Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storytime 2016

AuthorMessage
Developer
Trimond297 on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I'd thought the Sword of Kings would be a big aid against the Pendragon, in terms of it's cheats, of course. Still, eh.

I do have questions, Scholar Zander, so, here they are.

1) I really love the Arcanum because of it's highly celestial-like settings & vast beauties that reminisce Outer Space's beauties, though, I have to say, will it be expanding on occasions, like how certain Spiral worlds were expanded in the 4 Dungeon update? I feel that I have a great taste of what the Arcanum has in store for us Arcanum students. BTW, really love the music there!

2) Will we still visit Wizard City to check up on Merle Ambrose & the other Ravenwood Scholars at times? I know graduating from Ravenwood was a very auspicious moment, yet, that doesn't mean we can't make return trips there at times.

3) With the last defeat of Malistaire in Darkmoor, doesn't the trapped spirits he held would be free to cross over to the Other Side, like Sir Blackwater & Tatyana? I mean, it felt a bit awkward that the trapped spirits doesn't get freed from his grasp, so defeating him should have caused that.

By the way, nice to see you on the boards, Scholar Zander, as well as Librarian Fitzhume! I'll be looking forward to talking plenty with you & him, too! & again, thanks for the recent W101 story update!
I like the way your mind works, Trimond297.
1) Glad to hear you've enjoyed the little slice of intergalactic wonder emporium that we Arcanum Scholars call "the office". I wholeheartedly agree with you about the music; it really helps us all get our brains in the right space for thinking.
And as far as future exploration of the Arcanum goes, all I can say is, you ain't seen nothing yet, mate.

2) Do you honestly think Ambrose and Co. could go for very long without checking up with YOU?
Oh, that reminds me – how's old Bartleby doing?

3) The thing about trapped spirits is, sometimes they're trapped for reasons they're cognizant of, and other times it's for reasons they've yet to figure out. The dead-but-not denizens of Castle Darkmoor have unresolved issues not named Malistaire to sort out before they can stamp their passports for the Other Side.
Perhaps you'll get a chance to help them do some stamping one day.

Hope these answers cleared up a little space in your cerebral question queue, mate. Can't wait to hear more from you!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
504
Scholar Zander on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
I like the way your mind works, Trimond297.
1) Glad to hear you've enjoyed the little slice of intergalactic wonder emporium that we Arcanum Scholars call "the office". I wholeheartedly agree with you about the music; it really helps us all get our brains in the right space for thinking.
And as far as future exploration of the Arcanum goes, all I can say is, you ain't seen nothing yet, mate.

2) Do you honestly think Ambrose and Co. could go for very long without checking up with YOU?
Oh, that reminds me – how's old Bartleby doing?

3) The thing about trapped spirits is, sometimes they're trapped for reasons they're cognizant of, and other times it's for reasons they've yet to figure out. The dead-but-not denizens of Castle Darkmoor have unresolved issues not named Malistaire to sort out before they can stamp their passports for the Other Side.
Perhaps you'll get a chance to help them do some stamping one day.

Hope these answers cleared up a little space in your cerebral question queue, mate. Can't wait to hear more from you!
That's understandable, Zander. The one thing I could enjoy the Arcanum a bit more is having more music themes besides the one enjoyable theme it has now, especially it's own regular & boss combat themes, though, that's for someone who whipped up the themes in W101 in another time.

Bartleby's still ill, even though Baba Yaga said his condition would improve once we halted the Spiral's doom, for the time being. His leaves are still yellow from that chill immediately post-graduation in Ravenwood. However, whatever evil Grandfather Spider, formerly known as Old Cob to some, according to Ofiera Chillvenom's words, is planning, including ancient beings falling ill because of Spider's dark, Shadow-induced powers spreading through the Spiral... (sigh) I fear this is only a beginning... even with seeing & defeating the first of Spider's Children...

Oh. Well, that sorts that matter out. Maybe one day, I'll clear up their troubles before they can cross over, especially since Shane von Shane stirred up those before Malistaire placed him under his will through the promise of restoring one's life again, though he only wanted to bring Sylvia back to life & I would guess he would double-cross Shane in the very end, like any villain would do.

