Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The irony of being the game's "tank"

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
seasnake wrote:
Ice is the school that is most likely to survive large attack hits. That does not necessarily make it the best overall tank in the game.


You get no argument from me there. It ties in perfectly with what I'm talking about. Ice is the only school whose stated focus is defense. Since that focus certainly isn't apparent in the spell book, it was obviously through global resist on your gear. Life and death for instance... they have a number of either healing or health stealing spells (a lot more than ice's "defensive" set) and a lot of spells that support those. Life even gets a special guiding light spell to support its main focus.

With the exception of ice, each school has a spell set that makes the focus clear and has lots of support spells geared toward helping that focus. Now, I know that the ice armor and frozen armor were supposed to be Ice's "special focus" spells.... but they suck, and almost everyone knows that. I mean think about it, the extent of Ice's "defensive" spell set pre-wintertusk was tower shield and ice armor. Ice armor may be the number one candidate for the most useless spell of all time.

I don't begrudge the other schools global resist. I crafted the heck out of the level 56 gear for all my other wizards and I have to say that almost everything is a breeze now (will be even moreso once I get the full set of waterworks gear for each). I am simply disappointed with Ice because KI never really put much into showcasing "defense" in their spell book and instead chose to differentiate them with global resist.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:
Ice is the school that is most likely to survive large attack hits. That does not necessarily make it the best overall tank in the game.


You get no argument from me there. It ties in perfectly with what I'm talking about. Ice is the only school whose stated focus is defense. Since that focus certainly isn't apparent in the spell book, it was obviously through global resist on your gear. Life and death for instance... they have a number of either healing or health stealing spells (a lot more than ice's "defensive" set) and a lot of spells that support those. Life even gets a special guiding light spell to support its main focus.

With the exception of ice, each school has a spell set that makes the focus clear and has lots of support spells geared toward helping that focus. Now, I know that the ice armor and frozen armor were supposed to be Ice's "special focus" spells.... but they suck, and almost everyone knows that. I mean think about it, the extent of Ice's "defensive" spell set pre-wintertusk was tower shield and ice armor. Ice armor may be the number one candidate for the most useless spell of all time.

I don't begrudge the other schools global resist. I crafted the heck out of the level 56 gear for all my other wizards and I have to say that almost everything is a breeze now (will be even moreso once I get the full set of waterworks gear for each). I am simply disappointed with Ice because KI never really put much into showcasing "defense" in their spell book and instead chose to differentiate them with global resist.


If the ice players were to stop coming to the PvP area and trying to turn ice into a wannabe storm class with high damage and instead came up with good defensive suggestions then I'm sure ice would proceed well as a tank. The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
seasnake wrote:
If the ice players were to stop coming to the PvP area and trying to turn ice into a wannabe storm class with high damage and instead came up with good defensive suggestions then I'm sure ice would proceed well as a tank. The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.


I love how everyone ends up making this about PvP. Arena gear with high global resist has been available in the arena for a very long time. I don't have a problem with that and never have, nor do I take issue with gear having fixed global stats (such as crowns gear) because it available to everyone and not tailored disproportionately to augment any one school. But this topic isn't about any of that at its core. This thread is about school diversity. However, since you brought it up, I must ask... exactly what increase (by comparison to the other schools) has ice received to its damage in order to justify this decrease in its tanking ability?

Ice is still woefully lower than everyone else and using everything I can think of I haven't been able to get past +47% (and that comes at a significant cost in other stats). Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to have a pet with both pain giver and ice giver which would finally get me above 50% (still with a lot of sacrifices) but that still only puts me in the bottom rung of every other school. You know... the damage boost level every other school can get without any compromise. I'm sorry, but I simply don't see what you're referring to and if you could explain further, I'd appreciate it.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
381
actually, balance also has weaknesses. im a magus sorcerer and let me tell you, if you have balance, have secondary school as myth, death or life. the reason why is when you fight about 4-5 ranked enemies, spectral blast is only ice, fire and storm and they will use elemental shield including being resistant to balance. a big issue to me

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
marolin23 wrote:
actually, balance also has weaknesses. im a magus sorcerer and let me tell you, if you have balance, have secondary school as myth, death or life. the reason why is when you fight about 4-5 ranked enemies, spectral blast is only ice, fire and storm and they will use elemental shield including being resistant to balance. a big issue to me


