Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Great Spell: Mana Burn

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2014
Everyone is saying I can't get the spell Mana Burn or I really want to get the spell Mana Burn but I'm not a high enough level. It turns out you don't need to be a high level to get the spell. Right now I'm level 21 and I have the spell. I got the spell when I was around level 16. What I did was I randomly bought a crown pack and I noticed that I got a wand with the pack. So I go into my backpack and I look at the spells it gave me, I got two flashes, one ice damage 65, the other balance damage 75. And of course the spell mana burn. I actually got a better version of the spell tho. What the normal spell does is 5 pips 80 damage for each pip and takes away 3 pips on target, mine does the same thing but it takes away 4 pips from target. This spell was so great at such a low level because in pvp I was beating people that were level 35. If you have some left over crowns, buy some random packs and you just might get lucky like I did.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Evan b123 on Jul 3, 2014 wrote:
Everyone is saying I can't get the spell Mana Burn or I really want to get the spell Mana Burn but I'm not a high enough level. It turns out you don't need to be a high level to get the spell. Right now I'm level 21 and I have the spell. I got the spell when I was around level 16. What I did was I randomly bought a crown pack and I noticed that I got a wand with the pack. So I go into my backpack and I look at the spells it gave me, I got two flashes, one ice damage 65, the other balance damage 75. And of course the spell mana burn. I actually got a better version of the spell tho. What the normal spell does is 5 pips 80 damage for each pip and takes away 3 pips on target, mine does the same thing but it takes away 4 pips from target. This spell was so great at such a low level because in pvp I was beating people that were level 35. If you have some left over crowns, buy some random packs and you just might get lucky like I did.
Yes, you got lucky~ congrats!

But getting an item card does not mean that you have the spell: I can have multiple copies of it, but you can't even put it in your deck unless you are level 75 and a balance wizard.

-von
exalted

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Relying on a single item card will not you very far. I can hold 9 of the same spell (not that I would)),but I WILL beat you in the long run. Mana Burn is a very limited spell and really has little practical use outside of pvp and limited team battles. Congrats on the wand, but you'll find it's not as much use as you think it is.