There is one more question in my queue...

Did the Umbra Legion's agents' fear of Grandfather Spider's return made the giveaway when he formerly used his fake name? I had thoughts that this would be so, considering Lorcan said, "No... it cannot be!" & Ofiera's words made the big revelation that made it into a shocker. I, too, was completely shocked to hear that Old Cob turned out to be the Spiral's old threat, Grandfather Spider, this whole time, and didn't even know it... until now.

Looking forward to seeing more the Arcanum & the Spiral has to offer!

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
252
1. Is it possible to bring the dead back to full life? Necromancers can apparently summon the undead, but it's not exactly the same as being alive. I suspect that if they could, Malistaire would've done that to get Sylvia back instead. The Titans might have this ability, but the consequences of trying would be too great.

2. When it comes to what I'm gonna call the Titan War, (the conflict that tore the First World apart), each of the elemental schools claim different things, that the other Titans started the war, and their own respective Titans only got involved later. Which school is telling the truth? Is any school telling the truth?

3. Are the Titans races or individuals? I keep hearing about THE Dragon Titan, but not the Dragon TitanS.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1609
I find it odd that there isn't an Astral Professor in the Arcanum, certainly there is a reason? Also how is the Spiral connected to the Rise and Destroy universe? I saw a very tiny Frankie Fourarms jumping around. Why is he tiny and why is he at the Arcanum? Does he guard the Arcanum from magical mice?

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
38
It's nice to see a storytime session again! Here are a few questions:
1.) In the tutorial, Ambrose mentions that the place we hail from is one where no one believes in magic, which is obviously Earth. More evidence towards this conclusion is that when the wizard first heard Selena Gomez's song, they realized it was her, which may indicate that the wizard is familiar with her. Since we've touched magic and entered The Spiral, does our lifespan expand like humans from Avalon? How did we make it to Wizard City, or the Spiral at all in that case?
2.) Are there more than one scholars for each school of magic since it's confirmed that we've only seen a fraction of the Arcanum?
3.) Will we get any sort of dormitory in the Arcanum since we no longer belong to Ravenwood?
4.) Can the black hole that's visible from the Arcanum be a Stormgate that it's other side is hidden or the windstones granting access through them being unavailable for people who are not scholars/workers in the Arcanum?

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
393
I noticed some paintings in the Hall of Divination of a city with cathederal-like architecture. Is this Empyrea?

What is the name of the sleeping tree in the back of the Arcanum?

Does Jaki Whisperwind come from Cool Ranch, or some other world representing the eastern half of colonial America.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
32
If I'm allowed to ask some questions...

1. Just wondering, the Arcanum Scholars have stated that they did hear about Morganthe's recent defeat (good, I want my accomplishments to be known ). It seems like the vanquisher of Morganthe would be a fairly powerful Wizard, which the Scholars also acknowledge. So, why do they not try to find out who this Wizard is and recruit them? And how did they hear about her defeat, but not who did the defeating? Or did they, and Baba Yaga just happen to find her first?

2. Why do the other Scholars not trust the Shadow Scholar, Velma von Venkman? Is she new? Or is it the corrupting properties of Shadow Magic?

3. Why does Morganthe have so many Pesky Beetles? Why doesn't she use them against us?

4. Since Bartleby is sick, the question arises: What would happen if Bartleby dies? Would the Worlds just float off into the depths the Void? Is Grandmother Raven also ill?

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
Librarian Fitzhume on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Indeed, at one point, it seemed as if the large Borealis crystal mined from the Frigid Maw must be the legendary Sky Anchor. This was the conclusion the scholars of the Arcanum reached as well, and though concerned that Rasputin had acquired the Anchor, they dismissed the threat because only a Titan could break such a thing. Thus, it was determined that the urgency of the situation did not call for the Arcanum scholars to intervene themselves, but rather this was a task wisely left to the Arcanum's newest Initiate.

