Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spiral Worlds: Ranked from Worst to Best

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2012
15-Krokotopia
Krokotopia is a disappointment following Wizard City. Very basic kill and collect quests dominate the experience, with a basic "Mallistaire's here, go stop him" plot. I have to give KI some credit because this was one of the original worlds.

14-Marleybone
Marleybone is a very similar story to Krokotopia, but with slightly more interesting quests. The final boss feels more developed than that from Krokotopia.

13-Empyrea
Empyrea is a major setback from previous worlds. KI must be running out of ideas if they resorted to a Star Trek world. It's OK questing wise, but the theme is so bad that my friends would all agree that it deserves #13.

12-Wysteria
Not much to say, it's a short, mildly entertaining side world that most people tend to ignore these days. It was nice visiting a rival school, but the experience is very short and forgettable.

11-Mooshu
If you read Krokotopia and Marleybone's description, you'll understand why MooShu is #11. I just like its theme a bit better.

10-Celestia
Celestia's biggest achievement was bringing in astral spells and cheating. Aside from that, most of the zones look very similar and the storyline is mediocre at best.

9-Dragonspyre
I felt Dragonspyre was a good conclusion to the Mallistaire storyline, with the questing being better than its 3 predecessors. It also has the game's first cutscene, which is also very nice.

8-Khrysalis
Khrysalis's quests were amazing, with an epic fight against Morganthe. However, the entire world was just bugs and deserts, and that's just not my thing.

7-Wizard City
Though it is very basic in terms of questing, Wizard City holds a special place in all of our hearts, and though it is not #1.

6-Azteca
Azteca is a beautiful world and you can really notice KI's storytelling improving throughout the many exciting quests and dungeons.

5-Grizzleheim
If you skipped Grizzleheim, I feel bad for you. Arguably some of the most beautiful zones in the game along with challenging quests makes for an amazing viking experience.

4-Mirage
Fairly recent, Mirage, like Polaris, brought in another diverse landscape with amazing quests. My friends claim it was too hard, though, even if you do like a challenge.

3-Zafaria
The storyline in Zafaria is one of my favorites: students got lost on a field trip and you have to investigate why this has happened. Its zones also bring some diversity to Wizard101, and I love the African culture throughout the world.

2-Avalon
Every single zone in Avalon looks vastly different, and I love it. Its dungeons are also some of the best in the game, particularly Ghost Avalon, which lets you experience younger Morganthe and some rich history.

1-Polaris
Kingsisle did everything right with Polaris. They made a stunning landscape with an amazing Commons and possibly the best fight in Wizard101 history to sum it up. Following the bland world of Khrysalis, Polaris is a breath of fresh air for the experience, and it is going to be hard to top it in the future.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I based all of my ranks off of how it looked, the quests, and the characters we get to interact with.

16- Zafaria

15-Dragonspyre

14- Mooshu

13- Celestia

10- Grizzleheim

9- Wizard City

8- Wysteria

7- Azteca

6- Mirage

5- Winterusk

4- Khrysalis

3- Marleybone

2- Avalon

1- Polaris

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Brian GoldenShade on Jul 14, 2018 wrote:
15-Krokotopia
Krokotopia is a disappointment following Wizard City. Very basic kill and collect quests dominate the experience, with a basic "Mallistaire's here, go stop him" plot. I have to give KI some credit because this was one of the original worlds.

14-Marleybone
Marleybone is a very similar story to Krokotopia, but with slightly more interesting quests. The final boss feels more developed than that from Krokotopia.

13-Empyrea
Empyrea is a major setback from previous worlds. KI must be running out of ideas if they resorted to a Star Trek world. It's OK questing wise, but the theme is so bad that my friends would all agree that it deserves #13.

12-Wysteria
Not much to say, it's a short, mildly entertaining side world that most people tend to ignore these days. It was nice visiting a rival school, but the experience is very short and forgettable.

11-Mooshu
If you read Krokotopia and Marleybone's description, you'll understand why MooShu is #11. I just like its theme a bit better.

