Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Life School STINKS!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2013
I have no words to express my disappointment towards the Rasputin Robe change for life. Why that was the only piece of gear to be changed, I do not know. Life was already a horrible school to begin with. Kingsisle continuously fails to provide the life school with useful and powerful attack spells. Everyone says, "Life isn't supposed to have powerful attack spells, you're supposed to heal" OK, so if that is true, why was the Rasputin Robe changed? In regular attack gear, Heals do almost nothing in PVP battle and PVE battle, effectively being useless to the party or team, whilst on the flip side, Life's ability to deal high damage to opponents and enemies is significantly lower than the other schools including ice. And then, the worst part, Jade gear. Why was it not touched upon? Originally it was meant to be for the life school, you can tell. SO why not make Jade gear a life only set? I'm confused, What in the game is life actually supposed to be good for? You don't want us to heal or attack, anything new we get that's considered "overpowered" is immediately changed. I'm inclined to quit the game, because Life was my favorite school, after losing my first account, I put a lot of effort into my Life wizard only to be disappointed at every turn. No other changes are made to any of the other schools just fyi. Loremaster, unchanged. Glowbug Squall (can now deal 3000 damage AND remove all blades due to High damage and High pierce given to storms), unchanged. Smoke screen (able to be stacked), unchanged. Supernova (effectively prevents opponents from using auras against balance), unchanged. Ice has 7k health, 60% universal resist, and is able to achieve 90-100% damage? The list goes on.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Well life is supposed to heal but it is by no means useless when it doesn't heal. I've seen life wizards completely one shot high powered bosses. Maybe life just isn't your school that fulfills your style

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
johnsilver101 on Dec 1, 2016 wrote:
I have no words to express my disappointment towards the Rasputin Robe change for life. Why that was the only piece of gear to be changed, I do not know. Life was already a horrible school to begin with. Kingsisle continuously fails to provide the life school with useful and powerful attack spells. Everyone says, "Life isn't supposed to have powerful attack spells, you're supposed to heal" OK, so if that is true, why was the Rasputin Robe changed? In regular attack gear, Heals do almost nothing in PVP battle and PVE battle, effectively being useless to the party or team, whilst on the flip side, Life's ability to deal high damage to opponents and enemies is significantly lower than the other schools including ice. And then, the worst part, Jade gear. Why was it not touched upon? Originally it was meant to be for the life school, you can tell. SO why not make Jade gear a life only set? I'm confused, What in the game is life actually supposed to be good for? You don't want us to heal or attack, anything new we get that's considered "overpowered" is immediately changed. I'm inclined to quit the game, because Life was my favorite school, after losing my first account, I put a lot of effort into my Life wizard only to be disappointed at every turn. No other changes are made to any of the other schools just fyi. Loremaster, unchanged. Glowbug Squall (can now deal 3000 damage AND remove all blades due to High damage and High pierce given to storms), unchanged. Smoke screen (able to be stacked), unchanged. Supernova (effectively prevents opponents from using auras against balance), unchanged. Ice has 7k health, 60% universal resist, and is able to achieve 90-100% damage? The list goes on.
I don't know what you expect from a life wizard but it's not created to be a power hitter like storm, ice and fire. It's main purpose is to give a sustain life through healing with some attack spells to help others win battles.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Yeah totally was going to farm the Raspy robe but now I have to settle with Zeus's War Eagle Raiment.