Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stronger attack+blade = stronger?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Hello, people, i am just wondering something. You know how if you are life and ice you get your blade REALLY late? ( life gets blade after krokosphinx) ( ice gets blade in mooshu ) , and you get storm blade kinda early? Well, if storm's attack and fire's attack are really strong at the beggining, then why give them a blade early to make the spells stronger? Like this is what i mean: Stormzilla: 795-835 damage, colossus: 425-535 damage, if you give storm a boost, zilla will do 1,000 something, give ice blade, colossus will do 600- 700 tops. Is that really fair that storm gets to boost thier attack early and pwn bosses and wizards in pvp? Just saying, maybe insted of giving fire and storm blades right away, maybe give life and ice thier blade earlier? Just a thought? Thanks.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Hrm... You're sending mixed messages here.

Is your problem with how early (or late) Wizards receive their blades, the power of the blades, the power of the bladed spells, or blades in PVP?

I'll comment on them all. First, the timing.

I don't think Storm receives their blade early. My Diviner sister is in Krokotopia and still hasn't gotten her Stormblade. The timing for recceiving your blade depends on your Wizard type. As for why all Wizards don't receive their blades at the same level, your guess is better than mine.

The power of the blades is coupled wth the general power of the school. Have you noticed that Ice, Life, and Death, the three physically weakest schools, have the strongest blades. This is to keep things in a general balance.

The power of the bladed spells don't depend as much on the blades as it does your Power Increase Percentage (Hehe, it spells P.I.P). If you have a higher percentage, blades will become stronger.

Ex. 100% Power + 40% Blade = 140% Result.

But with a higher P.I.P...

(This is pure dramatization, by the way.)

150% Power + 40% Blade = 210% Result.

Big difference, you see?

Now, for blades in PVP, I can't have any sympathy for you. Sorry. It's nothing against you, but I just don't like PVP. But if you want my $0.02, here it is.

Don't PVP until you get your blade.

If you PVP earlier, you're obviously putting yourself at a disadvantage, so I can't feel sorry for you.

If you still have trouble with PVP, even after you receive your blade, do yourself a favor and quit PVP until you're a Legendary.

Well, that's all I have to say. I hope I helped you in some way. ^_^

Jack Fireheart Legendary Pyromancer

Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
I guess... I get what your saying !

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Storm and Fire are schools focused on attack. Because of this they have lower health and lower accuracy. For both schools, the need to hit hard and fast is very important, that is why they get their blades earlier.

The school of ice is that of defense. They have the health to take the hits as they chip away at the enemy with weaker attacks. Life is the same except they can heal themselves which makes up for the weaker attacks.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 life

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Hello, people, i am just wondering something. You know how if you are life and ice you get your blade REALLY late? ( life gets blade after krokosphinx) ( ice gets blade in mooshu ) , and you get storm blade kinda early? Well, if storm's attack and fire's attack are really strong at the beggining, then why give them a blade early to make the spells stronger? Like this is what i mean: Stormzilla: 795-835 damage, colossus: 425-535 damage, if you give storm a boost, zilla will do 1,000 something, give ice blade, colossus will do 600- 700 tops. Is that really fair that storm gets to boost thier attack early and pwn bosses and wizards in pvp? Just saying, maybe insted of giving fire and storm blades right away, maybe give life and ice thier blade earlier? Just a thought? Thanks.
Yes! Fire DOES get fireblade early! You recieve fireblade at level two! And I disagree!

Defender
Feb 23, 2010
superluther wrote:
Storm and Fire are schools focused on attack. Because of this they have lower health and lower accuracy. For both schools, the need to hit hard and fast is very important, that is why they get their blades earlier.

The school of ice is that of defense. They have the health to take the hits as they chip away at the enemy with weaker attacks. Life is the same except they can heal themselves which makes up for the weaker attacks.

Hannah Lifebringer level 60 life

And Death gets their blade (40% just like life) at level 7, but Death's big advantage is that it can kill and heal at the same time. To do so, they need to be able to boost their spells (life stealing spells don't cause comparatively high damage, and theycan't be enchanted with cards like strong and monstrous)...hence the early blade.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2010
You're talking about Stormzilla and Colossus? They are level 42....everyone has a blade at 42. so i don't understand your question.

As a Life wizard who didn't get a blade or trap till past level 25 (i didn't know where the trap was) I beat Storm wizards 95% of the time. They never have life shields and they fizzle too much.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Storm get they're blade at lvl 12 from the quest ''I have the power''.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
actually its funny to compare stormzilla and collosus becuase stormzilla is lower level and less pip cost than collosus. So the fact it even does more damage should make it obvious to you that storm is supposed to do more damage than ice. Different schools are good at different things. That is the point. Dont worry its not like storm wizards dont have their own weaknesses.