Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The New and (Un-)Improved Wild Bolt!

2
AuthorMessage
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
403
Look KI, PvP is useless..... Dont go changing spells becuase of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
152
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:

most all of the 28% who said they were for the new wild bolt weren't even storm players...


Are you saying that only storm players should get a vote?


I uderstand both ur points, as I hav been a wildbolter and the victem, on seasnake's side, it is our spell, on ur side, it wuldnt be fair to only let us vote. I say change it back, and put an accuracy cap.

Amber Stormsong magus diviner (I want my wild bolt bac :( )

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
miker01 wrote:
I like the new wild bolt because it makes sense to do that much damage because it is a two pip spell and it shouldn't do 1,000 damage every time it is cast.However,I hate how enemies have a high chance of hitting 1,000 damage.
Michael Sprite Shard lvl 50 and soon to be lvl 51 Grandmaster Pyromancer Master Of Fire


While that's true, you're spending 2 pips on an attack that's pretty much a ripoff 66.6% of the time (or so it's implied). You get Wild Bolt at the end of the main storyline of Marleybone, but by then the attack is obsolete. You can deal 10 or 100 with 1 pip or most likely less by the time you finish Marleybone, and maybe it's just me, but I'm not much of a gambler especially when the chance of the attack going in my favor is pretty slim. Plus, even though the accuracy boost would've made the Wild Bolt's accuracy closer to 70%, Diviners you know that doesn't matter. Storm's average accuracy is 70%, and we still manage to fizzle every five seconds, twice in a row most of the time. Even if someone decided to practice Sun magic for Unstoppable, it would take ridiculously long, and by then Wild Bolt would just be a garden variety spell compared to the others in your deck and it wouldn't even be worth it anymore. Hopefully that made sense lol.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
Look KI, PvP is useless..... Dont go changing spells becuase of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Exactly my thoughts on the matter, but I've definitely been swayed to realize the old Wild Bolt wasn't so much better.

Survivor
Aug 01, 2010
30
I totally dislike the new bolt. I was fighting glaucon in celestia and I only had 456 health and my only spell was bolt. With all my hopes I wanted to cast a 1000 hit, but I casted a 14 hit. I was so disappointed. :x

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
What really gets me is the fact that (factoring in Accuracy) the new version of WildBolt has a - get this - TWENTY-THREE POINT THREE REPEATING chance of hitting 1000.

Yup. You read that correctly. The new version has a 30% chance of fizzling and a 23.33% chance of actually hitting at a level one would expect of Storm. It won't help the argument, but that technically is a higher chance of hitting 1000. The reason the new version sucks, given this, is the 46.66% chance of two Pips being practically wasted with a paltry 10 or 100 Damage.

Also, KingsIsle's little survey showed that players who "hated" the change outnumbered those who "liked" the change by a margin of approximately two to one. And yet, some figure of power in KingsIsle decided to throw that out and change the Spell anyway. That's another reason that the change is a bad one: it betrayed the trust of players. If KingsIsle can just throw out poll results that oppose what they do, how else can they turn a deaf ear? It's worth noting that the amount of people who complained about Enchanted Treasure Cards in general before KingsIsle banned their Trade was zero, zilch, null, nada.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2009
66
the new wild bolt is AWFUL! :( I miss the old wild bolt, it was my fave spell. With my accuracy boosting gear, it worked most of the time and I used it as my kill spell on all the bosses. NOW IT CAN'T EVEN KILL A LOST SOUL!

Explorer
Jun 03, 2009
77
Never mind my old post,I do not like the new wild bolt.The first time I battled a myth enemy in mooshu with my storm wizard,my wild bolt did 14 damage which is horrible.I think KI should change wild bolt back.I had a hard enough time getting through marleybone just for a 2 pip spell that hits 10 damage almost all the time.
Michael ThunderStaff lvl 32 Magus Diviner

Survivor
May 04, 2009
14
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't even know if this will make the topics list, but I have to try:

Is there anyone who is actually in favor of the new Wild Bolt?

