Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The End Key

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I have had it up to here with that button.
The End key is a shortcut key that takes you to the commons of the world.
but, on my computer at least, it is right by the Arrow keys, so sometimes, when i try to walk, i end up teleporting to the commons instead. It nearly drove me insane. Today, I was about to face the Last boss on the Waterworks and finally, finally beat it, when i hit the End key by mistake. I tried everything to get back inside and redeem my progress, but to no avail. I hate that key. KI, could you make a "Shortcut keys off" button? then i won't have to redo dungeons.
Sincerely,
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
P.S. If that Shortcut keys off button already Exists, could you plz tell me where it is?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
I have had it up to here with that button.
The End key is a shortcut key that takes you to the commons of the world.
but, on my computer at least, it is right by the Arrow keys, so sometimes, when i try to walk, i end up teleporting to the commons instead. It nearly drove me insane. Today, I was about to face the Last boss on the Waterworks and finally, finally beat it, when i hit the End key by mistake. I tried everything to get back inside and redeem my progress, but to no avail. I hate that key. KI, could you make a "Shortcut keys off" button? then i won't have to redo dungeons.
Sincerely,
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
P.S. If that Shortcut keys off button already Exists, could you plz tell me where it is?

Are you comfortable editing text files? If so, you can just remove the shortcut from your config.xml file. Here's what you would do. Find your game directory, its usually "C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Bin" on Windows 7 or "C:\Program Files\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Bin" on Windows XP. There should be a config.xml file in there which is just a text file. Make a backup of it before you start. Next, open it with something like notepad and (in notepad) press ctrl+f and find "gohub". You want to delete this entire section:

<RECORD>
<Alt TYPE="BYT">0</Alt>
<Ctrl TYPE="BYT">0</Ctrl>
<Event TYPE="STR">GoHub</Event>
<InputType TYPE="STR">keyboard</InputType>
<Key TYPE="STR">end</Key>
<KeyState TYPE="STR">up</KeyState>
<Shift TYPE="BYT">0</Shift>
</RECORD>

and then save it. Presto, no annoying end key.

Defender
Jul 08, 2009
i agree. the laptop drives me NUTS! If i happen to find a scrap iron, pearl or black lotus and i try to walk up to it before someone else gets the idea to steal it, BAM! I teleport. Lucky me

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I made a post about this too, as well as my problem with the mark button. I totally agree with you and it seems strange that KI overlooked this.

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
I tried everything to get back inside and redeem my progress, but to no avail.

Just want to point out that when you "port" out of a dungeon the instance is still preserved. If you go back to the entrance on crab alley and enter again ALONE then you should be able to rejoin the battle or proceed to walk through the dungeon to the point where you left.
The dungeon only resets when you leave through the front door and receive the prompt that the dungeon will be reset and/or you finish the dungeon and leave. It will also be reset if you attempt to reenter with another player.

I have reentered Waterworks even after everyone in the group had been killed in the final battle. Another player and I, (we entered separately) were able restart the battle with just the final boss and finish the dungeon.

Tough break about accidentally porting out - unfortunately I don't have any helpful advice about that.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010