it was wonderful. Note that I said I think. I know a lot of people disagree, but if you didn't like it, why not try and push past it? In fact aren't most people concerned about a game's gameplay and not the story? Take a lot of first person shooter games for example. The majority of people spend their time playing online rather than paying attention to the actual storyline. Even though Wizard101 is completely different from a shooter game, I think its gameplay deserves more attention than the story line.

You think it doesn't make sense and others do. Well, isn't that what a good story about, where nothing is perfect? I would rather have more things go wrong for me than have more right things happen to me in a story. I would never encourage a 'perfect storyline.' I think the reason most people have left is because of the difficulty and not the storyline.

Nothing is easy, that's all I can say. If you want something easy, try a different game, because there is no changing the difficulty. What balance do you speak of? Well, aren't our wizards getting more and more experienced as we push further? I don't want the same person teaching me over and over. I think it would be exciting for someone new to teach me. Most of my gear was dropped by strong enemies, and without it I wouldn't be here. Crafting is optional. If you're not willing to do a lot of buying or searching for reagents then you automatically know it isn't for you. Spells still have the same percentage. In fact, with the new astral spells you can increase their chance of not failing.

Again, if one was not a player, why would one be here? If they had really stopped playing, I don't see a reason for them to give feedback, since you say it is a player's feed back type of message boards.

If so many people have left, why do we have so many high level wizards, then? Every time I go online, the majority of wizards that I see are level 90. And this means that the player cares. The player cares just enough to carry their wizards to the top. They have gotten through both difficulty and story line, and if they can do it, so can we. If players hated this game so much, I would barely be seeing these wizards.

I feel like a lot of people are going to hate me after reading this post. If you don't agree with me, it's fine. I can't change you and your brain. I can only debate with it. Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent
No matter what other people think, I have to agree.
The game is great! If it's too hard, then, ok. Fine. There are other parts of the game that you can work in if you don't want to quest. Crafting and hatching are not required.
Also, the difficulty makes it challenging, forces you to work with others and discover what teamwork can do.
You may have problems with the game, but that doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. I love the story line. I may not be to Azteca yet, but my friends enjoy it, the challenge, and the story.

However:
I agree critical has both added and subtracted from the experience. The randomness is annoying, but it also allows you to do amazing damage. I wouldn't want it to go away though. (I sorry if you think it ruined the game, but that's not my problem, or my point. I'm also sorry if you stop playing the game. Your loss.)
The monsters in higher places have advantages that are just... unfair. I think that KingIsle could make future worlds more attractive if they found ways to provide us with advantages similar to those that the monsters have.
For example, ice characters could have a spell that always keeps a -50% shield on them for 4 rounds, like some cheating bosses, only not so extreme. Maybe death characters can have a spell that return traps cast on them to the giver for four rounds. Who knows?
But give us the option to have more pips and the start (that even non-pvp people can get).

Look at the bright side. The game can always change. That's one of the most precious things about KingsIsle. They're always looking for feed back.

And please, view the game as you like. I'm not trying to change your point of view, merely showing mine, hoping that KI will read it and take some of my suggestions.

Just Ideas
Rebecca Emeraldflame lvl 75 sorcerer

Survivor
Jul 26, 2013
2
I may not be as far as any of you (still in Krok), but I watch Heather ShadowSlinger, Blaze LifeHammer, and I understand. Its like day and night to what I'm doing now in Krok. Great big bosses, setting up all the time, it gets repetitive. I can't wait to get , or , because moon gives polymorphs, which give a whole new deck, and star because it boosts me. Still, its tough to play when you progress. I have a Trojan Horse which has Gnomes as its card. I want to use it, but setting up all the pips is tougher than it looks. Its hard when you set up for a OHKO, and you get defeated in the process. Rebbeca EmberFlame said what I said, and more. I need friends and that is what questing is for, proggresing and making friends! Nothing bad, just look and say, "Look for friends they help all the way."

