Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Summer Fishing Tournament Contest - June 18 Only!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 27, 2014

‘Ello there, Wizards! Lucky Hookline here with a fun event happening right here in Wizard101! We’re havin’ ourselves a Summer fishin’ tournament and everyone’s invited!

Here’s what ya need ta’ do. On June 18, 2015 (National Go Fishing Day) from 9:00 am to 11:59 pm US Central, Log on to Wizard101 and try to catch our new “Basking in the Sun” Shark. Every “Basking in the Sun” Shark you catch will act as an entry into a big giveaway for Crowns Prizes! One random winner will take home 60,000 Crowns and we’ll be giving away 10 more prizes of 10,000 Crowns.

Get your box and tackle ready, you’ll only be able ta’ catch the new fish startin’ at 9:00am US Central on June 18.

1. We’ll be tracking all the Summer Fish received by our players on June 18, 2015.
  2. We’ll total up the numbers here at KingsIsle, and enter players into a random drawing. On June 19, 2015, we’ll give out the awards and announce our winners on the KingsIsle Blog.
  3. Prizes will be applied directly to the winners' accounts on June 19, 2015.
  4. Only Summer Fish that are successfully acquired by players from 9:00 am to 11:59pm US Central on June 18, 2015 will count as entries.
  5. This contest is open to all (not just members) – just catch the Summer Fish on June 18, 2015 to enter.
  6. You may sell your fish after you acquire them.
  7. Fish are counted per account.
Please email community@wizard101.com if you have additional questions.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
will we be told what type of school fish there is in not, the let the challenge begin :D

Historian
May 15, 2009
what kind of school is the summer fish?
is it fire?
life?
sun?
moon?
stars?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
Does anyone want to team up? My name is Nicholas Deathpetal, level 65 Necromancer

I'll be fishing in the realm of Falmea, Area 01, in dragonspyre
Post if you want to meet up somewhere

edit: i'm also using a fire lure but i really have no idea if that's gonna work

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
do we know what school, what level?

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
where are the fish located???
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
it is fire, I got mine WC commons

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
kelmosher on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
do we know what school, what level?
not yet, i've been fishing for an hour and a half on various worlds and i haven't found any

edit: i was on the wizard101 twitter and i found a few pictures, it's a red/orange fish with a hat and sunglasses. fire school

Survivor
May 07, 2013
I too have caught this fish in WC and it is in fact a FIRE type. I was using a minor fire lure when I caught both of them ... hope this helps! GOOD LUCK ALL ......

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
I would like to meet you frosty nico i'm level 45, no open chat, I have text chat, and my name is Jason darkblood what area in w101

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Do we have to send a message to ENTER this contest? Or is that NOT required? I'm confused about that, if someone could let me know if I have to send some specific message to them to be apart of this.

Thanks!

Survivor
May 25, 2012
i got a storm one in the commons but nothing else since then

Survivor
Jul 20, 2009
I don't know if that guy was yanking my chain about this fish being fire, but can someone tell me if they have caught one yet? What school is it and where is it?

Administrator
MariahTheIceWizard on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
Do we have to send a message to ENTER this contest? Or is that NOT required? I'm confused about that, if someone could let me know if I have to send some specific message to them to be apart of this.

Thanks!
Hello,

You don't have to do anything but catch the fish and you'll be automatically entered into the drawing.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Aug 03, 2011
Is the "Basking in the Sun" fish found in a various place, or is it global (found in every fishing area)? Please tell me.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Are the 10 prize based on the number of fish you caught? Or is it also random draw like the 60,000 crown?

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

You don't have to do anything but catch the fish and you'll be automatically entered into the drawing.
Alright, Thank You :) I just caught my first fish for this contest! Hope it goes great!

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
taytay0630 on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
I would like to meet you frosty nico i'm level 45, no open chat, I have text chat, and my name is Jason darkblood what area in w101
the oasis, realm diego, area 01

i'll be right next to the sergeant major talbot. wearing all black, except orange boots. my name is nicholas deathpetal

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Info On Basking Sun Fish: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?443905-Basking-in-the-Sun-Shark

it's probably been a while since I've posted anything, but I'm back

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
I tought my sister how to fish on w101 today and in her first 5 fish she caught 2 summer sharks. They are fire so everyone knows. Good luck

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
frostynico on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
Does anyone want to team up? My name is Nicholas Deathpetal, level 65 Necromancer

I'll be fishing in the realm of Falmea, Area 01, in dragonspyre
Post if you want to meet up somewhere

edit: i'm also using a fire lure but i really have no idea if that's gonna work
where, exactly? :P

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
Nutellahero on Jun 18, 2015 wrote:
where, exactly? :P
diego, area 1, krokotopia, the oasis

Survivor
Dec 09, 2012
Lucky Hookline on Jun 17, 2015 wrote:

‘Ello there, Wizards! Lucky Hookline here with a fun event happening right here in Wizard101! We’re havin’ ourselves a Summer fishin’ tournament and everyone’s invited!

Here’s what ya need ta’ do. On June 18, 2015 (National Go Fishing Day) from 9:00 am to 11:59 pm US Central, Log on to Wizard101 and try to catch our new “Basking in the Sun” Shark. Every “Basking in the Sun” Shark you catch will act as an entry into a big giveaway for Crowns Prizes! One random winner will take home 60,000 Crowns and we’ll be giving away 10 more prizes of 10,000 Crowns.

Get your box and tackle ready, you’ll only be able ta’ catch the new fish startin’ at 9:00am US Central on June 18.

1. We’ll be tracking all the Summer Fish received by our players on June 18, 2015.
  2. We’ll total up the numbers here at KingsIsle, and enter players into a random drawing. On June 19, 2015, we’ll give out the awards and announce our winners on the KingsIsle Blog.
  3. Prizes will be applied directly to the winners' accounts on June 19, 2015.
  4. Only Summer Fish that are successfully acquired by players from 9:00 am to 11:59pm US Central on June 18, 2015 will count as entries.
  5. This contest is open to all (not just members) – just catch the Summer Fish on June 18, 2015 to enter.
  6. You may sell your fish after you acquire them.
  7. Fish are counted per account.
Please email community@wizard101.com if you have additional questions.
  1. Are they in one world or are they in any of the different worlds?

Survivor
Dec 22, 2014
i have a question: are crowns transferrable between two family accounts? if i win i wanna be able to give my sister some.