I have a legendary balance. There are issues with every school, particularly at different stages as you level. However, in my opinion, balance remains very well defined and diverse as a primary school after the release of the waterworks gear. The spell set defines balance very well and few of the uniquely "balance" spells are trainable.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
Ice is a school on the bring of extinction if you ask me. I have stopped playing my ice pretty much because its just a bad school now they have steadily decreased ice and raised other schools and its reaching the breaking point. For example on my balance i was fighting a storm with 91% attack does resistance even stand a chance against that no it doesnt lol.
Ice has bad accuracy, the resistance of ice is dropping, attack isn't moving anywhere up and when it does its very a small increase, you can barely critical and you can barely block.. I offer my apologizes to ice players like really its sad what is happening but you can't stop it... I mean take my advice if you want it... Just dont play ice to fight lol, my ice is now my crafter and my big house person and the one that makes all the money. Make a balance i love it. If you make a storm you will be surprised how amazing you will be, because players that make ice are usually better at strategy, its insane how amazing storm is when an OP school plus a really smart players its awesome..

This is just to answer all the people that say well ice is wanna be storm it isnt we forced to attack because its appauling how little we can survive you attack when you can now.

and yes everything you can say about how ice is underpowered is true but really nothing is gonna happen..

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
1205
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:
If the ice players were to stop coming to the PvP area and trying to turn ice into a wannabe storm class with high damage and instead came up with good defensive suggestions then I'm sure ice would proceed well as a tank. The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.


I love how everyone ends up making this about PvP. Arena gear with high global resist has been available in the arena for a very long time. I don't have a problem with that and never have, nor do I take issue with gear having fixed global stats (such as crowns gear) because it available to everyone and not tailored disproportionately to augment any one school. But this topic isn't about any of at its core. This thread is about school diversity. However, since you brought it up, I must ask... exactly what increase (by comparison to the other schools) has ice received to its damage in order to justify this decrease in its tanking ability?

Ice is still woefully lower than everyone else and using everything I can think of I haven't been able to get past +47% (and that comes at a significant cost in other stats). Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to have a pet with both pain giver and ice giver which would finally get me above 50% (still with a lot of sacrifices) but that still only puts me in the bottom rung of every other school. You know... the damage boost level every other school can get without any compromise. I'm sorry, but I simply don't see what you're referring to and if you could explain further, I'd appreciate it.


I just played in PvP against an ice that had over 4000 health and 55% percent resist all. The ice player looked like they got these stats by sacrificing damage as their damage was at only +35%, the ice was incredibly hard to go up against mainly because the player played it as ice school rather than giving up health, resists, and the like to bolster damage as high as possible.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
seasnake wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:
If the ice players were to stop coming to the PvP area and trying to turn ice into a wannabe storm class with high damage and instead came up with good defensive suggestions then I'm sure ice would proceed well as a tank. The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.


I love how everyone ends up making this about PvP. Arena gear with high global resist has been available in the arena for a very long time. I don't have a problem with that and never have, nor do I take issue with gear having fixed global stats (such as crowns gear) because it available to everyone and not tailored disproportionately to augment any one school. But this topic isn't about any of at its core. This thread is about school diversity. However, since you brought it up, I must ask... exactly what increase (by comparison to the other schools) has ice received to its damage in order to justify this decrease in its tanking ability?

Ice is still woefully lower than everyone else and using everything I can think of I haven't been able to get past +47% (and that comes at a significant cost in other stats). Maybe one day I'll get lucky enough to have a pet with both pain giver and ice giver which would finally get me above 50% (still with a lot of sacrifices) but that still only puts me in the bottom rung of every other school. You know... the damage boost level every other school can get without any compromise. I'm sorry, but I simply don't see what you're referring to and if you could explain further, I'd appreciate it.


I just played in PvP against an ice that had over 4000 health and 55% percent resist all. The ice player looked like they got these stats by sacrificing damage as their damage was at only +35%, the ice was incredibly hard to go up against mainly because the player played it as ice school rather than giving up health, resists, and the like to bolster damage as high as possible.


My ice is basically what you said, and the thing is it really getting on my nerves how hard i worked to get that perfect 80 block rating, 4k health, and 48%resist.. And yet a storm can easily break through it because i saw a storm today with 91% storm attack like how does that even happen!? That is sad that storm can get that high... Seasnake let me tell you something ice is on the offensive because it is made to lol, defensive playing is leading to nowhere now a days because storms can easily lock load critical and some how land a critical depsite a convicition or 80 block rating every single time lol.... So it has really come down to this, is it really that everyone that plays ice is just a bad player, or is it truely that game has not given what is owed to ice..