Within the Kataba Iceblock, however, new evidence surfaced. Explorer Jock Coosto revealed that the Sky Anchor was actually a "towering mountain of pure Borealis" at the edge of the world. This didn't make sense... if the Sky Anchor was a mountain, then why was Rasputin so determined to acquire the large Borealis Crystal in the Frigid Maw? The answer became clear shortly thereafter, when Mellori made a startling discovery in studying the schematics in the Golem Garden. In fact, the Wizard soon laid eyes on the result of Rasputin's labors firsthand...
On the subject of the sky ancor, I have yet another question:

As we go up the jeweled slopes, we see plenty of Borealis crystals. And after the battle with warlord Minak, we can see a massive chunk. It seems the entire mountain is a huge Borealis crystal, and thus, the entire mountain is most likely the actual sky anchor. I can't imagine anything smaller than a huge mountain actually being able to keep the spiral together. As it is, the entire mountain probably is just barely big enough to channel the amount of magical energy needed to keep things from flying out in all directions.

So, my question is this:

when the titian succeeds in smashing the crystal on top of the mountain, he hits a little teeny tiny tip of it that's sticking up out of the ground. If he hits it a couple more times (i e the battle runs out of rounds), the entire crystal is destroyed.

Why in the spiral would hitting the crystal on it's tip successfully break up the entire thing? why isn't he smashing it in the middle? Or on the bottom of it's base?

And if that small, sorry chunk is indeed the sky anchor, then why didn't Rasputin just bring Ivan up the mountain and have HIM push it over and break it?

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
Most of your confusion stems from assuming wizards have a human lifespan. Wizards such as Merle have been alive for centuries and so has Morganthe. The sky in Aztecs isn't falling until after Morganthe redirects Xibalba. Prior to her interference Xibalba was simply orbiting Aztecs.
So Queen Gwendolyn have a longer than normal life span too? She's alive though grey-haired.

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
I very much want to know what is in the room behind the electrified bars in the arcanum.

Hero
Nov 22, 2010
749
Scholar Zander on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
I like the way your mind works, Trimond297.
1) Glad to hear you've enjoyed the little slice of intergalactic wonder emporium that we Arcanum Scholars call "the office". I wholeheartedly agree with you about the music; it really helps us all get our brains in the right space for thinking.
And as far as future exploration of the Arcanum goes, all I can say is, you ain't seen nothing yet, mate.

2) Do you honestly think Ambrose and Co. could go for very long without checking up with YOU?
Oh, that reminds me – how's old Bartleby doing?

3) The thing about trapped spirits is, sometimes they're trapped for reasons they're cognizant of, and other times it's for reasons they've yet to figure out. The dead-but-not denizens of Castle Darkmoor have unresolved issues not named Malistaire to sort out before they can stamp their passports for the Other Side.
Perhaps you'll get a chance to help them do some stamping one day.

Hope these answers cleared up a little space in your cerebral question queue, mate. Can't wait to hear more from you!
>Do you honestly think Ambrose and Co. could go for very long without checking up with YOU?
Oh, that reminds me – how's old Bartleby doing?

Scholar Zander, i have to disagree. At least I hope very much that they are no longer going to bother me. I graduated from Ravenwood. I do not want them looking over my shoulder and checking up on my whereabouts. Especially since none of them were competent enough to deal with things.

When Morganthe says Ambrose's ridiculous council, i hate to say it but I have to agree with her. All along they're all nothing but talk. I hope they stay in Ravenwood now, and leave the rest of the spiral alone.

Hero
May 02, 2009
787
I have a few questions of my own.

1. Who is the true leader of the Coven? Is it really Othin Stormfather or is it in actuality the mysterious 5th Chair?
2. If we ever see Morganthe again will she still be stuck in Shadow Spider form? Or has her time in the great unknown warped her into something far more menacing and terrifying?
3. At the end of the House of Scales Ammit the Devourer mentions that we'll meet Sekhmet "soon enough", but just who exactly is she, and when will we actually meet her face to face?

