Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm can now get more then 120% storm damage

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
19
Thanks to my WONDERFUL find.

With the following gear.

Diviners Deep Rolling Hat
Eureka Raiment
Diviners Deep Rolling Waders
Rainy Season Pike
Storm Owls Terror Claw
Pain Bringer
Pain Giver
Storm Bringer
Storm Giver

PLUS the Galvanic Field Spell.

Thank you for making us the top dogs :D

Not to mention 44 fire resist, 40 myth resist and

With Silver order of the spiral- 95 universal block
22% healing out

77% power pips
and...
3,550 health O____O

Defender
Jan 25, 2009
173
None of that storm strength matters when ice can obtain immunity to fire and storm...'Just sayin, top dog.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
495
Brennan123547 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Thanks to my WONDERFUL find.

With the following gear.

Diviners Deep Rolling Hat
Eureka Raiment
Diviners Deep Rolling Waders
Rainy Season Pike
Storm Owls Terror Claw
Pain Bringer
Pain Giver
Storm Bringer
Storm Giver

PLUS the Galvanic Field Spell.

Thank you for making us the top dogs :D

Not to mention 44 fire resist, 40 myth resist and

With Silver order of the spiral- 95 universal block
22% healing out

77% power pips
and...
3,550 health O____O
K, whats the point of this post? To show that Storm is better than Fire?

Yeah, its called School Favoritism.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Ice is not the only one that can be storm immune, my storm has 103 storm resistance.

Although, those are not the best damage boosts storm can get either....

Storm-Dealer is highest storm boost, then storm-giver. Pain-giver is better than pain-bringer.

Also, resistance to only 2 schools is not always wise and you have to keep in mind critical block.

All this being said, I think this should have been posted in PVP maybe?

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
169
One prism (convert) is all that's needed to defeat immunity!

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
393
Brennan123547 on Apr 6, 2013 wrote:
Thanks to my WONDERFUL find.

With the following gear.

Diviners Deep Rolling Hat
Eureka Raiment
Diviners Deep Rolling Waders
Rainy Season Pike
Storm Owls Terror Claw
Pain Bringer
Pain Giver
Storm Bringer
Storm Giver

PLUS the Galvanic Field Spell.

Thank you for making us the top dogs :D

Not to mention 44 fire resist, 40 myth resist and

With Silver order of the spiral- 95 universal block
22% healing out

77% power pips
and...
3,550 health O____O
uh doesnt that mean that you have literally no resist for the other 5 schools of magic?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1305
And people wonder why players want high resistance to storm?

BTW: Ice isn't the only school that can achieve immunity to storm and/or fire. I know a storm wizard who has 103% resistance to storm. HOWEVER, if someone has immunity to some or all schools, you can bet your boots that their other stats are tanked (aka - not good at all).

A good player will have the right balance of gear for offense and defense.

Survivor
May 18, 2011
27
While I enjoy being a Diviner just like you, I don't think it's wise to boast about your stats and put people of other classes down. We may have the highest attack rate, but we also have the lowest defense rate. If you really think about it, a team of 4 Diviners charging into a really big dungeon is a very bad idea.

Kymma Anvilheart-Diviner of the Falling Sky

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
19
I am not boasting about damage, when I did the math, it just surprised me that if I ever decided to train a pet, that I could get these stats, and for the people who say "why don't you have resist?", I never have needed resist O_____O. Anyways, I appreciate the comments from you guys. Just wanted to say that I didn't mean to put down any of the other schools of magic.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
925
want to help me run mirror lake a lot?

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
This is called school favoritism.While you do realize each school has a different thing it focuses on.

Storm-Damage
Ice-Defense
Fire-Long lasting hits.
Life-Healing
Myth-Minions and stun
Death-Stealing health
Balance-Using all schools to create balance throughout all schools

I hope now you understand that all schools play a role to defeat the villains that are lurking in the spiral

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
138
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
This is called school favoritism.While you do realize each school has a different thing it focuses on.

Storm-Damage
Ice-Defense
Fire-Long lasting hits.
Life-Healing
Myth-Minions and stun
Death-Stealing health
Balance-Using all schools to create balance throughout all schools

I hope now you understand that all schools play a role to defeat the villains that are lurking in the spiral
ahem i am offended you said that bout balance, balance's goal is to use other schools to multi hit

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
230
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 25, 2013 wrote:
ahem i am offended you said that bout balance, balance's goal is to use other schools to multi hit
Well because balance uses. Multi hits is because of combining those schools into one.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
925
I've seen guys running around with critware that gives them close to 500 crit and this is on top of about 85% damage boost.

All the same, if you're in Xibalba going second against a buncha storm and balance guys that crit like the dickens, you want some minimal standard of resist and block so you can live to see your first turn.

It doesn't have to be much - just a speed bump in the grand scheme of things.

With the introduction of some of the new pvp pets, expect storm to have new and even more degenerate weapons for approaching 100% critical and 100% damage together.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2010
6
Top Dogs? Storm does most damage, fire does second. storm has the lowest percent to fizzle, what accuracy does that gear give? Ice can have immunity (im not ice nor do i like immunity im just saying they an have it) My level 66 fire has 79% resist to storm. You are not top dog, you have a small advantage that any of us can overcome because we all have resist, you have 5 schools without resist, and no accuracy boosts which means fizzle city

Survivor
Jun 18, 2012
19
slimshadywizard on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Top Dogs? Storm does most damage, fire does second. storm has the lowest percent to fizzle, what accuracy does that gear give? Ice can have immunity (im not ice nor do i like immunity im just saying they an have it) My level 66 fire has 79% resist to storm. You are not top dog, you have a small advantage that any of us can overcome because we all have resist, you have 5 schools without resist, and no accuracy boosts which means fizzle city
actually i dont fizzle anymore, got a pet that brings my accuracy to 32% and a wand now bringing my damage to 110%
meaning storm can now get more then 138% damage....Yes ice is still a problem to storm but with some of the newer gear which i have done more then 100 runs only to get a good critical wand, you can get lots of armor pierce using the senator's gear...which still isn't the best for most schools of magic....

Either way, I didn't mean to offend anyone.....Just Sayin' that its a lot of damage to have although even with 110% damage, storm owl only does a little above 3,000 damage without anything, if you take EVERYONE's resist to storm now-a-days, which is normally 30-100%...i will use 30% first 3200-30%=2240+ tower shields=1120 damage...compared to other schools of which are not on the "I need big resist to" board, that only have to deal with 20-50% resist compared to 30-110% resist, thats not a lot of damage to deal.

If you take 150% storm damage(somewhere around the limit now) and add 1625(storm owl damage) to it that is 4063 damage- 30%=2844-50% tower=1422 still compared to most schools that don't have to deal with being on the big resist board isn't very much...

Thus proving that just because storm has so much damage, doesn't make us overpowering...
I only made this post to show how much damage was possible for storm to get...
sorry for calling storm top dogs also, i didn't do the math until now when i noticed people posting on this post...