As been said we aren't given enough shielding spells compared to other schools, and the new ones we got have only put us behind the game more, Frozen Armor is glitched it takes away shields on the caster but doesnt count them and then doesn't calculate the resistance. Legion shield is good because it is a good team spell that can help others out, but really why give a spell that helps the team out when the school doesnt have the spells to help itself out lol.

Everything that is said about ice being under powered is true, you can argue against it and pretend it is super powered but truth is truth.

As for a solution? just stop playing ice lol, Many ice wizards have already quit i myself am just using my balance now gonna get my myth his gear, working more on my life. And ice will be for grafting and gardening and stuff. It seems a little harsh yea but just don't play ice until the game tries more to make it a not broken school lol, and then play it again when it is fixed ( If it ever will be fixed keeping my fingers crossed).

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
seasnake wrote:
I just played in PvP against an ice that had over 4000 health and 55% percent resist all. The ice player looked like they got these stats by sacrificing damage as their damage was at only +35%, the ice was incredibly hard to go up against mainly because the player played it as ice school rather than giving up health, resists, and the like to bolster damage as high as possible.


Yes, Ice can go heavy health and resist which is hard, but I noticed you failed to mention whether or not the ice beat you. I also can't help but notice that you failed to answer my question. In case you have forgotten... you asserted:

seasnake wrote:
The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.


Global resistance was dropped by 3% in the waterworks gear set. So I will ask you again... What great damage boost was ice given that justifies dropping their tanking ability?

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
gtarhannon wrote:
seasnake wrote:
I just played in PvP against an ice that had over 4000 health and 55% percent resist all. The ice player looked like they got these stats by sacrificing damage as their damage was at only +35%, the ice was incredibly hard to go up against mainly because the player played it as ice school rather than giving up health, resists, and the like to bolster damage as high as possible.


Yes, Ice can go heavy health and resist which is hard, but I noticed you failed to mention whether or not the ice beat you. I also can't help but notice that you failed to answer my question. In case you have forgotten... you asserted:

seasnake wrote:
The problem is that instead of doing that the ice players have been whining about ice's damage and such an increse to damage on ice must come with a decrease in tanking ability to balance it out and justify it.


Global resistance was dropped by 3% in the waterworks gear set. So I will ask you again... What great damage boost was ice given that justifies dropping their tanking ability?


Gtar there is like no sense arguing it lol. I dont know how people can't understand that something is messed up with the ice school, its like not noticing your house is upside down... And yet people still argue it, it isnt worth your time gtar lol.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
1008
thorvon65 wrote:
Ice is a school on the bring of extinction if you ask me. I have stopped playing my ice pretty much because its just a bad school now they have steadily decreased ice and raised other schools and its reaching the breaking point.


Hey thorvon65. While I do think that ice got the short end of the stick with the release of the waterworks gear, I just don't think its as bad as you make it out. My issue with ice is not a mathematical one. Its that it is described with a particular focus which seems to have only been fully fleshed out through gear stats. Now that every school can receive global resist in a way that is completely free of strings I don't begrudge them the resist (it makes playing all my other wizards amazingly easy now), I simply feel it ends up leaving the school of ice undefined. I understand the frustration you are experiencing with the school and I sympathize... but it seems to me that your assertions of Ice being decreased and storm being over powered are very emotional in nature.

Let me illustrate with this example that you could easily expect to find in the arena at the higher levels. Keep in mind that gear configuration is very personal and strategy specific but it should be common enough to at least give you a good idea. Also note that for each config I am assuming a Pet having around +115 Health Gift, +5% Spell-Defying, +10% Spell-Proof, and +6% Pain Giver. I do understand that pet talents vary WIDELY so please remember that this is just an example. Feel free to look up each individual piece of equipment on the wiki:

Storm has Skyscream Gear (hat, robe, boots), Claw of Storm, Amythest Ring of Battle, Wyrm's Curse Charm, Lifeforce Blade, and Pet which yields the following stats:

+2453 Max Health
+155 Max Mana
+22% Accuracy
+91% Storm Damage
+41% Resist
+71% Power Pip Chance
+151 Storm Critical
+67 Critical Block
+12% Incoming Healing

