Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The 12 days...

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
In years past, with the exception of 2015, there has been a charity mount that can only be bought during that one holiday season. I was wondering if there will be one this year or not. I'm aware that K.I. mentioned about giving to charity throughout the year and that's wonderful. However, a charity mount that helps to supplement those efforts would allow us wizards to show our support as well. I always look forward to getting a charity mount, not only because it helps others, but from a selfish standpoint, they are generally popular in their own right. I also like the fact that when I think of the mounts, I am reminded of what it represents, and it allows me to tell others about it too (if they don't already know why it's a special mount).

So if there weren't already plans to do a charity mount this year, please consider making one (if it's not too late already), or perhaps open up charity mounts from previous years (but change the names to include the year, to differentiate from previous years). I would love to get a mount or two that I wasn't around for when they were first available.

Many wizards would love to help with donating to charities, so please let us do it.
So, K.I., is there a charity mount this year? If there is, I'm going to assume it's part of the 12 days, so I won't ask when it will become available. Just knowing it will be coming will be suspense enough to make the 12 days more fun to look forward to on each day.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Much like last year, rather than offer a specific charity mount for the “12 Days of the Spiral” promotion, we continue to focus our charity efforts through game events like Extra Life, on a business-to-one basis with the Make-a-Wish children who visit our company and with select other local organizations in the Plano and Austin areas.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Sounds nice, but I would still like to see the special mounts as in years past.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
fiona blueblossom on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
Agreed. Not only help to contribute towards a charity, but have a 'badge of honor' as a reward for it.

K.I., maybe consider special mounts that may not necessarily go directly to a charity, but instead help fund the trips kids make from Make-A-Wish? We players like to help contribute while also getting something unique to help show (and encourage) the idea of charities. I actually gifted a charity mount (the Neolephant) to an in-game friend. The way I saw it, it helped out as a donation and gave my friend a mount to be proud of. Needless to say, my friend was quite happy, for both reasons.

So it's not only the idea of donating, but a special mount to gift to friends. Like I said above, maybe it could be used as a way to bank more funds for charitable events, if not given to a charity directly.

Defender
Jun 23, 2016
Just realized missed the event this year. Is there still time to donate to the worth cause?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fiona blueblossom on Dec 10, 2016 wrote:
I also agree. And they really need to make this well known because last year people were downright angry.
I would buy a charity mount over just donating any day. People collect pets, mounts, etc., in the game... especially these.
It would be nice if KI offered this in addition to the other thing (of which I have no interest).

Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
I really do think d they need the Charity Mounts back.....I dont think I can name one person that would donate money for me to play so it can go to charity, no matter what charity it is for. This way we get a new mount and the kids get the money. I saw where they had made $3000 this year at one point. How does that compare to the amount raised when we were buying mounts ?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Could be a tax or accounting nightmare, selling charity items. Might be easier to sort to have players do direct donations on a freewill basis, which is kind of what a marathon type of thing might be.

Just guessing though.

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
To K.I. staff...

It's obvious from the replies in this topic that a lot of people would like to have the charity mounts back. Maybe it doesn't need to be strictly during the holiday season, but we would like charity mounts.

At the very least, in the future, make some sort of an announcement that lets us know that there (still) won't be a charity mount, so we at least go into the season without wondering about it. After the number of upset people from last year, I thought that K.I. would have recognized how popular and well liked it is, and brought it back this year because of the feedback.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
KI "gives back" in many ways but it seems they have phased out the mounts. Personally I trust the company's judgement in terms of analyzing the "biggest bang for the buck" with their charitable resources. The effectiveness of KI's donations are more important to me than having an extra mount or pet. There are still many special and unique mounts in KI's games that you can purchase for crowns, purchase for gold, win as a drop, or even craft. Our stables will not be empty without holiday mounts. :)