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
46
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
Most of your confusion stems from assuming wizards have a human lifespan. Wizards such as Merle have been alive for centuries and so has Morganthe. The sky in Aztecs isn't falling until after Morganthe redirects Xibalba. Prior to her interference Xibalba was simply orbiting Aztecs.
Thanks but I wasn't asking a player, I wanted the answer from the arcanum scholars. However your response makes me ask: Why couldn't Ambrose and the other wizards have directed Xibalba away from Azteca. Surely all the professors in Ravenwood as a group are far more powerful than Morganthe.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
9
I'm absolutely estastic that a new story time thread has opened up! I can't wait to steal...er glean the secrets of the Arcanum from its wise scholars.

#1 Who is actually responsible for the creation of the Titans. In the 1st arc, they were called Bartelby's children, in the 3rd they are called Raven and Spider spawn. Which is it?

#2 Could you perhaps clear up a discrepancy I have with the Azteca storyline. When speaking with Huracan, he tells me a tale of the beginning. He says that in the beginning there was Land and SEA, as well as 3 great spirits and the Shadow. In the Khrysalis orbs the story goes Land and SKY as well as Tree, Raven, and Spider. Now rules of no spoilers in mind...maybe a bit of clarification here?

#3 Pushing it here but...eh is the Auroracle the Sky?

So many questions! So little leeway!
I love the work so far with this arc, I can't wait to see where it goes. I can't wait to visit the true Celestia beyond the stars...

Survivor
Aug 30, 2009
9
wraithcaster on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
1. Is it possible to bring the dead back to full life? Necromancers can apparently summon the undead, but it's not exactly the same as being alive. I suspect that if they could, Malistaire would've done that to get Sylvia back instead. The Titans might have this ability, but the consequences of trying would be too great.

2. When it comes to what I'm gonna call the Titan War, (the conflict that tore the First World apart), each of the elemental schools claim different things, that the other Titans started the war, and their own respective Titans only got involved later. Which school is telling the truth? Is any school telling the truth?

3. Are the Titans races or individuals? I keep hearing about THE Dragon Titan, but not the Dragon TitanS.
I know you probably want an answer from a scholar, so sorry for butting in.
According to Artorius, the Titans that broke the first world are individuals.
The books in Ravenwood all blame each other for the conflict like siblings would. I'm confident that the truth is that they all started it.
As for reviving the dead, I think what Malistaire was going for was to channel the Dragon's vast amount of energy to power an otherwise normal spell. I find that the common theme in stories that involve reviving the dead, is that it would be life for a half life because no mortal has enough energy. But a Titan might.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
1016
Geoffery23 on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
Thanks but I wasn't asking a player, I wanted the answer from the arcanum scholars. However your response makes me ask: Why couldn't Ambrose and the other wizards have directed Xibalba away from Azteca. Surely all the professors in Ravenwood as a group are far more powerful than Morganthe.
Azteca was thought to have been lost until we received the distress signal and the marleybonian professor was able to reveal it. Once we got to Azteca we did not realize Morganthe was going to crash xibalba until it was too late. In fact once morganthe redirected xibalba she made it impossible to stop or redirect.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
8
Librarian Fitzhume on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
Merle knows of the Arcanum. He's not well-acquainted with the Scholars themselves, but he knows of the institution, its mission, and its history. Merle's reasons for not involving the Arcanum in dealing with Ravenwood's problems are his own. Some say he doesn't trust the Arcanum to handle things in the way he wants them handled. I suspect, however, that he simply believes problems arising in Ravenwood should be handled by Ravenwood. How does it look if former students and teachers from Ravenwood become major problems and then Merle simply calls in the Arcanum to clean up his mess?

Also, as sophisticated as the Arcanum may appear to be, don't discount the strength of Ravenwood. After all, isn't that the school that turned out the most prodigious Wizard the Spiral's ever seen?

As to your other questions, time in the Spiral doesn't work the way it does in our world. Our concept of time is based on the laws of nature, while in the Spiral, the flow of time is guided by the laws of magic. That means it is inconsistent, confusing, and it is capable of being manipulated. The pace of time on some worlds is faster than on others. While some event may be ancient history on one world, that same event may be perceived as having occurred quite recently on another. Indeed, by most standards, the fall of Celestia happened many, many centuries ago, yet on worlds like Avalon, it wasn't that long ago at all. It's also worth noting that Ravenwood, and all of Wizard City in fact, has a unique relationship with time. More on that will be revealed.