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
19
DragonLady1818 on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Apparently, you didn't read what I said: " I have gotten to the point that each time I stop running in the second arc, I stay away longer and longer each time. " It just so happens I do have a level 90 life. I also said "second arc". So what I am saying is that I don't run the wizards in the second arc like I used to. The Second arc just does not make sense anymore. If you are trying to read a book and the story does not hold your attention, are you going to keep reading it? The story line is important. W101 is not just some random gam that you play and not have a goal. It HAD a well defined story at one point, but by the time you get to Azteca, it is gone or so broken that it is impossible to follow.

I have several wizards throughout the Spiral with some of them in the first arc. I do run the wizards I have in the first arc but, will only run up to a certain point. The 3 wizards I have in WinterTusk and Cl will advance up to and include Avalon but no further.

Balance? Sure we are still gaining Experience, BUT, when your wizards are still only starting with 2 Power Pips and the mobs with 4+ Power Pips and the bosses with a full rack of Pips, DO you honestly call that balanced? When you start a new world and a boss or mob can take you out within a couple of rounds and your wizard not even get a hit in, DO you call that balanced? Not getting any decent upgraded gear DROPPED by bosses but instead getting nerfed gear that would be useful in CL is not Balanced.

Not getting your newest Spells till you are almost finished with a world when you really needed it shortly after starting that world, yet getting slammed with it from bosses gets very discouraging for a lot of players. Trying to finish a crafting quest that takes running through a world the equivilant of 2+ times to get that final piece is beyond reasonable.

I and many others lost friends in the game when CL went live. CL is Long but the storyline is there, I just am not fond of the Underwater worlds or areas, but I do them including all sides. ZF was tedious, but still the storyline is there. Avalon was actually fun and the only thing I really dislike about the second arc up to and in Avalon is not being able to STACK the mob/Collect quests.

If we had been able to Stack a lot of those mobs and collects, and especially in Azteca, some of it would not have seemed so bad. Not stacking just makes it a lot longer and a lot more tedious than it should be. This is like going to the store, buy one item, take it home, then go back buy another, take it home, go back buy another, take it home. Who in their right mind would shop in that manner? The same thing if you are doing a job, you don't do just a piece here, then a piece there, you MULTI-TASK.
Oh my goodness, I feel like I've started a war. Please don't become enraged, I'm just trying to have a debate.

I see you said that, but I was talking to everyone else here who has truly stopped playing. Honestly, you seem to be so upset with the game, so do you see yourself staying and playing the game any longer? I can't say that I do, since you seem to dislike the majority of the changes in both gameplay and storyline.

Haha, I only have one Transcendent wizard, Courtney, but she's my highest level. I feel like such a weakling.

Alright, alright, I didn't know what balance you were speaking of, please, apologies. I agree with you on that. I have always wondered why KI decided to make such a strange change. I think maybe a way to fix it would to create a wand that gave out two or three pips instead of one at the start of a fight. But then again, that would disastrously different for PvP, and the balance in there would be thrown off if that person with that wand went second. (Those who go second in PvP get one extra pip. I think?) Of course they could always just lessen the amount of pips the enemy shall start with. Also, no gear is perfect, and if you aren't willing to farm a certain boss for armor, don't try it. I have never farmed a boss for armor, the only exception is Waterworks, but if a piece of armor is too high level to wear, I wait until I level up to try it out. Armor is balanced to some people and not to others, because people look for specific qualities in armory. It's why everyone 'looks different,' aside from stitching, ha.

Before you tell me 'I told you so' or think that I agree with you suddenly, stop. I never said I one hundred percent thought Wizard101 was a perfect game, I said I didn't think it had lost its magic. Although it is 'imperfect' I still love it.

If you are to low level, then do all of the side quests, for that Is the best strategy for anyone. I have a friend who was already level 50 when he started Dragonspyre. How crazy it that? Blaine, you amaze me. Moving on, if you dislike crafting so much, just don't do it. I don't really see any clothes I like that require crafting because I have no secondary school. (Astral spells are my secondary school, technically.)

I don't want to repeat what I said earlier again, so I'll just say that people think differently. Just because you dislike something doesn't mean everyone dislikes it.

Wait, isn't a stack of quests also tedious? I honestly wouldn't want the same quests over and over. But that's just me, 'cause I enjoy mix ups. Maybe it could be going to a different store every time, though. Haha, I have such weird philosophies.

