Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Seven Schools

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
Hi, this is Igloogirl3. I have a little quiz for you to answer because I would like to see everyone's opinion about the schools of Ravenwood.

Which is the number one school you see the most?
Which is the school you see the least?
Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why?
Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school? Why?
What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy?
Which school do you think i best for PVP? Why?
Anything else to say?

Thank you if you have decided to take this quiz. I have been finding rumours about all of the schools, like how people are unhappy about Ice and Balance in PVP and how Storm is too powerful...
This is just a curious Pyromancer speaking here!

Thank you,
Igloogirl3

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
Which is the number one school you see the most? Fire
Which is the school you see the least? Myth
Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why? Ice, it has great spells and home to the stun.
Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school? Why?Storm, never really go through without fizzling once every battle.
What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy?Life, Not really
Which school do you think i best for PVP? Why?Ice, highest health and resistance
Anything else to say? Nope

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010
Which is the number one school you see the most life
Which is the school you see the least death
Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why life you can heal everyone in the duel
Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school death because
What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy I was ice and no I was not happy then I switched to life
Which school do you think i best for PVP dose moon spells count because you can you can polymorph into something else so you can beat any duel
Anything else to say nope

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009

I've been playing pretty sporadically for the past few months, but in the entire time I've played I have to say I've seen a lot of Pyromancers and Thaumaturges. I can't really choose which one I've seen more of. Fire and Ice; typical.

Good question...I'm thinking Myth, but I might be biased since I'm not the biggest fan of Myth.

Balance, hands down. I know people say that soloing can be done with any school, but Balance just surpasses all of the schools in my opinion. I don't know if it just suits my combat style (I tend to be a tank in combat, taking great amounts of damage while preparing to execute a deadly hit) or if it was my first school, but I really love Balance and I recommend everyone to get a Sorcerer.

In my opinion...it'd be Life, at least until Lvl. 58. I don't know if it just doesn't suit my combat style, but, although it has good healing spells and a great one-hit wonder, I found and kinda still find it hard to fight on my own and was labeled the healer when playing in groups. Healing is great, but it makes me feel like I'm not doing anything. I welcomed Forest Lord with open arms as soon as I was able to get it, and although I don't care for the monster, Gnomes! will also be a welcome edition to my deck. Without those two spells Life would be left in the dust by the other schools.

Like I said previously, my first wizard was a Sorcerer. At first, I was hating being a Sorcerer, but I got used to it and I love it now.

Which school do you think is best for PVP? Why?

I don't really have an opinion here.

Anything else to say?

Nope.

Survivor
Sep 12, 2011

Which School do you see least? Probably Balance...

Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why? Hmm, tricky... Life? Probably because you get picked to do things like the waterworks more often as you can heal ;)

Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school? Why? Omg this is really tricky!! I love them all equally! Hmm, i will go for Storm... dont get me wrong, I LOVE the power of it, but seriously? Fizzle fizzle fizzle!

What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy? Storm, No,
Ugh like above it fizzles wayyyy to often!

Which school do you think is best for PVP? Why? Ice, resistance is amazing, and so is the attacks and health xD

Anything else to say? Yes, MYTH IS AWESOME!! :D

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
There isn't one best, or one worst. It depends on your style, how you want to play, if you are working alone or with others. A lot comes down to skill. Players who make good plans, have the right deck set up, and use gear and pets well will be stronger than those who don't, no matter what the school.

I have storm/death, ice/death/life, balance/storm, life/fire, and myth/fire/life. I love them all, but play them very differently.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
1) most popular school---fire or ice, alot of them around.
2) least popular--i don't see alot of myth
3) best school--Balance, a jack of all trades plus the nearly unstoppable spell judgment and a poweredup hydra is no slouch either
4) weakest school---life due to lack of attack spells or storm because of the fizzling
5) my 1st wizard--ice and i was happy to a point. it had tons of health but as i became more experianced player the lack of options to increase the power pips so i could cast the stronger spells was driving me nuts.
6) best for pvp--whatever school you are best with. i rarely ever play pvp

At some point try all the schools, they all play diffrantly

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Hi, this is Igloogirl3. I have a little quiz for you to answer because I would like to see everyone's opinion about the schools of Ravenwood.

