Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt and Soothe Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 11, 2011
Can anyone tell me what Taunt and Soothe do? I cast them, but I can't figure out how they generate a threat or reduce a threat on a target? It seems to do nothing. I cast both on the enemy target. Thanks! :-D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Taunt is supposed to cause all enemies to attack the caster more often than others in the party. Soothe is supposed to cause all enemies to attack the caster less often than others in the party. Neither does any good if you're soloing, and neither has any effect on PvP.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Those spells are for group fighting.

Taunt will make the enemy attack you, keeping your team members from harm (supposedly). Soothe is supposed to make it where the enemies will not see the target as a threat therefore not attacking them (I think, i personally never used soothe).

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Taunt/soothe does not work on boss or elite monsters. Taunt draws the monsters attention toward you, and soothe moves it away from you. These spells only work in group play and they do not work in pvp.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Historian
May 01, 2010
Savannah3939 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what Taunt and Soothe do? I cast them, but I can't figure out how they generate a threat or reduce a threat on a target? It seems to do nothing. I cast both on the enemy target. Thanks! :-D

taunt- makes enemies focus more on you
soothe-makes enemies focus less on you

wont work on
bosses
you soloing
if both used back to back

btw you can go onto the search bar at the top of the page, and just type in tuant and sooth, set it for search all words, and then scroll down

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Nicitas wrote:
Taunt/soothe does not work on boss or elite monsters. Taunt draws the monsters attention toward you, and soothe moves it away from you. These spells only work in group play and they do not work in pvp.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

This is incorrect. Taunt and soothe both work on bosses and elite monsters. Stuns and Beguile are the spells that do not work on bosses.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Taunt and distract will cause enemies to attack the caster and soothe, tranquilize, calm, and pacify and the others will cause them to not attack the caster. Tip: Reduce threat spells are not nearly as effective as increase threat spells.