Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Fix

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 26, 2010
It seems after the last maintenance that KI has made it so that if the player who asked for help by starting team up is not in the battle when the minions and boss are killed then other players who used the kiosk to join do not get their team up credit. This will effectively solve most of the problem with high level wizards as now they have to wait for everyone before winning the fight. It does create its own set of problems though. It punishes everyone in the dungeon not just the wizard who hits before everyone else is ready. There are some people who are unaware they won't get credit or in the case of my personal experience today just don't care and are now set to ruin team up for everyone. I had a another player who hit before everyone was in the circle. I received a notice after that I did not receive team up credit as the player who asked for help had not joined the battle. My first thought was that's cool KI listened and did something about team up problem. Then I joined another team up. That same player from before also joined and once again started the battle and hit before everyone had joined. I asked them if they had got their notice and why were they hitting when they would get no credit. There answer was yeah they got their notice and "Idk" to why they were hitting anyway but it was obvious to me that they were doing it simply because they thought it was fun to waste other's time. So now my thought is it's great KI tried to fix the problem but is there anyway they could make the penalty so it's only on the people who don't follow the rules of team up? I realize that this may seem like whining especially after how many people have complained about being left out of battles but I feel punishment should be on people doing something wrong not on everyone who is unfortunate enough to be part of the same team as the wrongdoer. I do have to say though good on you KI for listening to people's pleas and trying to stop Kiosk team up abuse. (even if I'm not a fan of the method chosen I do like that is will help stop the abuse)