Anything else to say?

Thank you if you have decided to take this quiz. I have been finding rumours about all of the schools, like how people are unhappy about Ice and Balance in PVP and how Storm is too powerful...

Thank you,
Igloogirl3

1. Tie.. Storm and Fire
2. Myth
3. Three way tie- Storm (strength), Death (Self healing), and Balance.
4. Weakest school I am undecided on. It used to be Life because they didn't have any really strong attacks (I have a Life Legend too, so I know!) but now I'm not so sure. With shields and the astral spells anyone can be strong, so school doesn't really influence this much for me.
5. My first wizard is a Legendary Necromancer named Moira Stormgiver and yes, we are very happy. :D
6. Storm or Balance.
7. I have way too much to say for this thread! LOL!

Survivor
Nov 28, 2010

Umm, I would have to say Storm and Death. Occasionally I see lots of Ice or Fire

That would definetly be Myth. I think I have only seen around 5 Myth wizards the whole time of playing this game, really, really little. I only had 1 Myth friend on my whole friend list...

Hmm... This is a tricky question. It would depend what your secondary school is and what your strategies of playing are. A combination of Storm primary and Life secondary, I think, would rule the game. The strongest spells in the game plus healing? That would be amazing. I am Storm and Death, so that is not a bad combination either, but I find I rarely use my death spells, not even on Storm bosses. Though, If you go with Life as a primary, it would still work out, but you wouldn't have gear that increases the accuracy rate for Storm, and trust me, that would be a problem. Just remember, If you choose Storm, you will have very low health and not be able to withstand many hard attacks. There have been many posts for hte new world that Storm wizards are still in the 2,000s for health, while others are at around 4,000.

Hmm... Well I wouldn't say there is any "weakest" school, since every school has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Overall, I think that Myth would be the weakest school, mainly because I have not seen Myth wizards in action, and their strenghts in battle. I know they have many minions, but I'm not sure if those are a help or not.

My first wizard school was Storm. I have another life wizard, but he is below level 10, and I started him recently. I was pretty happy with my school, more so towards the middle/end. In the beginning of Storm, there are many more fizzles because the gear with the good stats is not there. I recommend using the accuracy spell that you get at level 1 or 2 more often, it really helps. I still use it at level 54. In the middle, I was very happy, because I was able to take out enemies very quickly and still have decent health left. Ever since I started Celestia though, I am getting really fustrated about such low health, since I am always dying in boss battles, especially because many monsters are Storm there.

I would say Balance or Life. Balance has the ability to equip all teammates, including themselves and enemies with many boosts that work for multiple schools, resulting in high attack numbers. Life has the ability to heal all teammates in PVP, and has a hard attack when you get to level 58 (Forest Lord). Although all schools would work in PVP because of Moon Spells (Polymorphs into other schools), as metioned before by someone else.

Anything else to say?

Just wanted to let you know about all the strenghts and weaknesses of the schools:

Ice:
+ High health and many blocks/stuns
- Very low damage amounts

Fire:
+ Able to do over time damage/overlap spell damage to do more.
- Takes longer to defeat enemies

Storm:
+ Amazing attacks with lots of damage
- Very low health and accuracu (accuracy can be fixed by gear and charms)

Death:
+ Able to attack and heal at same time
- Very little spells that attack all enemies

Life:
+ Lots of healing/high health
- Low damage amounts

Myth:
+ Lots of minions to help you out in solo battles
- Too many single attack spells at higher levels/weak all enemy attack spells

Balance:
+ Able to put many more boosts than other schools
- All the boosts result in fewer attack spells

Hope this helps you out!

Benjamin Frostblood
Level 54 Diviner
Celestia (really wanna do Wintertusk instead, almost done Grizzleheim)

"You try, you fail. You try, you fail. You try, you fail. Your actual failure comes when you stop trying."

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Anything else to say?

Thank you,
Igloogirl3

Fire Or Storm ( More Storm now than I used to see Fire In a while)

Myth

Balance, Has many traps and blades and I THINK it has a healing spell, if it doesn't have a healing spell, then I know that myth does. One or the other or both. Also Death because of Scarecrow.

