Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Most Strategic Way to Beat Worlds

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
In my opinion, the best way to beat worlds is do every single quest, side quests and all. That way you earn almost every badge and get all of the stuff. Who agrees?

Marissa BattleFlame
Level 18
Journeyman Theurgist

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
thefriendlytheurgi... on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:
In my opinion, the best way to beat worlds is do every single quest, side quests and all. That way you earn almost every badge and get all of the stuff. Who agrees?

Marissa BattleFlame
Level 18
Journeyman Theurgist
Badges don't matter at all. "Stuff" does but aside from some of the gear, that has nothing to do with 'beating' the various worlds. Experience, strength, accuracy, knowing the little nuances of your school, and time do make a difference.

I don't do every single side quest; I am selective in the ones I chose to do, and will go back and do some at a later date.

I do think it's a mistake to do no side quests at all though. :)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I think side quests are necessary honestly Its good to do them so you can level up more quickly and gain higher stats, that way you will be more then prepared to do worlds Good luck everyone!!!

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RavenLady777 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:
Badges don't matter at all. "Stuff" does but aside from some of the gear, that has nothing to do with 'beating' the various worlds. Experience, strength, accuracy, knowing the little nuances of your school, and time do make a difference.

I don't do every single side quest; I am selective in the ones I chose to do, and will go back and do some at a later date.

Badges sometimes do matter in the showing off purpose. But I get what you mean. And yes, doing side quests can be rewardful for some extra Training Points.

Explorer
Feb 27, 2011
I like it. I make sure I do all the quests in my book on that world until I move on. Even the ones Zeke gives me. When I finished Dragonspyre, I had to go back to the Crown of Fire to get the Stone Rose. I hate having to find stuff in dungeons!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
RavenLady777 on Mar 22, 2013 wrote:

I think it depends on the person individually if the badges matter. Because to some people the world is not beaten until everything is completed in that world and some badges you can only get by defeating a # of certain mobs in a certain world.

As for the OP's statement i kind of agree that it is very nice when you dont have to backtrack into an old world to complete things. Its nice to just be done.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Altho in the upper worlds and with certain optional instances (BriskBreeze, MarleyBone Warehouse and Helephant Tower) I do skip but by and large I do like to do every single quest in a world.

I like to be a little higher level then normal to enter new worlds it seems to make them go better for me and I also judge the world by the gear I can either get just in it or soon after entering it that will help me also.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
No doubt, Do what the game tells you to do....It really helps out!

AlyssaDarkHeart,Level 28

Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I finish all quests then move on and try to hunt for loot on the street battles. I target the schools I have the advantage over.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2012
thefriendlytheurgi... on Mar 21, 2013 wrote:

Marissa BattleFlame
Level 18
Journeyman Theurgist
I sort of agree. Badges dont really matter to me... Although I don't do ALL, I do like 3 quarters. I made an ice char to test out what its like doing all the side quests. Now everything is so easy for him. Although, he is still level 32 on Knight's Court of Marleybone...

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
I say that you finish the weakest world first. then, do asmany of the side quests as you can, that way you get xp that coud come in handy(like when dueling your own school).the ngo to the story.

Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
That first post from me was back, like, right when I finished WC. Now that I have been through Krokotopia, and they have so many side quests, I have gone for a different strategy. Now, I just do storyline quests, and will go back for side quests at a higher level.

Marissa BattleFlame
Adept Theurgist

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Talk to everyone FIRST, before getting in battles. Side quests often rely on D & C of the same mobs you are D & C'ing for a storyline quest. For instance, talk to all four of the Krokotopia Palace of Fire sentries before fighting, because three of them want you to defeat a number of Flame Guardians. If you officially "have" all their quests in your to-do queue when you start fighting, you will get credit towards all of them.

This saves you hours and hours of time spent going back and grinding through the same mob pool again and again.

It means you should at least go talk to the central figure in the side quest line. So, for example, in Wysteria if a side quest pops up that says "go talk to Verne in Pegasus Place" you should find out if he needs you to kill any Wood Goblins because you already have to churn through some for Private O'Hare and for Headmistress Crisp. (As it turns out sometimes you can only get the side quest opener AFTER you've already had to defeat a number of the target mob - such is life.)

The exception is bosses, which you can put off until almost the end, and spell-granting quests, which you should do ASAP so you have more spells to work with.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I suppose it really depends on what you consider "Beating Worlds".

- If you are trying to get through with the greatest ease, then doing every possible quest and getting every possible XP is the way to go. This makes the game much easier, but may take more time. Battles and quests are much easier when you are a higher level with better gear. Using this approach gear from drops will always be useless compared to what you can get from bazaar (except a very few exceptions) .

- If you are trying to maximize XP and level up fast, its faster to advance as fast as possible. As you progress through the spiral you get much more XP per quest, leveling you up faster. (example side quests in Krokotopia give peanuts for XP compared to Celestia.). This can become difficult though, resulting in being underpowered.

- If you are trying to get to the next world ASAP then the most direct approach (ie: main quest) is the best. Having a higher level wizard help you, purchasing crown gear and henchmen will help you do this quicker. This can also result in being underpowered.

- If you are trying to get the best possible drops (gear, pets, etc.) its much more effecient to finish a world and then return later when you are overpowered. Farming bosses is much easier if you are overpowered. Remember however that gear from drops becomes outdated pretty fast as you level up.

- Having fun, well then you just cruise around helping others and have a good time.