If you comment saying you're in favor of the new Wild Bolt, please state your reasoning. Also, let me be clear: I DO NOT WANT TO SEE "I like the new Wild Bolt because I have an easier time in PvP" ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD. However, if there's more than one reason you like the new Wild Bolt including a reason having to do with PvP, please say so. Although posts on why you're not in favor of the new Wild Bolt are welcomed, this is not the main focus of this thread.


Yes, "I like the new Wild Bolt because I have an easier time in PvP". Said simply to irritate you. Thanks for making it easy.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
sashaison wrote:
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I don't even know if this will make the topics list, but I have to try:

Is there anyone who is actually in favor of the new Wild Bolt?

If you comment saying you're in favor of the new Wild Bolt, please state your reasoning. Also, let me be clear: I DO NOT WANT TO SEE "I like the new Wild Bolt because I have an easier time in PvP" ANYWHERE IN THIS THREAD. However, if there's more than one reason you like the new Wild Bolt including a reason having to do with PvP, please say so. Although posts on why you're not in favor of the new Wild Bolt are welcomed, this is not the main focus of this thread.


Yes, "I like the new Wild Bolt because I have an easier time in PvP". Said simply to irritate you. Thanks for making it easy.


Wow, so much fail. It's like a car accident: horrible, but I can't look away.

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
180
The weakened Wild Bolt is a let-down, but still somewhat reliable. I've seen it hit the 1000 more often than I thought it would.

My only beef with the new version of the spell, was the low accuracy was actually a saving grace compared to the handicap the spell has now.

If one used Wild Bolt before, it would just miss. However, now it can hit for 10 or 100 damage, using up valuable Feints and blades in the process. It's now more reserved for times when you want to break a shield or something, I figure. Although I've tried Storm a few times, this spell almost never crosses my mind anyway. I'm just thinking of the MASSIVE Stormzilla and Tempest power.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2009
37
I really think that it helps.

with so much more acc.,it has about a 33.333333333333...% percent hit of 100,WITH ALL THAT ACC.
i used invisible text.

highlight it with the mouse.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
48
SoxKid wrote:
all those storm wizards out there need to stop whinning. you are the only ones complaining. i mean you didnt hear us fire wizards complain when they added FOUR stun block shields for a stun, and i didnt chain stun, but all you people who were being chained kept complaining about it. same this with wild bolt so you'll just have to deal with it, its not gonna change.


It's a fact of game life: if something is powerful, the people on the bad end of it will complain until it gets changed. After that, the people who were on the good end of it complain.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
48
The wild bolt update is actually ok. With the insane clothing boosts, critical hits, astral spells, and other stuff, wild bolt still works. I realized this after taking over 2000 with a gargantuan critical meteor. It only had a fire blade and an amplify, but quadrupled the damage.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Akiyamakun wrote:
The wild bolt update is actually ok. With the insane clothing boosts, critical hits, astral spells, and other stuff, wild bolt still works. I realized this after taking over 2000 with a gargantuan critical meteor. It only had a fire blade and an amplify, but quadrupled the damage.


For equipment boosts to actually be relevant in the Wild Bolt spell, you'd need to wear equipment that only provide attack boost, which isn't the best idea. Critical hits aren't that reliable since they don't happen often, or at least not in the cases I've seen. Finally, to be honest the astral spells and treasures should be left out of the equation because the ones that mainly need a strong spell like the old Wild Bolt are wizards that have no access to astral spells, and treasure cards, as well as astral spells, are just a hypothetical aspect of the PvE combat as far as I'm concerned. For once, let's just assume the average player doesn't carry Amplify and Feint treasure cards; what then? Even if the average player was carrying those cards and used them for Wild Bolt, hoping it would strike hard and then it deals 10, he/she pretty much wasted those spells. Anyway you try to spin it, the Wild Bolt is just not good.

2