Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sylvia and Bartleby's ilness (spoilers)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
I don't know if this topic has already been discussed (I couldn't find anything about it), but I want to ask some of the Wizards here about the Polaris plot line.
The reason we went to Polaris in the first place was to find a cure for Bartleby's sickness, which was, if i remember correctly "a cold that chills one to the roots" or something along those lines. After analyzing the situation, Moolinda Wu says she has no idea how to cure him.
I knew that Sylvia died of an illness, but I only recently found out it was a cold that no life wizard could cure.

Honestly, I may be imagining things, but these two cases seem eerily similar. Is it possible that Bartleby is suffering from the same cold that Sylvia died of? If so, could the same thing happen to Bartleby?
Or could there at least be some connection between the two?

Eagerly awaiting your opinions,
Chris Shadowsword, level108

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
I noticed the similarity as well. Since Morganthe caused Sylvia's sickness and Grandfather Spider caused Bartleby's, the two at least seem to have ancient Shadow Magic in common.