Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Test Realm Schedule

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2016
Hello, I just want to start off by introducing myself.

Well, I actually started playing Wizard101 back in 2010, on another account. I wasn't aware of certain aspects in the game, such as spiral transportation, castles, mounts, and multiple others as well. I was practically a child back then, so I didn't pay much attention to anything but the quests. As I continued, I stopped losing interest in the game, and moved onto other MMO RPGs.

I've recently wondered if the player base has grown much, and to my surprise, it's grown over 10 times the quantity before. When I was playing, I rarely saw individual realms being full. Now I play, and commonly see over 5 realms full.

It sort of motivated me to continue playing. Of course, I created a new account, a new character, and enjoyed the game from the start. I didn't have a membership, so I purchased one, and continued to play the game casually, and noticed more features than ever before!

I'm currently level 38, in Dragonspyre, and the game is possibly the most addictive digital sensation or video game that I've ever really played.

Anyways, onto what this topic was intended for initially.

I read an article about a separate game server known as the test realm. I set aside to do some more research, and found that it was only for Members, or players that have made a purchase in that last 30 days. I read the information about the test realm and found it very interesting.

However, it's not constantly online. I've expected that, and I have nothing against it. I just wonder, is there a schedule for the test realm itself?

Is there any online schedule? I've never been on the test realm and it seems really fun, considering that you get (apparently) 15000 crowns when you join. Also the fact that it has unpublished features that you can test.

So, is there any online schedule? Or do any of you know when it's going to launch?

An answer would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Test Realm is only available when new major content needs to be tested before it goes live. Things like new worlds, new side dungeons, or when fishing is added to new worlds.

Test Realm is not something that goes online just for people to play in like Live because it doesn't register permanent progress. That said it transfers your wizard(s)'s current progress over from live at the time Test Realm goes online.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
You can read about test realm rules an such here: https://www.wizard101.com/game/testrealm and it explains in great detail and that anything done in test does not carry over to live. Anything you do in test realm stays in test realm, also when it gets shut down aka The updates go live the realm is shut down an All progress Lost. You can still do the stuff In live game. You just get to see features before everyone else pretty much.