Your question about Azteca is a good one. Why didn't the Arcanum intervene to stop the comet? Does it have something to do with Azteca's relationship with the Firstworld? Is there some reason why they would actually prefer Azteca was destroyed? Or, did the Arcanum actually try to intervene and fail? So many questions remain.
On central this timeline was formed, I'll post this in multiple parts because of the character limit. Can you tell us of the validity of this timeline.

Timeline:
-First World is created by "the creator". It's the entire spiral in one, big world.
-Shadow Magic is created.
-The Creator separates the sky, land, and sea, and hangs the stars from the sky.
-The Creator makes the Great Raven (aka Grandmother Raven) and Bartleby. There is an inconsistancy here, older quests from 2008 say that the Great Raven is Bartleby's sister, but newer quests state that Grandmother Raven is the Creator and that she is Bartleby's mother.
-The elder races, or titans, which are the Dragons, the Giants, and the Tritons, are born.
-Tritons invent Storm Magic.
-The three elder races fight to control the others' domain.
-Giants build castles in the sky and invent Ice Magic to fight the Dragons and the Tritons.
-Dragons create Fire Magic to defend themselves against the Giants and the Tritons.
-Aztecosaurs are born.
-The First World is destroyed by the warring titans. Marleybonians, however, believe a giant bone smashed into it.
-Bartleby and the Great Raven form the Spiral, or New World, to keep everything intact.
-Celestians settle in Celestia.
-Celestians hold chariot races as a symbol of pride.
-Spiders are born, and are the "demons" of the Spiral. They fight against the creator and are banished to Khrysalis. Over time, they become less horrible and form a society, but they still carry their evil roots. They are banished about 2 millenia after creation.
-Dragons settle in Dragonspyre and Mooshu.
-Titans die out or fall into a slumber (except few weaker dragons).
-Manders are born.
-Emperor Mooshu unites the clans of his homeland into one empire. It's named after him, and becomes Mooshu.
-Monsters cease to exist naturally. They can only be "remembered" by Myth Magic.
-A piece of floating earth arrives in the manders homeland, containing the Kroks, who enslave the manders.

Part 1

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
8
-The King of Dragonspyrean men, King Mene, and the Queen of the Dragons, Gavarena, unite to form the Kingdom of Dragonspyre.
-Knowledge was reserved for Dragonspyrean royalty, until now, when Rydall the Conquerer, king of Dragonspyre unleashes a magical plague, causing Duke Sebastian to want to teach people how to defend themselves, founding the Dragonspyre Academy.
-The Krokonomicon is written, forming Life and Death Magic.
-Kroks invent Balance Magic.
-Ambrose is born.
-Ambrose helps Artorius become King.
-The Order of the Silver Rose is formed.
-Ambrose founds Wizard City.
-King Artorius gets married to Gwendolyn.
-The Kingdom of Dragonspyre extends across the Spiral, being guarded by the Dragon Titans, who were reawakened by the Lords of Dragonspyre.
-The Emperor of Mooshu is captured and overthrown by the Khitan and Manju clans. Their rule was oppressive and harsh.
-The Mooddha is born and provides spiritual awakening and comfort for those in Mooshu.
-King Jungen dies without an heir, starting the Century War in Dragonspyre over the throne.
-The Emperor is freed by the Samoorai.
-Mooshu allows magic for more than just royalty, but for commoners too.
-Mooshu discovers the Spiral and starts trade and travel.
-Kylgor the Magnificent claims the throne to Dragonspyre and ends the Century War.
-Marleybonian tribes are constantly fighting, until Beormutt unites them all. After Beormutt's scourge, dogs choose to strive only for peace.
-Knowledge Crystals are created. A golden age of Dragonspyre begins.
-Dragons no longer control Mooshu. Instead, 3 clans do.
-Dogs enter a civil war with Cats.
-A wizard named Aldred overthrows the king of Dragonspyre.
-A Dragonspyre Council is established by warriors and wizards fed up with Aldred's merciless rule.

