Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Old Critical/Block System

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2015
In my opinion at least, the old crit and block system was better than the current one. The current system feels more random, and I personally just enjoyed the old system better.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like the 'new' change (I say new, but it was introduced at the beginning of Polaris.)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
GeneralGames on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion at least, the old crit and block system was better than the current one. The current system feels more random, and I personally just enjoyed the old system better.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that doesn't like the 'new' change (I say new, but it was introduced at the beginning of Polaris.)
it's not just you; there are tons of people who hate the new crit/block system, and i am one of them.

i block nothing now; my stats have been nerfed by more than half, and will only get worse. remember when leveling up was something to get excited about? well, that's a thing of the distant past. now we're punished for leveling up via stat decay, with no real way to compensate for it.

if it was "never supposed to work that way", as mods have stated, then it should have been fixed straight outta the gate and not 50+ levels later.

-von

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
GeneralGames on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:

I don't know anyone that likes this "new" Critical/Block System. No One!

If you do, please feel free to Holla and let us know why.

Otherwise, I am still failing to see how this new system makes any sense. As Sir Von mentioned, he blocks nothing, neither does any of my wizards. When Mobs critical, I know I won't block so I don't even bother hoping to, I instead ensure I've enough defenses to survive the critical hit.

The old one was a lot more efficient, at least we had a chance to block!

But now?

You probably have better chances earning Free Crowns or Getting a desired spell from Loremaster than blocking.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Do you think we'll see another update on this though?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Star Edward on Dec 19, 2016 wrote:
I don't know anyone that likes this "new" Critical/Block System. No One!

If you do, please feel free to Holla and let us know why.

Otherwise, I am still failing to see how this new system makes any sense. As Sir Von mentioned, he blocks nothing, neither does any of my wizards. When Mobs critical, I know I won't block so I don't even bother hoping to, I instead ensure I've enough defenses to survive the critical hit.

The old one was a lot more efficient, at least we had a chance to block!

But now?

You probably have better chances earning Free Crowns or Getting a desired spell from Loremaster than blocking.

yes, our pre-nerf stats were what was needed at this level, in order to survive.

sure, i hate darkmoor and will never go back there again (despite wanting to love it, because malistaire and dragons), but i can't imagine that a wizard going in there with only ww or kh crafted gear is gonna have a good time.

(i swear, boss and mob critical/block is unchanged, and it's only our stats that were nerfed.)

i don't bother hoping for block either. but i don't have time to farm (since i only play during school breaks- overworked college student here) and carrying around 5 sets of gear is terribly impractical, since it takes up backpack space i'd rather use for other things.

...and i never got a single spell drop from loremaster in the 2 years i farmed her, so.
-von