Ice has Frostbit Gear (Hat, Robe, Boots), Garnet Bear Claw, Wintertusk Ring of Valor, IceBlade Vial, Lifeforce blade, and Pet which yields the following stats:

+3890 Max Health
+295 Mana
+6 Max Energy
+9% Accuracy
+49% Ice Damage
+49% Resist
+70% Power Pip Chance
+110 Ice Critical
+95 Critical Block
+32% Incoming Healing
+16% Outgoing Healing

Because there are so many ways to boost damage, I'm simply going to add a treasure gargantuan to each school's rank 1 spell average damage and use that figure as the "damage per pip" for this example. The reason for this decision is that with all the different boosts available its nearly impossible to analyze damage per pip without a full round by round breakdown of play. This way I'm using figures that suggest liberal use of gargantuan and blades/traps. Please remember that strategy plays a HUGE factor and that this is only an example.

Average Storm damage per pip: 375
Average Ice damage per pip: 335

Now, I'm also going to factor Critical and Critical Block using critical on a scale of 500, and critical block on scale of 450. That yields:

Storm Crit chance: 30.2%
Storm Crit Block chance: 14.9%

Ice Crit chance: 22%
Ice Crit Block chance: 21.1%

So to approximate damage factoring critical chance, you'll have to think of it this way... of 100% of storm hits, 69.8% will be normal and 30.2% will critical. Of the critical hits against ice, 21.1% will be blocked reverting them to normal damage. Therefore, the adjusted critical chance for storm against ice would be 30.2% x (1 - 21.1%) = 23.83% and the adjusted critical chance for ice against storm would be 22% x (1 - 14.9%) = 18.72%.

Caveat: The power pip chance difference in my example is so negligible in my example that I am not going to bother to factor it.

Storm Damage against Ice is:

accuracy% x (((100% - critical %) x Regular Damage) + (critical % x Critical damage))

.92 x ((.7617 x (1.91 x .51 x 375)) + (.2383 x (1.91 x 2 x .51 x 375))) =

416 expected damage per pip (10.69% of Ice Health)

Ice Damage against Storm is:

accuracy% x (((100% - critical %) x Regular Damage) + (critical % x Critical damage))

.89 x ((.8128 x (1.49 x .59 x 335)) + (.1872 x (1.49 x 2 x .59 x 335))) =

311 expected damage per pip (12.67% of Storm Health)

So, in a one on one slugfest with no shielding or strategy, you can see that they're pretty evenly matched with ice possibly even having an edge. Of course, this figure is per pip, so without strategy this match would be decided within 3 to 5 rounds. Since strategy matters, that's where storm's global accuracy gives them quite an advantage... They cannot fizzle casting any life, death, myth, ice, or balance spell. Therefore, they would never miss a weakness, black mantle, healing or death drain spell, etc.

Ice, on the other hand has a good size advantage in that the school specific wintetusk athame and ring have lame stats in comparison to the crafted options, allowing them to take advantage of additional heal boosting attributes without really sacrificing anything but a bit of health due to the substitution. The astute among you may wonder why I didn't use the Celestian smock instead of the Frostbit Cape and the answer is because I personally feel that the extra resist you gain from it isn't worth the crit block and incoming heal boost loss, and hey, extra ice critical bonus! :-D

Bottom line here... This thread is not and should not be about the numbers. My biggest disappointment is not that ice is weak, or that storm is overpowered because that simply isn't true. It is that ice becomes undefined and boring when global resist is no longer unique.

Ps... to seasnake: I have now obviously figured out how to get to +49% ice damage without massive loss of other key stats, but that's still substantially lower than every other school.

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
gtarhannon wrote:
thorvon65 wrote:
Ice is a school on the bring of extinction if you ask me. I have stopped playing my ice pretty much because its just a bad school now they have steadily decreased ice and raised other schools and its reaching the breaking point.


Hey thorvon65. While I do think that ice got the short end of the stick with the release of the waterworks gear, I just don't think its as bad as you make it out. My issue with ice is not a mathematical one. Its that it is described with a particular focus which seems to have only been fully fleshed out through gear stats. Now that every school can receive global resist in a way that is completely free of strings I don't begrudge them the resist (it makes playing all my other wizards amazingly easy now), I simply feel it ends up leaving the school of ice undefined. I understand the frustration you are experiencing with the school and I sympathize... but it seems to me that your assertions of Ice being decreased and storm being over powered are very emotional in nature.

