Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The abuse of lower level Wizards needs to stop.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
If you were living under a rock back on Apr 11th, 2011, you probably know about a certain boy called Casey Heynes. He was being picked on at school, and eventually said "Enough is enough!", and gave his bully the just desserts he deserved.

Now, while violence is never an answer, as a former bully victim myself, I just gotta say this: Way to go, Casey!

Now, what does that whole fiasco have to do with Wizard101? It's simple: The same mentality that it takes to bully someone in real life, is the same mentality I see when I see people taking their higher level characters into lower level PVP and squashing noobs.

Now, some people might say: "Aww, no way! It's just hazing, man! I got ganked, so I'm gonna gank those other people when they join in, because it's just a right of passage!"

Yeah... no, sorry, buddy. If you gotta take your level 95 into a fight with a level 25, and kill some poor guy who has absolutely no chance of fighting back, that's not hazing. That's bullying. And your a scumbag.

That's right. I called you a scumbag, Mr. Bully. And not only that, I'm gonna suggest that the good folks over at KingsIsle do something about you! That they replicate good ol' Casey Heynes, pick you up, and drop you on your noggin!

But, how would they do this? Well, that's a very good question. Obviously this kind of behavior doesn't occur very often at the PVP Arena on Unicorn Way, because players have the option to set level restrictions on who can join their battles. It only really occurs when the lower level players WANT it to happen, so in that case, it's their own fault for wandering into such a trap in the first place.

However, at player houses that feature PVP battle sigils, that's where the trouble starts. Especially in regards to those who want to hose lower level PVP parties or the like. Time after time, I've seen a high or max level character come in and just RUIN the fun for everybody, and nobody wins when that happens.

I've even seen these higher level characters threaten to get everyone else BANNED FOREVER if they refuse to fight or back out of the challenge. Like, seriously?

And no, kicking people out of the house in question, as it stands now, doesn't solve the problem forever. Or even for any length of time.

People. THIS. MUST. STOP!!

And no, in case your curious, I'm not upset about getting ganked myself. I don't do PVP, so I never get ganked to begin with. So no, I'm not just some little Care Bear crying. I just have NO RESPECT WHATSOEVER for anyone who takes a high level character and ganks a lowbie. That's just not cool, man!

So, what about you? What do you think are ways that KingsIsle can prevent malicious higher level players from pushing lower level characters around? Should there be some kinds of restrictions on such actions, such as limiting the higher level players usable spells or stats if the person they're attacking is more then 10 levels below their level? Discuss.

URBAN DICTIONARY: "Ganking": It is a word commonly used in online video games, usually used in an MMORPG. Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level; To be a high level character and 1v1 someone that's a very low level and has no chance of winning or even significantly harming the aggressor. The practice of ganking is usually frowned upon, and in some MMORPG's can result in severe consequences against the offender's account, including a ban.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
well if you could block someone from your house indefinitely that should work. eventually the bully would run out of victims. Sure the new guy gets beaten once, but then his friends tell him to block the bully and then he is removed from that player home for good, It is the equivalent of teaching kung-fu to all of the weaklings in your school. Suddenly the bully can't beat any of them.