Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunts and Pacify

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
I'm no expert on this but many people seem to be confused on What Taunts & Pacify spells do.
I am not 100% on this but I believe this
Taunts are basically a way of keeping an enemy focused on ATTACKING the caster. such so another person can heal.
as for Pacify I THINK its the exact opposite the enemy its casted on becomes pacifistic making them become more defensive than offensive casting shields charms and anything else that doesn't hurt you. so in worlds like marelybone you want to cast pacify but in areas like celestia where there are harsh defensive spells you'll want to cast taunt

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Taunt is generally only used by tanks in dungeon situations. It draws the attack off of other players like the Storm who just attacked or a player who just healed or needs healing and increases the focus on to the caster. Pacify lowers the chances of them attacking, increasing the chances they will pass.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
NikSoulSword on Nov 22, 2015 wrote:
I'm no expert on this but many people seem to be confused on What Taunts & Pacify spells do.
I am not 100% on this but I believe this
Taunts are basically a way of keeping an enemy focused on ATTACKING the caster. such so another person can heal.
as for Pacify I THINK its the exact opposite the enemy its casted on becomes pacifistic making them become more defensive than offensive casting shields charms and anything else that doesn't hurt you. so in worlds like marelybone you want to cast pacify but in areas like celestia where there are harsh defensive spells you'll want to cast taunt
Taunt: Makes the enemy attack you more often by increasing your "threat" level (which is also raised by you using attacks and healing others)
Pacify: Does the opposite as it makes your threat level go down.

Regardless not many people use taunt (the very few that do are running Jade gear) and NOBODY is running pacify spells.