Let me illustrate with this example that you could easily expect to find in the arena at the higher levels. Keep in mind that gear configuration is very personal and strategy specific but it should be common enough to at least give you a good idea. Also note that for each config I am assuming a Pet having around +115 Health Gift, +5% Spell-Defying, +10% Spell-Proof, and +6% Pain Giver. I do understand that pet talents vary WIDELY so please remember that this is just an example. Feel free to look up each individual piece of equipment on the wiki:

Storm has Skyscream Gear (hat, robe, boots), Claw of Storm, Amythest Ring of Battle, Wyrm's Curse Charm, Lifeforce Blade, and Pet which yields the following stats:

+2453 Max Health
+155 Max Mana
+22% Accuracy
+91% Storm Damage
+41% Resist
+71% Power Pip Chance
+151 Storm Critical
+67 Critical Block
+12% Incoming Healing

Ice has Frostbit Gear (Hat, Robe, Boots), Garnet Bear Claw, Wintertusk Ring of Valor, IceBlade Vial, Lifeforce blade, and Pet which yields the following stats:

+3890 Max Health
+295 Mana
+6 Max Energy
+9% Accuracy
+49% Ice Damage
+49% Resist
+70% Power Pip Chance
+110 Ice Critical
+95 Critical Block
+32% Incoming Healing
+16% Outgoing Healing

Because there are so many ways to boost damage, I'm simply going to add a treasure gargantuan to each school's rank 1 spell average damage and use that figure as the "damage per pip" for this example. The reason for this decision is that with all the different boosts available its nearly impossible to analyze damage per pip without a full round by round breakdown of play. This way I'm using figures that suggest liberal use of gargantuan and blades/traps. Please remember that strategy plays a HUGE factor and that this is only an example.

Average Storm damage per pip: 375
Average Ice damage per pip: 335

Now, I'm also going to factor Critical and Critical Block using critical on a scale of 500, and critical block on scale of 450. That yields:

Storm Crit chance: 30.2%
Storm Crit Block chance: 14.9%

Ice Crit chance: 22%
Ice Crit Block chance: 21.1%

So to approximate damage factoring critical chance, you'll have to think of it this way... of 100% of storm hits, 69.8% will be normal and 30.2% will critical. Of the critical hits against ice, 21.1% will be blocked reverting them to normal damage. Therefore, the adjusted critical chance for storm against ice would be 30.2% x (1 - 21.1%) = 23.83% and the adjusted critical chance for ice against storm would be 22% x (1 - 14.9%) = 18.72%.

Caveat: The power pip chance difference in my example is so negligible in my example that I am not going to bother to factor it.

Storm Damage against Ice is:

accuracy% x (((100% - critical %) x Regular Damage) + (critical % x Critical damage))

.92 x ((.7617 x (1.91 x .51 x 375)) + (.2383 x (1.91 x 2 x .51 x 375))) =

416 expected damage per pip (10.69% of Ice Health)

Ice Damage against Storm is:

accuracy% x (((100% - critical %) x Regular Damage) + (critical % x Critical damage))

.89 x ((.8128 x (1.49 x .59 x 335)) + (.1872 x (1.49 x 2 x .59 x 335))) =

311 expected damage per pip (12.67% of Storm Health)

So, in a one on one slugfest with no shielding or strategy, you can see that they're pretty evenly matched with ice possibly even having an edge. Of course, this figure is per pip, so without strategy this match would be decided within 3 to 5 rounds. Since strategy matters, that's where storm's global accuracy gives them quite an advantage... They cannot fizzle casting any life, death, myth, ice, or balance spell. Therefore, they would never miss a weakness, black mantle, healing or death drain spell, etc.

Ice, on the other hand has a good size advantage in that the school specific wintetusk athame and ring have lame stats in comparison to the crafted options, allowing them to take advantage of additional heal boosting attributes without really sacrificing anything but a bit of health due to the substitution. The astute among you may wonder why I didn't use the Celestian smock instead of the Frostbit Cape and the answer is because I personally feel that the extra resist you gain from it isn't worth the crit block and incoming heal boost loss, and hey, extra ice critical bonus! :D

Bottom line here... This thread is not and should not be about the numbers. My biggest disappointment is not that ice is weak, or that storm is overpowered because that simply isn't true. It is that ice becomes undefined and boring when global resist is no longer unique.

Ps... to seasnake: I have now obviously figured out how to get to +49% ice damage without massive loss of other key stats, but that's still substantially lower than every other school.