Ice, Low attack?

Ice, I get bored of things easily, so I made a life one, I do not want to delete my life one, so I just keep switching my secondary like CRAZY!

PvP Single = Balance

Team of 2 = Life Storm

Team of 3 = Life Storm Balance

Team of 4 = Life Storm Balance Myth

These are my favorite schools in order officially =

Life , Balance , Death , Myth , Storm , Ice , Fire

Best 3 Cards For Each

Life = The Tree Of Life Thingy , Forest Lord , Life Blade

Balance = One That Is 20% To All Friends , Hydra , The One That Is Randomly Fire Ice Or Storm

Death = Scarecrow , Feint , The Katezienes Monster

Myth = The healing spell if there is one , Earthquake , Medusa Maybe

Storm = Zeus , The New Mermaid One , The One Before That, Lol

Ice = Tower Shield , The Mammoth new one , Blizzard

Fire = The One That Heals , The Dragon Thingy , The Volcano New One

Hope this helped :-)

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
It actually really makes me mad that people say that life is the weakest, and to be honest ALWAYS make fun of it because it is so weak. If you went into the life school and then the ice school, you will see that MOST of the life spells are either almost equal, or more attack than ice.

People say that they feel like the waste their time while healing, you don't obviously. You would be dead if you didn't heal... Of course the attack of life spells needs to be weaker due to healing. But compared to ice, balance, myth, death, and some other spells in other schools, life is the best over all for a fact.

It has high healing which other schools can get, but there is also some life spells that only main life wizards can get and those heal amazingly. Although death can heal too, ever noticed how low the health and attack is, and how many pips those spells cost for the low attack and health?

Life is arguably the best school. Behind it is

Balance
Death
Myth
Storm
Fire
Ice

I know you are going to Argue at the Ice in last fact, but it has amazingly low attack so it gets nowhere and takes forever in battle which is a big turn down.
I know that it has tower shield, but you can only have a limited number of those in your deck, and after a while the high attacks from other people will kill you. If you toghether slow battles, and low attack and tower shield you can see that after a long while people can kill you by you not kiling them ANY time soon and you use all your turns on shields so the enemy's health will not drop anytime soon, the enemy repeditely dishes out attacks even though they are low because of the shield after a while it can wipe you out, I know ice has good health but like I said after a while it can wipe you out.

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
Which is the number one school you see the most? Life, it's gone crazy!
Which is the school you see the least? Fire, although it's my Legendary's class, I only know 3 Pyromancers. Me, Savannah, and Noah.
Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why? Fire, it is strong and balanced.
Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school? Why? Honestly, with the release of Celestia, I have NO idea. That release, boosted my choice up to one of the most powerful with Skeletal Dragon.
What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy? Fire, Listed above.
Which school do you think is best for PVP? Why? Hmmm.... Let me think..... Hmmm.... Uh..... (5 minutes later) I think..... Ice...... But I rarely do PvP.
Anything else to say? Nuuu!

See you in Zafaria!

Explorer
Dec 10, 2008
How dare you people say storm is the weakest! Oh and for those of you who say omg storm, fizzle fizzle fizzle, take into account what other wizards have. Like me, a level 58 storm wizard. I have 97% storm accuracy. And i have 3378 health. So dont you say storm is the weakest. In my opinion ice or life is the weakest. I just plain hate balance.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
Igloogirl3 wrote:

Anything else to say?

Thank you,
Igloogirl3

1. ICE
2. death
3. Ice because of resist, health and average amount of targetting and with a myth mastery you can own anybody.
4. Most would say life but i am life and i kill storms easy as 1,2,3 so i say storm and i suck at 1v1.....
5. Myth but i only had it for to days because i became very annoyed with it but i am not saying its a bad school so my first technical school would be life and i am very happy with it
6. Well since your new at this i would probably say ice because its so easy to be ice. All you have to do is put up a fortify blade up and kill. The only ones that can stop ya is earthquake and thats only one school.
Extras: Um good strategy is to fake your enemy out. Make them think something and then go and do the exact opposite and play defense all the time. Always keep a storm and tower shields in your deck and a few myth dispels and your set.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2010
1. Actually its mainly storm and fire.
2. Death/Myth
3. I would say Death for soloing. It takes time to do the mob quests but you can really do any boss battle.
4. Life until lvl 58, after that myth for lack of good AOE though a gargantuan humongofrog is strong.
5.Ice, I got to lvl 6 with it. That should say it all
6. Currentlly Myth. Basilisk is a beast.
7. I LOVE STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Life
Myth
There are no best schools
No weakest school
Balance. Loved it.
It all depends on your strategy.
Nothing else to say.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
1. Tough question, though the majority of my friends are death. I also see a lot of Thaumaturges and fellow Diviners.

2. I must say, Theurgists are few and far between these days from what I
can see.

3. In my opinion, Storm is probably the most fun to play. Sure you fizzle a lot at first, but as you progress you get better accuracy from gear. As for most tactically efficient, there really isn't one. It's not the school, it's the wizard.

4. As previously said, it's not the school, it's the wizard, but Ice is the least attuned to my playing style lol, I'm a fast battler, not a survivalist.

5. Ah, a trip down memory lane. My very first wizard was a Pyromancer. Was I happy? Well, I enjoyed playing Fire, but Storm was my secondary school and I loved it. So when a friend challenged me to make a new wiz and get it to Grandmaster first (this was before Celestia), I won and went full time Diviner.

6. Once again, it's not the school, it's the strategy, but the school I have a heck of a time fighting in 1v1 is Ice. Their resist makes my attacks slide off them like their, well, made of ice lol. And their health makes what small damage I can land useless.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Survivor
Nov 19, 2009
Which is the school you see the least? Myth
Which, in your opinion, is the best school? Why? There isn't one. All schools are great at different things.
Which, in your opinion, is the weakest school? Why? Personally I think ice is because it has the least attack power.
What was your first ever wizard school, and were you happy? Myth was my first wizard and I really liked it. I have gotten him up to level 62.
Which school do you think i best for PVP? Why? For 1v1 it's Myth and ice. For 2v2 it's storm, life and ice. For 3v3 and 4v4 it's every one except Myth.
Anything else to say? NO

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
EvanJadepetal wrote:
It actually really makes me mad that people say that life is the weakest, and to be honest ALWAYS make fun of it because it is so weak. If you went into the life school and then the ice school, you will see that MOST of the life spells are either almost equal, or more attack than ice.

People say that they feel like the waste their time while healing, you don't obviously. You would be dead if you didn't heal... Of course the attack of life spells needs to be weaker due to healing. But compared to ice, balance, myth, death, and some other spells in other schools, life is the best over all for a fact.

It has high healing which other schools can get, but there is also some life spells that only main life wizards can get and those heal amazingly. Although death can heal too, ever noticed how low the health and attack is, and how many pips those spells cost for the low attack and health?

Life is arguably the best school. Behind it is

Balance
Death
Myth
Storm
Fire
Ice

I know you are going to Argue at the Ice in last fact, but it has amazingly low attack so it gets nowhere and takes forever in battle which is a big turn down.
I know that it has tower shield, but you can only have a limited number of those in your deck, and after a while the high attacks from other people will kill you. If you toghether slow battles, and low attack and tower shield you can see that after a long while people can kill you by you not kiling them ANY time soon and you use all your turns on shields so the enemy's health will not drop anytime soon, the enemy repeditely dishes out attacks even though they are low because of the shield after a while it can wipe you out, I know ice has good health but like I said after a while it can wipe you out.

I am bias for Life being the best because it was my first wizard and I think I have nailed it, I did not make any more wizards until she was ledgendary so spent a lot of time with life school. My friends don't ask me for help to life them they ask me to come kill it. I am so multi purpose, I can keep the quester alive and kill what ever they are fighting. I carry two sprites, one satyr and one rebirth in my deck and never needed more. I trained to Feint because prior to Forest Lord it made boss battles move along faster and have the balance blade, I can pack quite a punch when needed.