How can one possibly mutli-task on Wizard101? Please, do tell. While online you cannot have someone else on that same profile playing at the same time. Even with a friend helping you, they can't just 'do the quest for you.' (Exception is in dungeons.) Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
19
Northlite on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
I think what it boils down to is, some people like the new content and way KI is steering the game now and some do not. I am with DragonLady on this one. I think they should change their advertising to entice more gamer types because really if you don't really learn how to play the game and put some time into that are you getting though Celestia even? My original friends list emptied out mid Mooshu and rest left in DS.

Alot has to do with why we play games and what we like to get from them - keeping in mind they are paying for this in the mean time.

Personally I have 2 lvl 90 wizards parked in AZ you don't see. One is slated for just gardening or deletion and if I can force myself to do it, one may finish AZ if and when the lvl cap is raised but that is the extent of what I want to "work" on in a game. Now I make and delete wizards like no tomorrow. I quest for a while get tired of it and abracadabra. I tried each school at least twice now. I joined for the first arc clearly. Casual, simple, mindless, stress free, escape from real life, game play. I don't need a game to challenge me I have real life for that.

What is considered FUN for some is not FUN for all. Keep in mind I joined Wizard101 because I thought it was going to be different then say WOW and now it's really not.

Many will enter, few will win.

Mary StarGem lvl 90
Yes, that is my point. Everyone thinks differently, some like the changes and some do not. I cannot change you or your brain; I'm just a simple debater with it. I am not sure how Wizard101 would do 'better advertising.' In fact, with the newer technical system, it should be attractive to the technical gamers out there. Well, I probably have zero original friends in my friend's list, ha. Usually it's because people have gotten stuck or found interest in something else. Or it's that they have school. Whatever the reason there is almost no chance of making it through the spiral with the same exact friends along the entire way. Friends go offline, and when they do, you get ahead of them. That just how it works. New friends are always waiting to be made.

Amazing, I could never be able to do that. I am one of those gamers who never wants their progress to be lost. Wait, stop right there. Games aren't going to be easy, whoever said that? It will always rack up the challenge as you progress no matter what. That is how Wizard101's difficulty works.

What I said before was that Wizard101 can be a fun game, but only if you are willing to let it be fun. I don't expect everyone to think it's a fun game, but I know there are quite a few people out there who are in love with the game. World of Worldcraft is different than Wizard101. Whereas you are stuck in a fight made up of turns and a rock paper scissor basis that decides who goes first and last, in World of Worldcraft, you have to constantly be on your toes. There is no 'waiting for everyone to attack' depending on your strategy. Wizard101 is still very simple compared to most MMO RPG's. When I tried to convince my friend to join Wizard101 when the new changes had come out, he refused because it seemed simple to him.

Of course, that is totally true. But honestly, if so few win, why do I see so many level 90 wizards such as yourself? I think that they have 'won,' but there certainly not a few of them out there. Thanks for reading.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
19
Rebecca Emeraldfla... on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
No matter what other people think, I have to agree.
The game is great! If it's too hard, then, ok. Fine. There are other parts of the game that you can work in if you don't want to quest. Crafting and hatching are not required.
Also, the difficulty makes it challenging, forces you to work with others and discover what teamwork can do.
You may have problems with the game, but that doesn't mean others can't enjoy it. I love the story line. I may not be to Azteca yet, but my friends enjoy it, the challenge, and the story.

However:
I agree critical has both added and subtracted from the experience. The randomness is annoying, but it also allows you to do amazing damage. I wouldn't want it to go away though. (I sorry if you think it ruined the game, but that's not my problem, or my point. I'm also sorry if you stop playing the game. Your loss.)
The monsters in higher places have advantages that are just... unfair. I think that KingIsle could make future worlds more attractive if they found ways to provide us with advantages similar to those that the monsters have.
For example, ice characters could have a spell that always keeps a -50% shield on them for 4 rounds, like some cheating bosses, only not so extreme. Maybe death characters can have a spell that return traps cast on them to the giver for four rounds. Who knows?
But give us the option to have more pips and the start (that even non-pvp people can get).

Look at the bright side. The game can always change. That's one of the most precious things about KingsIsle. They're always looking for feed back.