It is different that undefinition, because anyone could easily obtain crowns gear which did always give a significant amount of universal resistance. I can understand ice still has its edge... But it doesnt make sense i use storm mainly as an example it isn't really emotional but people pick out so you know assuming all this about me i really dont care. My problem is your problem just at a different level. Of course everyone loves the universal resistance that everyone has because it can benefit their other characters. But the schools that should have never had any of this universal resistance now have it, I myself just think this is wrong when i originally created my ice wizard that was apparently a distinct trait that was only allowed to ice and crowns gear.. And i didnt mind crowns gear having it because people payed money and supported the game to buy that so let them have it no problem. Now every school has it which has become a major problem and it is just in polls that i have taken of people that i know have multiple wizard and it seems it is a big reason that people are just not going to play their ices. I have a problem with the fact that it is a problem and yet no one has the nerve to try and resolve and would rather watch people quit than change that is my only emotion in the whole arguement( I never got to emotional into this game to really argue it emotionally, if you saw me in WoW which i was very emotional about i bring out the alegbra 2 and trigenometry note books and text books and its just disgusting lol).

As for the gear stats you stated that pets vary and that is the problem with the gear stats i'm seeing. Anyone that is willing to get a pet to epic now a days it will have spritely lol the health gift and the 15 resistance seem to be something that would definitely give ice the edge.

Ehhhh I think I typed to much well just read that, reply and i'll get back to you lol.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Don't be hard on Thorvon, some people just are not smart enough to see the effects health base has when applied to resist, also how healing affects the amount of resist lol. People just see what they want to see sometimes.

To Gtarhannon, sry I went back and read all your posts and agree with your gear value argument as well as your stance on defensive spells. Frozen armor is not IMO the useless spell you make it out to be but certainly isn't the most effective one either. The schools are balanced with universal resist and you have proven that with numbers, Ty for that.

To Thorvan, or whatever you call yourself, your argument of universal resist belonging to ice is hilarious to me. In that case make snow angel a single hit because DOT's belong to fire lol, and only life should heal because that's all they have. Your argument is like a muddy puddle, you can stir it up all you want but you still can't see into it, and the sun's coming out :) going to dry up eventually bud. Lol

Squire
Aug 04, 2009
554
travisAk wrote:
Don't be hard on Thorvon, some people just are not smart enough to see the effects health base has when applied to resist, also how healing affects the amount of resist lol. People just see what they want to see sometimes.

To Gtarhannon, sry I went back and read all your posts and agree with your gear value argument as well as your stance on defensive spells. Frozen armor is not IMO the useless spell you make it out to be but certainly isn't the most effective one either. The schools are balanced with universal resist and you have proven that with numbers, Ty for that.

To Thorvan, or whatever you call yourself, your argument of universal resist belonging to ice is hilarious to me. In that case make snow angel a single hit because DOT's belong to fire lol, and only life should heal because that's all they have. Your argument is like a muddy puddle, you can stir it up all you want but you still can't see into it, and the sun's coming out :) going to dry up eventually bud. Lol


Are you seriously trying to repeat what I told to you lol.. Wowwww really.

Now for one fire isn't all DoT spells, the second highest hitting attack efreet is a single attack single damage.. So there you are wrong.

What school other than balance has healing spells except life?? Oh forgive me Link and power link wow your right i'm a bad poster lol.

Now I understand you like to get into sparring with other people on the message boards if that some kind of hobby of yours that is fine but i'll leave that to you.

Now as for your arguements, like really I read them and i just thought wow he will say anything lol.

So when you get some facts maybe i'll post back until then can you get your own sayings and analogies because i make those myself and you taking them and using them against me is really low..

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
548
Thorvon, here's my stance. you say that universal resist was a quality of the ice school with previous gear so it should stay that way, because it was their specialty right? Well what about life ?(I have no life wizard FYI) now with the life amulet every single school can heal just as efficiently, that was supposed to be their specialty right? Point I'm trying to push through to you is that the game is constantly morphing, how do you know the schools won't need the resist in the next world? You seem to have tunnel vision and a limited view of the excellent geAr KI has made for us. I wouldn't say bad poster, maybe repetitive one? Either way I'm done arguing my point, it's been made.
your analogy was about fog and mine was a puddle, clear difference even if you missed it. Out of respect for Gtarhannon I will not post here further as to avoid getting the topic closed but I'll say that you're off topic about resistance and just wrong IMO. Cheers