Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The TC Potent Trap Struggle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
So I’m doing the Azteca crafting quest and the only time item I need is tc potent trap. Why is tc potent trap hard to get? There is a quest in Azteca hat gives 3 but I used them all a long time ago. The only ways to obtain them is Azteca bosses that have a chance to drop them. Why can’t they just be sold somewhere in azteca or whatever? They are very difficult to obtain.

Jason FrostCatcher 123

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I had to farm the heck out of one of the bosses to get them for the craft quest. If all they did was make them tradeable, that would be enough.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Jason thunderstaff on Jun 21, 2018 wrote:
So I’m doing the Azteca crafting quest and the only time item I need is tc potent trap. Why is tc potent trap hard to get? There is a quest in Azteca hat gives 3 but I used them all a long time ago. The only ways to obtain them is Azteca bosses that have a chance to drop them. Why can’t they just be sold somewhere in azteca or whatever? They are very difficult to obtain.

Jason FrostCatcher 123
There is also Gardening and Item-Granting drops for it. See details here:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Potent_Trap

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Right at the beginning of Azteca we get a quest that gives us a reward of 2 alligator pear tree seeds. I used these to get ultra alligator pear trees that drop potent trap. I found it an easy way to make sure all my low level wizards had the potent trap before they got to the crafting quest. The ultra alligators must be gardened on the wizard needing the potent trap as the TC is no trade...the seeds can just be passed through the shared bank though. The drop rate is good and the seeds can be obtained elsewhere other than just that one quest too.

I hope that helps.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
My memory may be faulty but I thought Potent Trap TC were available in the Bazaar.

Steven Ghoststalker

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Area51Alien on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
My memory may be faulty but I thought Potent Trap TC were available in the Bazaar.

Steven Ghoststalker
Potent Trap TC is a NO Trade and NO Auction item.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
DragonLady1818 on Jun 22, 2018 wrote:
Potent Trap TC is a NO Trade and NO Auction item.
OK, so I'm suffering from degrading memory.

8-)

S Gs
(older wizard)