Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The boxes event

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
I have done all of the boxes and haven't gotten a sonic spring for the pogo stick mounts. I was wondering if there is an easier way to get them or if a certain box quest is better at dropping them than another. Any advise is appreciated.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I've been trying to get the sonic spring for what feels like forever. The only time I ever got one was when it was given to me through the daily assignments. Otherwise, zero luck. I've been advised to just do the B.O.X.E.S. quest every time it pops up and do it often.

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Sonic drop is very random. Last time the boxes appeared I had one of my wizards do the first box near the bazaar over and over until I got one. It took about 12-15 tries. Got it from the elephant. Today a newer wizard did the box in Mooshu for the first time--with teamup- and got a sonic spring. So one never knows. Keep trying. Pick a box that is easiest for your wizard and keep doing it over and over. Good luck.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think the game has some sort of telepathic link to each player. I'm not crafting the mount so I don't even care about getting them, and yet I've gotten probably 5 or 6 of them only running each dungeon once with each of my wizards. It's like the game is saying, "Ah? Ah? Look at this! Are you sure you don't want to craft that thing? You've got the most difficult to obtain part of the recipe now."

Yet the people who want them so they can craft the mount, they can't get the darn thing to drop. The game is like, "Nuh uh pal! You've gotta do more than that!"

And like Alexan580, I too have gotten some (I think 2 or 3) from Daily Assignments as well.

Try using reverse psychology on the game. Put it in your mind that you don't even want those stupid things and the game will probably start handing them out like candy.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I got the sonic spring drop on the 2nd. Just run the WC box, it's the fastest and spring drop rates are the same among all boxes.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I think higher level the box quest is the better chance for a sonic spring drop. I would like to see a 6th box since the last one was in Avalon