And please, view the game as you like. I'm not trying to change your point of view, merely showing mine, hoping that KI will read it and take some of my suggestions.

Just Ideas
Rebecca Emeraldflame lvl 75 sorcerer
Thank you. Gratitude for pointing out something I missed earlier. I forgot that side quests are also quite interesting, sometimes even more intriguing than the main storyline itself. A very good point, I never really thought about it that way. I always noticed the need of assistance in the new worlds, but I never really thought it forced most people to stop being lone wolves.

Yes, I am travelling through Avalon just as we speak. Part of me is excited for Azteca while the other half is dreading it.

Yes, but to me, even if the chances are slim, I would try my best to get a critical. My Ice wizard could definitely use that enormous damage boost! A sun or star spell can also assist with Storm's percentage. You can make it over one hundred percent if you wanted! For those who have only Pixie as their healing spell, they can just Polymorph into a Treant or Jaguar to solve the situation. Now they have amazing healing abilities. And if you're up against a mob that is your school, you could use sun spells that switch your spells to the opposite school! Now we don't need for those hard-to-find-when-you-need-them prisms as much as did before.

Not just for the future world, I think it would be appreciated if all of the newer worlds were taken down a few notches. Just in my opinion, though. Yes, I have never been comfortable with cheating bosses even if it offers a challenge. I think the saying 'Cheaters never win' should be a little more present when it comes to this factor.

I agree. KI seems to be very closely connected with its audience and players. Thanks for reading!
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Dec 31, 2011
12
Well,

I don't know about you guys, but I actually focus on the storyline of the game. I find each world's storyline interestingly different. Some people just skip through all the dialogs, and that's what makes them bored. This might be because I'm a writer, but I find the intense stuff all the better.

Taylor Swift
Level 58

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2161
Twilight Angel said: "Wait, isn't a stack of quests also tedious? I honestly wouldn't want the same quests over and over."

Ok, did you enjoy going back and fighting the same mob over and over for different quests such as the Lions in Zafaria? In the first arc, if you paid attention to the quests and side quests, you could actually do 2 at the same time. For instance, in Krok, you might get a couple of quests that each quest required you to defeat 8 Kroks. Instead of having to do each of them separately, if you had both quests in your logs at the same time, you actually completed them both with only defeating 8 instead of 16. That is what I mean about stacking. In the second arc, you can't stack any of the mob quests.

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
Angela Gem on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
I dislike Celestia too. But i disagree with what you said it gets worse. Zafaria gets better. and avalon. then azteca is bad.
Well, in my personal opinion, Zafaria DOES fix up Celestia's problems, but adds new problems as well. Yeah, Zafaria was A LOT easier than Celestia, but the storyline was beginning to get jagged, and you began running in circles a lot more. Celestia was hard but the storyline wasn't bad for the first world in the second arc. Avalon got better with the storyline but we've taken quite a leap again which doesn't make things impossible to solo, but it takes more time and strategy. Azteca is just a wreck.

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
19
DragonLady1818 on Aug 23, 2013 wrote:
Twilight Angel said: "Wait, isn't a stack of quests also tedious? I honestly wouldn't want the same quests over and over."

Ok, did you enjoy going back and fighting the same mob over and over for different quests such as the Lions in Zafaria? In the first arc, if you paid attention to the quests and side quests, you could actually do 2 at the same time. For instance, in Krok, you might get a couple of quests that each quest required you to defeat 8 Kroks. Instead of having to do each of them separately, if you had both quests in your logs at the same time, you actually completed them both with only defeating 8 instead of 16. That is what I mean about stacking. In the second arc, you can't stack any of the mob quests.
It's embarrassing to admit, but I can't remember anything from the beginning of Zafaria. If not, then I can barely remember anything at all from that world. Ah, I did not know what type of multi-tasking you spoke of. Of course I knew, I just thought you meant using two wizards at the same time to help each other. Hm, now that I think about it I have been fighting a lot of Red Caps lately. I think you should suggest that KI fix this, then. It would be quite nice to be able to do this.
~ Courtney I. Transcendent

Survivor
Oct 09, 2011
8
yeah it kinda gets boring after a while