Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Steal Charm spell...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
What exactly is it for?
I've cast it during combat to no appreciable effect.
Can anyone give me a hint as to what it's good for?

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
I have the same question exactly. I have a "steal charm" card that was given to me by my school (fire), and I was told that this is a "very good" card by the school professor. However, so far I have not seen it in action and am wondering if it is worth keeping it in the deck.

Another question I have is... (and I apologize if this has been previously answered, but most of the 'spell deck' related posts I came across were locked or did not answer this question)... Is there, or are there any major differences between spell decks that are, say generic... and spell decks that are school specific only? I mean, does the school specific deck give you any added strength or accuracy, or protection etc. when equipped (providing you are in the same school) or are they the same as a generic deck?

For example, I am a pyromancer level 23, and 1 of my deck.. the nesbit or something - sorry can't remember the name but it is a "fire school only deck" has 30 spell slots with 3 copies and 4 fire spell copies with 9 side boards. The other deck is a generic deck (not affiliated with any schools) which has 40 spell slots with 4 copies (for all) and 12 sideboards. Now that seems better as it offers more spell slots, but would I be at any disadvantage or advantage (other than being able to put more spells in the deck), if I used this instead of the "fire school only" deck?

Also, I've noticed that because the spells are put randomly in the deck, the larger the deck size, the less chances there are for your item/clothing/pet related spells to be inserted into the deck. Is there any way to fix this so that my item spells do appear more in the deck? I have a firezilla pet, which gives me a firezilla spell. It is unique, and at 4 pip requirement, it can take out a whopping 700+ hit points from the enemy (providing they don't have any protections equipped). I also have the swarm card (from clothing) and another life spell (forgot the name, but if you know Lord of the Rings, it looks like "Treebeard" from LOTR 2) also from clothing, but they rarely now appear after using the decks which offer more slot. So just wondering if there's a way I can get those cards to appear more often in the active deck, other than having to switch back to the old smaller deck?

* Sorry for writing a lot.. and thanks in advance...* :D

Defender
Mar 01, 2009
steal charm spell for fire steals a blade from the person you cast it on
the life attack is natures wraith
i dont think that fire only decks give you any special defences

Grandmaster Pyromancer
Scarlet Redthorn

Hero
May 27, 2009
I've only seen the Steal Charm used once to take a Balance Blade from an opponent.

Second poster, the less cards you put into your total spell deck, the greater the odds of your extra cards turning up. You don't necessarily need to switch to a smaller deck, but you can leave slots empty and only carry a limited number of each of your spells.

Delver
May 29, 2009
Ok each school offers unique spells that can steal or destroy charms, traps, or shields. Storm has a charm cleanse which will remove a Weakness blade off of your wizard. The steal charm does the same only it takes a positive blade off an opponent and puts it on you. Just like Ice's steal shield spell. There are spells that will remove traps off you or like myth has, remove shields off the opponent.

With regards to the deck question: It depends on your own strategy which one will serve you better. I have a grandmaster balance wizard that helps other wizards more than she attacks herself. So I will use a school only deck which might give me 7 slots and four for another school. This way I can make sure I put in plenty of traps, blades, shields, and healing hands.

On the other hand I have a storm wizard with life as secondary. She uses a standard deck with equal slots for both schools. Her storm attacks do enough damage that she doesn't need 6 or 7 slots but she would want to be able to put more life spells in to heal herself frequently.

The great thing about having a deck that holds 55 or 60 cards is that you don't have to fill up each slot with a spell. If I am fighting Jade Oni with my fire wizard, I will put in an Immolate, Fire blade, Fire trap, Elemental blade, Elemental trap, Wyldfire, Feint, and plenty of different fire shields to absorb the attack. Then I can one shot kill him without having to wait for the right cards to turn up.

As for your item/spell cards: Imagine you have a deck of cards and those spells are the jokers (Firezilla and Dryad). What are your chances of having those cards come up out of 55 especially if you also have a wand equipped. Remember that adds more cards. And you only have ONE of those particular spells.

Hope this clears things up for you.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Defender
May 09, 2009
fquazi wrote:
I have the same question exactly. I have a "steal charm" card that was given to me by my school (fire), and I was told that this is a "very good" card by the school professor. However, so far I have not seen it in action and am wondering if it is worth keeping it in the deck.

Another question I have is... (and I apologize if this has been previously answered, but most of the 'spell deck' related posts I came across were locked or did not answer this question)... Is there, or are there any major differences between spell decks that are, say generic... and spell decks that are school specific only? I mean, does the school specific deck give you any added strength or accuracy, or protection etc. when equipped (providing you are in the same school) or are they the same as a generic deck?

For example, I am a pyromancer level 23, and 1 of my deck.. the nesbit or something - sorry can't remember the name but it is a "fire school only deck" has 30 spell slots with 3 copies and 4 fire spell copies with 9 side boards. The other deck is a generic deck (not affiliated with any schools) which has 40 spell slots with 4 copies (for all) and 12 sideboards. Now that seems better as it offers more spell slots, but would I be at any disadvantage or advantage (other than being able to put more spells in the deck), if I used this instead of the "fire school only" deck?

Also, I've noticed that because the spells are put randomly in the deck, the larger the deck size, the less chances there are for your item/clothing/pet related spells to be inserted into the deck. Is there any way to fix this so that my item spells do appear more in the deck? I have a firezilla pet, which gives me a firezilla spell. It is unique, and at 4 pip requirement, it can take out a whopping 700+ hit points from the enemy (providing they don't have any protections equipped). I also have the swarm card (from clothing) and another life spell (forgot the name, but if you know Lord of the Rings, it looks like "Treebeard" from LOTR 2) also from clothing, but they rarely now appear after using the decks which offer more slot. So just wondering if there's a way I can get those cards to appear more often in the active deck, other than having to switch back to the old smaller deck?

* Sorry for writing a lot.. and thanks in advance...* :D

for the spell decks that are for one school only usally allow more copies of your schools spells in the deck. this is a advantage because power pips only work for your school so the more of your cards the better. on the other hand for you, your other deck allows more spells ( this is my opinion) i think that this is better seeing as you can protect yourself or attack in differnt ways. this all depends on you and your school. and no decks do not offer extra protection, health, mana, power pip chance, or accuracy.

as for your second topic all cards are placed in your deck, they are just shuffled up during every battle. the chances depending on the amount of card you have is slim but most gear that gives a card i get mostly for health or mana. and no there is no way to make chances of getting the cards better if you want to get a bigger deck.

hope this answers your questions :D

Survivor
Mar 11, 2010
LetterBee wrote:

Grandmaster Pyromancer
Scarlet Redthorn

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "blade"? I trust you aren't talking about an Athame here.
And if this spell is only good to counter a single, specific spell, why have it in your deck at all?

Survivor
Mar 18, 2010
To all of you who have replied to my post, thank you very much for your replies. It certainly did clear things up, and I wasn't aware that you did not have to fill up all the slots in the deck (which I now know). Thanks!

- Valdus DragonRider

Delver
May 29, 2009
lego869 wrote:
LetterBee wrote:

Grandmaster Pyromancer
Scarlet Redthorn

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "blade"? I trust you aren't talking about an Athame here.
And if this spell is only good to counter a single, specific spell, why have it in your deck at all?

A "blade" is the sword that gives a spell 20%-35% more attack power. Depending on your school of focus, each gets a blade. Ice is the only one that does not get theirs early on in the game (lvl 38). Just as you can put a blade on yourself to boost your attacks, your enemy can do the same.

Since Storm has such low health, they get this spell to disarm their opponent so the attack isn't that high.

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress