Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Reporting System

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hello Wizard101 players!
Today I have a question about the Reporting system. Yesterday I saw a guy in the Hatchery asking for a Wyvern treasure pack in exchange for a Legendary treasure card. He asked me, too. Now everyone has gone through this, and i knew he was lying. So I gave him the 3 reasons why I won't do it.
1. I don't want to.
2. He is not going to give me the card anyway.
3. I am not a Crowns player.
So I tried to report him. Now I have 2 questions about this.
1. Is this a Reportable Offense? I did read the post about what was a reportable offense, but it was a little vauge about this. They said it wasn't a reportable offense, but were they talking about "scamming", when people try to make you gift them a pack and not offering anything in return, or were they talking about my scenario?
2. If it is a reportable offense, what should I type in? I put down "scamming", although I know that will be unaccepted by KI. But really, what could I type in to describe my scenario? I could hardly put "this person is saying he will gift someone else a treasure card if they will gift him a Wyvern pack." There isn't enough spaces!
If KI or anyone else has an answer to these 2 questions, please reply, I would like to do my part to make Wizard101 a fun place for everyone!
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)
P.S. Forgive me for any spelling mistakes I made in my post.

Administrator
Your answer, along with many others, is in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Message Boards.

What is Considered a Reportable Offense?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
That's NOT a reportable offense.

Even in real life, you cannot send someone to jail for something they haven't committed yet. How do you know that person wasn't going to be true and give the treasure card ?????

Even if they weren't true to their word, it's scamming and KI has made that clear it is NOT a reportable offense. Scamming just doesn't have to be crowns for nothing, MOST times it is crowns items for treasure cards, since no one will fall for just simply free crowns gifting. It's unfortunate, but the ownership is on BOTH wizards that accept the trade.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Your answer, along with many others, is in the Frequently Asked Questions section of the Message Boards.

What is Considered a Reportable Offense?
We appreciate that our players want to make Wizard City the best it can be, and we've placed the tools in your hand to report players for inappropriate behavior. We ask that you use the reporting feature to identify truly egregious behavior, such as creative profanity (swearing around the filters), solicitation of usernames/passwords, predatory threats, racist comments and other such actions as outlined in the Terms of Use. The old story of “the kid that cried wolf” has a lot of bearing in this situation and we trust that all reports received by players are valid and require support intervention.

What is NOT considered a Reportable Offense?
Because false reporting can be construed and/or used as harassment of other players, we’d like to take a moment to ensure you are aware of what does NOT fall under the category of a reportable offense:

“S/he falsely reported me” or reporting someone for false reporting (2 wrongs don’t make a right)

“Won’t leave my house” (pick your friends wisely and avail yourself of the non-porting option)

“Being rude” (We’re sorry, we can’t enforce good manners. Use the ignore button liberally &/or change realms. It’s wholly up to you to choose to stay around someone that’s not nice to you.)

“Chain Stunning” (admittedly, it’s not much fun for the receiving team, but it’s not a violation of the game rules).

“Scamming” (Be sensible young Wizards, and ask yourselves if this person is really going to give you an item worth $30 of real money just for a few free Treasure Cards - the answer is, no, they're not. They're going to take your Treasure Cards and disappear. It's not a very nice thing to do, but all trades must be agreed upon by both parties. If the trade sounds too good to be true, it probably is, so don't accept the trade. )

“Spamming” (Although the Terms of Use mention spamming, it’s related to email/web posts. Yeah, it’s annoying in game and never of profound statement. Refer to “Being Rude”).

About what I underlined, I have some issues about it not being a reportable offense.
Now I will agree that the trade must be agreed on by both parties, I get that. However there are some issues with this.

You have to understand that there are younger kids playing this game, and they might not know that they're falling for a scam. They might think that what the scammer is saying is true, and then proceed to give them what the scammer asks for without knowing what they're really gonna do.

I know that I personally fell for this back when I was starting out playing this game. I traded a tough card for what I thought was gonna be a code; I found out later that he lied because he whispered to me "not". He then proceeded to continue to say "treasure cards for codes", so I said "don't fall for it, he's lying" and one other person said "ok".

Basically what I'm saying is that some people might not know that they're being scammed until it's too late, and not everyone reads the message boards either, which only makes the situation even worse.

Because of this, I feel that this should be considered a reportable offense again.

Thank you for your time.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
KI just needs to make begging for crowns or items from the crow shop an offense. PERIOD.

There is no real reason for it and it teaches children bad manners.

After all KI says you have to earn everything in the game this is why they don't let you trade! Well then they need to enforce their own rule and stop the begging once and for all. Everyone except the beggers would love you for it!

People begging didn't earn it.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010

The very first time I got reported, I was somewhat upset to say the least. I then re-read the section about reporting in the players guide and was relieved to see that everything ( and I mean everything) is read in the chat window before and after the report was made.

The second time one of my wizards on my other account was reproted, I wasn't concerned. My offense (in his mind) was that I refused to be his gf. When I told him I wouldn't because I'm an adult and married irl, he reported me. Irritating, but it happens, I guess.