Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text Chat different languages

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
So I have a question, Will languages other than english be filtered, more specifically languages that don't use latin characters? and is writing out none latin languages in latin characters(for example you could write Japanese like, sara, aka etc and russian like bolshoi, uhadi, privet, etc) allowed?

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi,
I'm not a member of the developement team si thats just my point of view.

The game is mainly designed to be played by young people and to control the respect of the chat rules moderator in the game must act quickly to mute an insulting wiz or any case that need to be sanctioned.
The problem with adding other languages or different alphabet is, most of foreign people can't read it or understand it.

The game is an US game who has been adapted on diverse server in few country and I have discovered the game in my country server before moving to the US ones. That create many problem for me but I understand them,
Can't buy bundles if they don't appear in wizard101 website (still waiting the undersea bundle from November 2019)
Difficulty to understand some expressions and to naturally translate my own expressions
Different hours
20% tax

So sorry but I don't think this will be corrected

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
many people who dont speak only english live in the US and I think that if you type in a foreign language to people who understand it will be fine and about the different time zones, I might accidentally wake up at 5:00 AM and fie up my computer and talk to some German people.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
About this "most foreign people can understand it" i am confused, if they are typing in there OWN language how can they NOT understand it.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
and the expression thing is really confusing if you know how to speak your language wont you know the expression

Delver
Sep 13, 2016