Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Taunt and Mega Taunt

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Im not sure if it should be here but, what is the difference between taunt and mega taunt If you think this is a bad question or something DONT start flaming (leaving bad comments)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
joeycoolkid25 wrote:
Im not sure if it should be here but, what is the difference between taunt and mega taunt If you think this is a bad question or something DONT start flaming (leaving bad comments)

Taunt and Mega-Taunt are essentially the same spell with one major difference. Taunt (for 2 pips) raises the threat level on all enemies by a fixed amount. Mega-Taunt, as an X level spell, raises the threat level on all enemies by the amount of pips you cast it with. I hope this makes sense.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
Taunt is a single-target spell, while Megataunt targets all enemies.

I believe you are thinking of Distract and Taunt. Distract is the single target, while taunt is all targets.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2010
Thank you I just thought there would be a difference other than how many pips it cost

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
joeycoolkid25 wrote:
Thank you I just thought there would be a difference other than how many pips it cost

No, no real difference, other than if you are trying to really draw fire. Mega-taunt is more effective to cast than taunt because, for instance, 4 pips worth would be like casting taunt twice.

Explorer
Sep 28, 2010
The basic idea of Taunt and Mega Taunt is it (Even though nobody seems to know about it) adds tons of points to your threat rating (The reason why monsters may attack you and not somebody else) So ya.