10-Celestia
Celestia's biggest achievement was bringing in astral spells and cheating. Aside from that, most of the zones look very similar and the storyline is mediocre at best.

9-Dragonspyre
I felt Dragonspyre was a good conclusion to the Mallistaire storyline, with the questing being better than its 3 predecessors. It also has the game's first cutscene, which is also very nice.

8-Khrysalis
Khrysalis's quests were amazing, with an epic fight against Morganthe. However, the entire world was just bugs and deserts, and that's just not my thing.

7-Wizard City
Though it is very basic in terms of questing, Wizard City holds a special place in all of our hearts, and though it is not #1.

6-Azteca
Azteca is a beautiful world and you can really notice KI's storytelling improving throughout the many exciting quests and dungeons.

5-Grizzleheim
If you skipped Grizzleheim, I feel bad for you. Arguably some of the most beautiful zones in the game along with challenging quests makes for an amazing viking experience.

4-Mirage
Fairly recent, Mirage, like Polaris, brought in another diverse landscape with amazing quests. My friends claim it was too hard, though, even if you do like a challenge.

3-Zafaria
The storyline in Zafaria is one of my favorites: students got lost on a field trip and you have to investigate why this has happened. Its zones also bring some diversity to Wizard101, and I love the African culture throughout the world.

2-Avalon
Every single zone in Avalon looks vastly different, and I love it. Its dungeons are also some of the best in the game, particularly Ghost Avalon, which lets you experience younger Morganthe and some rich history.

1-Polaris
Kingsisle did everything right with Polaris. They made a stunning landscape with an amazing Commons and possibly the best fight in Wizard101 history to sum it up. Following the bland world of Khrysalis, Polaris is a breath of fresh air for the experience, and it is going to be hard to top it in the future.
Star Trek Hater. We can never be friends. JK

I have yet to make it Empyrea. So I cannot comment on where it should rank.

But ANYTHING based off of Star Trek has GOT to rank higher than 5th let alone a measly 13th.

Or am I letting my sceince-fiction bias through.

Steven Ghoststalker

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I have never been to Empyrea, but I can do the others.

15- Celestia ~ I really, really disliked Celestia. Zafaria used to be so much farther up on my list, and I think it's because of how much I disliked Celestia. Everything was the same, there was no differences, except for the Floating Land.
14- Mooshu ~ I didn't really like Mooshu, but it's warming on me the more I do it. As it is, it's a fairly simple world with really forgettable characters. The storyline wasn't that great, but decent enough.

13- Grizzleheim ~ Grizzleheim feels like a chore every time I do it. Sure, the first time it was pretty and original, but now it is something you have to go back to do instead of actually liking it. I do like Wintertusk a lot, if they were together it'd be somewhere in the 6-8 range.

12- Marleybone ~ Very uninspiring as a world. Neat, especially the first time. It seemed cool and the idea is nice, but the execution is eh. Most characters are forgettable as well. Only really remember Sherlock Bones by name.

11- Mirage ~ I can't judge Mirage that harshly because I'm not entirely through it yet. It'll likely move up higher by the time I'm done

10- Krokotopia ~ I really liked Krokotopia, but it can get boring, especially the Island part.

9- Zafaria ~ I really loved it, because it was a lot different than Celestia, which probably overestimated it for me when I first did it.

8- Wysteria ~ I would love to go back and have more to do with Wysteria. Seems like it lacked a bit by making it condensed.

7- Avalon ~ I loved Ghost Avalon, it was probably one of my favorite dungeons in all of Wiz.

6- Dragonspyre ~ After all, the defeat of Malistaire is definitely something we were looking for.

5- Khrysalis ~ Khrysalis might be a controversial pick, but it was very enjoyable for me.

4- Wintertusk ~ Loved the scenery.

3- Wizard City ~ First world of them all.

2- Polaris ~ Fantastic in everything. Introduced the Arcanum.

1- Azteca ~ I loved Azteca for everything, the characters were neat.