Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

"Thief Of Spells" Quest / Can't Get Legion Shield

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2012
Hi, I have a level 57 Ice Wizard who I am trying to get the spell "legion shield" on. I completely forgot that this spell existed and realized I needed to go back to Grizzleheim in order access it. However, the quest I need to do in order to get the spell is just not there. In order to get the spell I need to have:
1. Done the Grizzleheim story-line quests up to "one in the snout"
2. Done the quest "I know a guy".
3. Done the quest "Thief of spells".

My issue is that I can not find the quests "I know a guy" or "Thief of spells." (I know who gives these quests, "Baldur Goldpaws" and "Osric Grimbold.")
I should have access to at least one of these quests, but I don't.
The reason I know I should be able to have access to one of these quests is because I am currently working on the Wintertusk story-line quests, AND the only way that I could have access to the Wintertusk story-line quests is by having previously finished ALL of the Grizzleheim story-line quests.

Could someone please help me with this :( I really want this spell.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Schmelu on Dec 12, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I have a level 57 Ice Wizard who I am trying to get the spell "legion shield" on. I completely forgot that this spell existed and realized I needed to go back to Grizzleheim in order access it. However, the quest I need to do in order to get the spell is just not there. In order to get the spell I need to have:
1. Done the Grizzleheim story-line quests up to "one in the snout"
2. Done the quest "I know a guy".
3. Done the quest "Thief of spells".

My issue is that I can not find the quests "I know a guy" or "Thief of spells." (I know who gives these quests, "Baldur Goldpaws" and "Osric Grimbold.")
I should have access to at least one of these quests, but I don't.
The reason I know I should be able to have access to one of these quests is because I am currently working on the Wintertusk story-line quests, AND the only way that I could have access to the Wintertusk story-line quests is by having previously finished ALL of the Grizzleheim story-line quests.

Could someone please help me with this :( I really want this spell.
Erik Wyrdrune is the one that give "Thief of Spells." You might check with him in Northguard.

In order for you to be where you are, you have already completed all that is needed since you had to be lvl 35 to continue your questing in Grizz. Unless you missed getting the previous spell "Ice Guardian" at lvl 28.