Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Darkmoor gear is WAY too difficult to obtain.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Hi there.

So I spent 5 MONTHS on farming for the Malistaire gear for two wizards. On my storm wizard, Eric Dragonshard, he got the gear in around 20 runs. Which I thought was a lot. Now, with my fire wizard, Eric Nightshade, I spent COUNTLESS amounts of time trying to get the Robe of Malistaire's Ire. I got the hood, boots, and wand on my fire.

Today, I was literally screaming at the laptop, throwing my headphones against the wall, every time I finished the dungeon, and didn't get the robe. I kept getting duplicates, I got 2 of the same athames at once. I also got 3 Boots of Malistaire's Ire today, which I kept feeding to my pet because I had 13 total.

I spent $40 in membership just dedicated to doing Darkmoor just to obtain the robe. I eventually said, "I'm done," and I spent $10 on crowns just to buy the zone.

Now, I spent my entire Saturday to get the gear, and I'm not getting it at all. Does anyone else think that the drops are too low? Rumor has it that life and death wizards get the gear easier because they "contribute" more in the dungeon, but I see that as completely false and it's not proven.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
eric56379 on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Hi there.

So I spent 5 MONTHS on farming for the Malistaire gear for two wizards. On my storm wizard, Eric Dragonshard, he got the gear in around 20 runs. Which I thought was a lot. Now, with my fire wizard, Eric Nightshade, I spent COUNTLESS amounts of time trying to get the Robe of Malistaire's Ire. I got the hood, boots, and wand on my fire.

Today, I was literally screaming at the laptop, throwing my headphones against the wall, every time I finished the dungeon, and didn't get the robe. I kept getting duplicates, I got 2 of the same athames at once. I also got 3 Boots of Malistaire's Ire today, which I kept feeding to my pet because I had 13 total.

I spent $40 in membership just dedicated to doing Darkmoor just to obtain the robe. I eventually said, "I'm done," and I spent $10 on crowns just to buy the zone.

Now, I spent my entire Saturday to get the gear, and I'm not getting it at all. Does anyone else think that the drops are too low? Rumor has it that life and death wizards get the gear easier because they "contribute" more in the dungeon, but I see that as completely false and it's not proven.
Ok first of all, Death and Life do not have improved drop rates, my fire got the hat, robe and boots all in 4 runs and my life got the robe, boots and staff in 5 so it doesn't make much a difference and my death got the robe and boots in 3 runs. Also, why does death contribute more? Many players hate inviting deaths to their groups because they don't serve much of a purpose (sadly). Second of all, drop rates are random, they are not targeted towards any specific person or school, you are just having bad luck, my balance also had to do the dungeon 20 times just to get the full set. Third of all, if you are struggling to get the robe, go for bonesmasher robe (I know it's worse but if you're not going to pvp, you should go for it). I agree that drop rates are low to some extent but Darkmoor is super easy and I hate the fact that players are continuing to complain about it.

Lvl 110
Lvl 102
Lvl 27

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
eric56379 on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Hi there.

That is false. It's all luck for everyone. KingsIsle also will not release any information about their dropping system.

Best of luck!
S.S.