Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm has an upper hand

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Well I came across a storm who had water works gear. With all of it he had 22 accuracy. Wait so lets do some math here, 70+22=92? Storm spells are 92 accuracy? Now they have boost and 92 accuracy? Thats more than life! Now the critical, 150. Now there spells are overpowered, they have 92 accuracy, and they get boost too? The health is low, but really, 92 accuracy?
I do understand the critical, and boost, but 92 accuacy? Come on here that's not right. Even as a storm I think that's not right. Storm has the most accuracy, boost, and critical. Hmm, can it be lowered? At least the accuracy, for storm it should be low. I'm just saying.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
My necromancer currently has 101% chance for power pips. I have a pet and some gear boosting my accuracy by 15% if I cast ... that first star school spell... (keen eye?) what ever it is, I then have 100% accuracy as well. I could get different gear so that I had 100% accuracy, without the star spell, but then I would not have a guaranteed power pip each turn.... I haven't been anywhere near the water works. I would ask: can that storm school guy get above 92% accuracy? How long did he have to farm water works?

The gear boosting my accuracy is craftable in Celestia, technically I could have been at 100% accuracy and pips by level 55. I don't mind if storm gets to 100% accuracy, just so long as it takes him longer, game time/story time, to do so... and it seems that it did. Besides if he is loaded up on accuracy gear then his crit, block, base damage, hp, mana, power pip chance, universal resist are all sub standard. They have to be because he is so focused. The game is balanced, If you shore up your weaknesses your strengths are mediocre. If you focus on your strengths then you have an Achilles heel, or two... If you are griping about this because of pvp you might want to start a discussion in the pvp forum where you can get some sympathy.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
scotttttttttt wrote:
Well I came across a storm who had water works gear. With all of it he had 32 accuracy. Wait so lets do some math here, 70+32=92? Storm spells are 92 accuracy? Now they have boost and 92 accuracy? Thats more than life! Now the critical, 150. Now there spells are overpowered, they have 92 accuracy, and they get boost too? The health is low, but really, 92 accuracy?
I do understand the critical, and boost, but 92 accuacy? Come on here that's not right. Even as a storm I think that's not right. Storm has the most accuracy, boost, and critical. Hmm, can it be lowered? At least the accuracy, for storm it should be low. I'm just saying.

70+32=102, if you do the math correctly!

Waterworks gear gives 22 accuracy, not 32!

Yes, storm gets the most power boosts, after all, it is storm!
Storm has the lowest health, with waterworks gear, you are usually around 2200.
Storm also has the lowest possible resistance and critical block rating, which means, if storm fizzled as much as they did, they would always be dead!

So, why on earth are you complaining?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
darthjt wrote:
scotttttttttt wrote:
Well I came across a storm who had water works gear. With all of it he had 32 accuracy. Wait so lets do some math here, 70+32=92? Storm spells are 92 accuracy? Now they have boost and 92 accuracy? Thats more than life! Now the critical, 150. Now there spells are overpowered, they have 92 accuracy, and they get boost too? The health is low, but really, 92 accuracy?

70+32=102, if you do the math correctly!

Waterworks gear gives 22 accuracy, not 32!

Yes, storm gets the most power boosts, after all, it is storm!
Storm has the lowest health, with waterworks gear, you are usually around 2200.
Storm also has the lowest possible resistance and critical block rating, which means, if storm fizzled as much as they did, they would always be dead!

So, why on earth are you complaining?

I agree with Darthjt. Storm has had to work hard to get that gear and everything else.

I for one am glad that storm is getting stronger. I am also getting tired of everyone picking on storm. They have earned the power they can manifest.

If you look at storms in the real world, they do the same things. They can be weak and fizzle out or be more devastating than anything else you can come up with.

I can't wait to get my level 40 storm to that point. She still fizzles a lot and the lowest in health than any of my other wizards.

Make friends with a storm wizard that has reached their full potential. You will be glad you did. They just might save your wizards life with that power.