Part 2

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
8
-As the golden age of Dragonspyre ended with warriors and wizards struggling for power. This is brought before the council and magic is heavily restricted.
-Marleybone has a rebirth of culture, caused by great individual, who the areas of Marleybone are named after.

-The Printing Press is invented by a Marleybonian.
-A Marleybonian writer criticizes the government and is imprisoned. The Queen, Queen Ellen, frees him and establishes the Parliament. Her reign is known as the Golden Age of Marleybone.

-Herold Digmoore invents the Spiral Door accidentally, and the key is to Wizard City. The second is to Marleybone.
-The Council of Light forms. (May be innaccurate in its position)
-The 3 clans of Mooshu are no longer as powerful, however they have not lost all power.

-Malistaire befouls Sergeant Skullsplitter somehow, causing him to dislike him.
-Arthur Wethersfield teaches Balance Magic in Ravenwood.

-The Shadow Queen and her brother overthrow King Artorius of Avalon by giving him the horned crown, turning him into a dragon.

-Ambrose leaves Avalon and never returns.
-Ambrose founds Ravenwood.
-Morganthe is expelled from Ravenwood.
-Sir Pigswick is expelled from Ravenwood.
-Sir Pigswick buys Wysteria and founds a school.

-Morganthe finds Taylor Coleridge
-Morganthe and Taylor rob the Alcazar and trash it.
-Morganthe and Taylor attempt to trash the Hive, but are caught.
-Morganthe is found to be the chosen to be the "chosen one" for the prophecy and they train her in the ways of shadow.
-Morganthe takes of the chamber of the sun and casts a shadow on it, corrupting sun magic with shadow magic.
-Morganthe attempts to learn star magic, but couldn't get it, so she destroyed the Alcazar to be what we see now.
-Morganthe goes to eclipse tower to learn moon magic, she also corrupted it and corrupted the moon magic with shadow magic.

Part 3

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
8
-The Celestians deny Morganthe access to Astral Magic.

- Morganthe wages war on the Celestians
- The Celestians, after much fighting call on the titan to help them defeat the Morgantine forces
-The Tritons help but then also sink Celestia, effectively wiping out the Celestians, after the Celestians summon them to kill Morganthe.
-The Council of Light puts Morganthe's deck of shadows until Mirror Lake.
-Malistaire's wife, the Life Professor, Sylvia Drake dies.
-Malistaire destroys the Death School, his former place of work.
-Malistaire steals Bartleby's Eye of History.
-Malorn Ashthorn takes over to teach Death, despite his lack of qualifications.
-Moolinda Wu takes over as Life Professor.
-Malistaire checks out books from the library (I didn't make this up, Kingsisle was generous enough to let us know)
-Wizard101 Arc I
-Xibalba approaches Azteca
-The Shadow Queen attacks Zafaria.
-Thurston Plunkett goes on an expedition to Celestia and gets trapped by the Shadow Queen.
-Wizard101 Arc II (Celestia, Zafaria, and Avalon)
-The Shadow Queen takes over Khrysalis and utterly destroys it.
-Wizard101 Arc II (Azteca and Khrysalis)
-​Pirate101
-Wizard101 Kan Davasi (Darkmoor)

Part 4

Survivor
Jan 13, 2015
46
Eric Stormbringer on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
Azteca was thought to have been lost until we received the distress signal and the marleybonian professor was able to reveal it. Once we got to Azteca we did not realize Morganthe was going to crash xibalba until it was too late. In fact once morganthe redirected xibalba she made it impossible to stop or redirect.
When did you become a scholar at the Arcanum, Eric?

i'm really not interested in player guesses, i want to know what the scholars have to say.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
33
average moe on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
I noticed some paintings in the Hall of Divination of a city with cathederal-like architecture. Is this Empyrea?

What is the name of the sleeping tree in the back of the Arcanum?

Does Jaki Whisperwind come from Cool Ranch, or some other world representing the eastern half of colonial America.
That painting in Ione's office is quite impressive, isn't it? Yes. I've been meaning to ask her where that came from.

