Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spell deck help

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
I am a level 104 fire wizard who is almost done with Khrysalis and I feel like my boss deck is a little to crowded, here it is:

4 tower shield
5 colossal
2 potent trap
4 sharpened blade
1 pixie 3-4 satyr (depends on situation)
5 fire blade
2 meteor strike (incase sun serpent doesn't take out minions)
1 rain of fire (incase sun serpent doesn't take out boss)
3 sun serpent (it does boss defeating damage and takes out minions in one go)
2 furnace
3 feint
3 elemental blade
2 shadow shrike

I feel like my deck is over crowded compared to others but I feel like I need everything in there and nothing is expendable. I will probably replace sun serpent with raging bull once I get it and put in FFA incase the boss doesn't go down but I still probably need a re-design.

Jason GoldenFlame lvl 104 ()

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:
I am a level 104 fire wizard who is almost done with Khrysalis and I feel like my boss deck is a little to crowded, here it is:

4 tower shield
5 colossal
2 potent trap
4 sharpened blade
5 fire blade
2 furnace
3 feint
3 elemental blade
2 shadow shrike

I feel like my deck is over crowded compared to others but I feel like I need everything in there and nothing is expendable. I will probably replace sun serpent with raging bull once I get it and put in FFA incase the boss doesn't go down but I still probably need a re-design.

I would take out the shrike unless you're battling fire and unless you have amazing incoming health I would get rid of pixie.

Defender
Nov 10, 2015
the awesome pyroma... on Jun 17, 2017 wrote:

4 tower shield
5 colossal
2 potent trap
4 sharpened blade
5 fire blade
2 furnace
3 feint
3 elemental blade
2 shadow shrike

also I forgot to mention its ok to have a large deck. I have a level 102 ice and his boss deck is huge.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I'd get rid of Towers. IMO that is a useless spell for questing. You know what school you are facing, unlike PVP
so better to use school specific shields, and those only rarely. You can put TC versions in your side deck so you can pull them just when needed. Most of the time you are better off just buffing and hitting -- winning the fight fast -- than trying to be defensive.

With that in mind, fewer heals as well. Your buffs look about right. I'd only load Shrike if you know you'll be hitting through resist or shields.

Dragon may be more useful than Rain of Fire as a "clean up" attack. It hits harder on the first tic, and you can cast it sooner.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
maybe use healing tc in side deck only to clear some space and to have instant access when needed?

I enchant my heals and links with primordial and keep as tc, not in regular set.

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
The cards in your deck look fine, you just might want to cut down on them a little bit. I kinda agree with Gemma, replace towers with school specifics, or just lower the amount, down to 2 or something. Unless you have a life mastery amulet, you're gonna be using up a lot of your pips on satyr, might want to use something like power link instead, or just cut down on them, because you want to be hitting as hard as you can (unless you have really good incoming/outgoing healing, in which case pixie would be very good). The rest looks fine.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Since you did not mention what kind of stats you have, I can only be general here, but here goes. The problem with having a large deck is it takes too long to find the cards you actually need, therefore you are getting hit more and need more shields and heal to get through the battle. If you can set up your hit fast, you do not need a lot of these cards.

Main Deck
Boosts:
2 fire blade
1 sharpened blade
2 feint
1 potent trap
1 furnace
Hits:
1 meteor strike
1 efreet
1 sun serpent
3 colossal
Support:
1 reshuffle, can be main or tc, just in case
Item Card:

1 Pet with a blade, preferably fire, but balance/dragon blade works too.
1 Amulet with a blade (Shango's Fireblade Amulet (can buy in Zararia, Baobab Market, from Marwa Jadetusk,
who is a bit left of the entrance) or sometimes you can find it in the bazaar, definetly worth the cost. Replace
with the Morgathe one when you get there.

That is 16 cards and 7 show each hand, so you should easily be able to make a move each turn and not waste time discarding/digging for things.

Treasure Cards:
1 Pierce
1 Cleanse Charm
1 Feint
Towers or other shields you feel you may need
Heals (not too many, we do not want to stand there all day and waste pips, right)?

I know it seems scary at first to have so few cards, but trust me it works 99.9% of the time. This setup gives you 4 stacked blades and 2 stacked feints, which should kill anything with serpent honestly. If you find you need less, just hit sooner, the sooner you can take them all out the better of course :).

You generally do not need shrike to be honest, but if you are facing fire creatures do not forget to add prism or mass prism as applicable, you may want to add a few so it shows up first hand and discard the extras. TC versions of all prisms are now sold in Khrysalis btw.

Give it shot, you may be surprised, and really there is nothing to lose by trying it out.

I took out the elemental blades, which I never EVER use because that is one less pip to hit.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Actually see if you can get by with no feints or just the potent feint. Again not sure of your damage output so its hard to say, but if you find you are constantly over hitting, 1 less card is 1 less turn you are taking damage.