Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The US gets it all.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 19, 2011
As a Canadian I have no access to bundles. I can't buy them online because I have no access to a credit card. Also I can't get the bundle from BlockBuster because all of the ones within an hour's drive have closed down. Yet in the U.S.A. they can buy bundles from all the major retailers. I'm lucky to have access to a wide variety of $10 and $20 gift cards, but KingsIsle and Fastcard need to have the other bundles available at retailers.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
I try to see myself in your position, and I think that would make me crazy.

And to think about it, I complained when some of the more backwater Targets, Wal*marts, and GameStops did not have those cards for a while. It would probably be worse if I lived in Canada instead of the US.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Yes, that is very true. Although i do NOT live in Canada i live in Australia. I only get the griffin bundle and the snake in the baskest bundle.

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Snintyeight wrote:
As a Canadian I have no access to bundles. I can't buy them online because I have no access to a credit card. Also I can't get the bundle from BlockBuster because all of the ones within an hour's drive have closed down. Yet in the U.S.A. they can buy bundles from all the major retailers. I'm lucky to have access to a wide variety of $10 and $20 gift cards, but KingsIsle and Fastcard need to have the other bundles available at retailers.

Meanie :( I disagree because I can't find the pagoda gauntlet anywhere in us

Defender
Mar 24, 2009
Explorer
Feb 12, 2011
mke497 wrote:
Snintyeight wrote:

Meanie :( I disagree because I can't find the pagoda gauntlet anywhere in us

I found mine at Target, but I did have to ask at the counter. There was not even a slot on the shelves for them -but they did have a package of 30 cards in the back.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
I agree with you 101% because I'm Canadian to and Its lame to not have those cool bundles.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
Snintyeight wrote:

It might be easier if KI sold everything online so that everyone can get to them. Its not easy to hit the stores here either. But I am in the US, I would be more than a little unhappy if I were in your position.

Great post good point.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Well at least you can get more than 1 bundle in your area, i live in New Zealand and We only have a bundle that gives you 5000 crowns and a pet. :( But when the epic bundle (i think it was) came out online it was so awesome :D I recon it would be a great if you could get all of them (or at least some of the new ones) online. Oh and i do agree that U.S.A get it all :?

Adam stormtamer (Diviner 78 ) 8)

Daniel goldenheart (Theurgist 60) 8)

Adam stormstrider (Diviner 15) 8)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Not all of us can find these new bundles, even in the US. I haven't seen either in any of the major retailers where they are supposed to be located. It may be because they are so new. Personally, I think they should not post about them until it has been confirmed that they are indeed in stores everywhere. *shrugs*

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
Pagoda gauntlet bundle is being sold at walmart Look in the back by the computers.
I understand it is also at target.

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Snintyeight wrote:
I'd like to say that my Walmart does not have Pagoda Gauntlet (think I spelled it right) but we do have access to the Hawk Rider Bundle so don't think we get it all and also our GameStop only sells the Epic Bundle and the Mega Bundle and the 10$ and 20$ game cards oh and almost forgot my Walmart only sells 10$ game cards and like I said before the Hawk Rider Bundle so no some places in the U.S.A do not have it all

Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 58 Myth

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
I agree~ I would love nothing more than to get the Avalon-themed bundle (and that gorgeous dragon mount), but it's not available in Canada.

On the advice of Prof. Greyrose, I contacted the card distributor, but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back from them.

Happy day!

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Sojourna wrote:
Snintyeight wrote:

It might be easier if KI sold everything online so that everyone can get to them. Its not easy to hit the stores here either. But I am in the US, I would be more than a little unhappy if I were in your position.

Great post good point.

I actually mentioned that in a post titled "The (new) bundles. Question" or somthing like that.

That post was so unpopular, it remained in the back of the post list for a good while. If KI did read it, then it just may be out of their hands to change the distribution.

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
north america gets it all! at least the maintanence times in canada and US allow you to play on weekdays! where i live, maintanence is 4:00pm to 5:00/6:00pm! thats just insane! not cool, KI. 3:

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
At least you have a chance of getting all the bundles if you live in Canada :) I am in the UK and the only bundles I can buy (and have bought) are the Epic and Mega bundles online. Really loved them both too but would love to buy the Hawk Rider bundle and the Majestic Bundle.

The only way I could buy these at the moment is on ebay.com at a price of $60+ US each, which when you consider they are selling in US stores for £39 is a bit of a hefty price mark up.

I play on the US servers as the game is behind in updates on the international servers (currently just been updated with Zafaria).

Still love playing the game after 4 months, just wish I could buy everything for the game online as I feel disadvantaged living in the UK :P

Defender
May 19, 2012
I think it would be awesome if all the bundles could be purchased online. Transportation is very limited for me as I do not have a car and must rely on the very inconvenient bus system here. One trip to Walmart is an all day excursion on the bus, literally.

I did purchase the Mega and Epic Bundles online, and I found the Hawk pet bundle at Walmart, but they didn't have any other Wizard101 gift cards in stock at the time, though they did have some slots for them. I have no idea what those cards consisted of.

We don't have a Gamestop in our area, and I tried to find the cards at Gamestop's website, but they apparently do not sell the cards online. Toys R Us is much too far away (over an hour drive by car and the bus doesn't go there) and CVS and Rite Aid are much too inconvenient to get to with my limited transportation. I would love to have access to all the bundles as well, and the only way this could happen is if they were sold online.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I would imagine this is because KingsIsle (the company that makes this game) is located in the United States, so they would have a harder time getting these cards to retailers in other countries where the game is available. However they would easily be able to get the cards to American retailers.

Sorry Canadians (and other English speaking countries)!

Defender
Jul 28, 2009
Like Eggywig said It's harder to get these cards to other retail saling conturies so go on Amazon or something or Ebay.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
To my fellow Canadians~ I finally received a reply from the card distributor! Not sure about other countries, but this is the case for us ATM:

"Hi Laura,

My name is Phillip Pidoux-Koronya, I work at InComm to help manage the Wizard 101 cards in Canada.I received your inquiry into the Majestic Bundle cards, I’m sorry to say that we don’t have those available in Canada at this time. Unfortunately I don’t have any news to share as to when the Majestic bundle or other bundle cards would be available in Canada. We’d love to carry them and will be working with Wizard 101 to see if we can change this in the future. Be sure to keep reading the Wizard 101 website, if anything changes that’ll be the first place to hear about it.

Phillip Pidoux-Koronya
Account Manager, Content Products"

-

Perhaps Prof. Greyrose will have something to add to this. ;)

-Laura VB/Shadowsong
"El Veeb"