Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Best School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2013
I'm not wondering about anything (besides your opinion lol ),
but i want to know what do you think is the BEST (not strongest,
most helpful, the BEST at whatever). Just write (type)
what you think is the best school at what.

I think school of Death is good at survival because they can drain and have good
utility spells.

I want to see what you think!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2013
Storm School is best for beginners, because it's the one that starts out the most powerful. (What's a little fizzle now and then? lol)

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
dragonfare on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
Storm School is best for beginners, because it's the one that starts out the most powerful. (What's a little fizzle now and then? lol)
Storm is great, and I think a lot of players who experiment with different schools eventually decide Storm is their favorite, but its not a school I would recommend to a beginner. Storm is very fragile and runs out of health pretty quick. Excellent defensive gear and pet and mastering short decks that finish fights quickly are very important for storm, but a bit advanced to expect a beginner to figure out. I really think beginners are best off with Death, spamming health drains is easy to figure out and pretty reliable, if a little slow.

Explorer
May 08, 2014
I think Death school is great for beginners as they got good sustain throughout the game for solo play, unless you have a group or partner then play style or different school you choose will vary. Storm is where group play is nice since you got the damage and if someone can help follow up or heal, that would be awesome!

In the end its about your own play style and what fits you best.. i made all school chars to see what i like and i can say Death for me is best and fun, imo.

Happy gaming!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
For a beginner I would say that Ice is the easiest school but takes longer to finish battles. Ice becomes harder to continue solo in later worlds. Death is pretty easy for soloing because of drains, but takes A LOT longer than any other school to finish battles because you end up having to use multiple drains to kill and just stay alive. Death also has a problem with so many main bosses being Death. Life and Fire are pretty much middle schools, both take longer to finish battles but thing fancy about surviving and killing. Myth is the easiest solo school in my experience because it has very high health and relatively high attack boosts too. Myth requires more intermediate skill levels to play well. Storm is the second easiest school for soloing, just because of it's high damage and quick attacks. Storm really doesn't need any skill or strategy other than blade blade hit. Balance is very powerful but requires the highest skill level to play well.

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I may be a little bias but I think storm is the best for people that are high leveled because of their attacks way more powerful than fire, and the other schools. What's one fizzle now and then?

But the best for beginners is Balance, their shields come in handy and their attacks aren't horrible.

-Thanks!
Cheyenne StormHunter Lvl 71

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
I don't believe in the best school stuff that people talk about. However, I do have a favorite school. I like the best, but the other schools are good as well. Also I am on the "yes please" side of the seventh charecter slot debate. I always wanted to try . Thank you for reading my opinion, and happy questing! P.S. Why does everyone hate due to Cyrus? He is a good proffeser.

Monica 43
Destiny 23
Llwella 17
Isabella 14
Fiona 10
Suri 10

"Don't call people noobs or say you are better than others. No matter how strong you are, there will ALWAYS be someone better than you."

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
DreamGalleon21154 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I may be a little bias but I think storm is the best for people that are high leveled because of their attacks way more powerful than fire, and the other schools. What's one fizzle now and then?

But the best for beginners is Balance, their shields come in handy and their attacks aren't horrible.

-Thanks!
Cheyenne StormHunter Lvl 71
You sound like someone who has never played Balance. Balance is definitely NOT a good school for beginners. It's the most advanced of all schools, requiring much more skill, finese and careful deck setup. Storm don't fizzle at high level, fire, balance and myth fizzle more because storm gets the highest accuracy boosts in gear.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
seethe42 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
You sound like someone who has never played Balance. Balance is definitely NOT a good school for beginners. It's the most advanced of all schools, requiring much more skill, finese and careful deck setup. Storm don't fizzle at high level, fire, balance and myth fizzle more because storm gets the highest accuracy boosts in gear.
Instead of making this about which school is the best for beginners, I think I'll go back to the OP's question.

Ice is the best school for making battles last for an hour.

Haley MoonHeart, Promethean Thaumagture.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2014
I think Myth is the best. Myth had moderate amount of health, and damage. It has stuns, two attacks, minions, and more. Myth is really a solo school. I don't know about other myth wizards, but i rarely fizzle I have very little accuracy, and i fizzle very little. I've been a Myth wizard for a very long time. My first wizard ever was a life, but i ddin't really like it. I then became Myth, and went all the way to level 90, and then now i started a new Myth wizard and i am level 51. I experimented with other wizards, of all schools. I didn't feel a " catch " for them. So that's why i picked Myth again. It has many good qualities, and it's imaginative, and fantasy :D And that's why i love it

Kyle LegendSword-

Forever! :D

Survivor
Sep 06, 2011
Balance,by far. If you're not sheilded 24/7,it threatens to rip you apart because of one spell:Judgement.I can consistently hit for round 2383 damage(400x.67x.25=2383) 2 no critical,and that's not the worst.It's very easy for us to max out on power pips,so right there 100x14=1400 base judgement damage,adding my bonuses i would have by then,that's 1400x.67x.20x.25x.70=60,000 damage before resists or shields,i don't hit for that much often as it's unnecessary,then there's the fact that i can hit for 2282 damage((255+125)/.67/.25=2282) to all enemies turn 2 via sandstorm.Balance:the school of judgement and math