Shhh. If I say her name, it might wake her up.

Jaki Whisperwind does not come from Cool Ranch. To say more would be to say too much.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
33
David EarthShield on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
If I'm allowed to ask some questions...

1. Just wondering, the Arcanum Scholars have stated that they did hear about Morganthe's recent defeat (good, I want my accomplishments to be known ). It seems like the vanquisher of Morganthe would be a fairly powerful Wizard, which the Scholars also acknowledge. So, why do they not try to find out who this Wizard is and recruit them? And how did they hear about her defeat, but not who did the defeating? Or did they, and Baba Yaga just happen to find her first?

2. Why do the other Scholars not trust the Shadow Scholar, Velma von Venkman? Is she new? Or is it the corrupting properties of Shadow Magic?

3. Why does Morganthe have so many Pesky Beetles? Why doesn't she use them against us?

4. Since Bartleby is sick, the question arises: What would happen if Bartleby dies? Would the Worlds just float off into the depths the Void? Is Grandmother Raven also ill?
1. Great question. One might wonder, did the Arcanum scholars previously consider recruiting the Wizard and then choose not to? Is there some specific reason they didn't approach the Wizard, who only found them after crossing paths with Baba Yaga who was in self-imposed exile?

2. Another good question. Indeed. They do seem to consider Shadow Magic somehow dangerous. It's also true that Velma is relatively new.

3. Maybe she doesn't want to risk them?

4. I could not even begin to comprehend the consequences of Bartleby's dying. Is such a thing even possible? I don't think so. I certainly hope not.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2014
33
Rachel Dreamsong on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
I find it odd that there isn't an Astral Professor in the Arcanum, certainly there is a reason? Also how is the Spiral connected to the Rise and Destroy universe? I saw a very tiny Frankie Fourarms jumping around. Why is he tiny and why is he at the Arcanum? Does he guard the Arcanum from magical mice?
It would be odd if there wasn't an Astral Scholar in residence at the Arcanum. Perhaps there is and we just haven't met them? The Spiral is connected to everything. How and why Frankie appears in the Arcanum us anyone's guess.

Developer
Trimond297 on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
That's understandable, Zander. The one thing I could enjoy the Arcanum a bit more is having more music themes besides the one enjoyable theme it has now, especially it's own regular & boss combat themes, though, that's for someone who whipped up the themes in W101 in another time.

Bartleby's still ill, even though Baba Yaga said his condition would improve once we halted the Spiral's doom, for the time being. His leaves are still yellow from that chill immediately post-graduation in Ravenwood. However, whatever evil Grandfather Spider, formerly known as Old Cob to some, according to Ofiera Chillvenom's words, is planning, including ancient beings falling ill because of Spider's dark, Shadow-induced powers spreading through the Spiral... (sigh) I fear this is only a beginning... even with seeing & defeating the first of Spider's Children...

Oh. Well, that sorts that matter out. Maybe one day, I'll clear up their troubles before they can cross over, especially since Shane von Shane stirred up those before Malistaire placed him under his will through the promise of restoring one's life again, though he only wanted to bring Sylvia back to life & I would guess he would double-cross Shane in the very end, like any villain would do.

There is one more question in my queue...

Did the Umbra Legion's agents' fear of Grandfather Spider's return made the giveaway when he formerly used his fake name? I had thoughts that this would be so, considering Lorcan said, "No... it cannot be!" & Ofiera's words made the big revelation that made it into a shocker. I, too, was completely shocked to hear that Old Cob turned out to be the Spiral's old threat, Grandfather Spider, this whole time, and didn't even know it... until now.

Looking forward to seeing more the Arcanum & the Spiral has to offer!
Well, Trimond, the important thing to remember about the Umbra Legion is that communication flows within it from top to bottom much like most large organizations: rather poorly. Especially given the battered and bruised state in which the Legion finds itself of late (good job!).

While there were definitely a handful of generals and other leaders at the top of the Legion who were privy to the most sensitive of data, the message wasn't always disseminated throughout the lower ranks in an orderly and timely fashion.