Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Help on Choosing Second/Third School?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 10, 2012
Hey there! :)

I'm having a little trouble with this. I have two wizards, A Lvl 37 Balance/Death and a lvl 37 Fire/Life. What in the world do I choose for the third schools? I've looked through the fourms, and I can't really find a good answer. Can someone help? :)
I do not pvp on either, and I most likey never will.

I have started life as a third on my balance wizard and ice as a third on my fire, but I can buy back training points no problem.

Thanks for all your help! :)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Out of your school spells are ok, I did them on my first wizard but as I ended up soloing more then group play I dropped them all but the Death to Feint I had done. I also found as my power pips were more available they were not practical so I focused on my school spells more and got the Blade from Niles then trained the Sun spells that boost my regular spells.

As the game has progressed each wizard now has the ability to be more self supported. I think in the end it all depends on your game style and what you think helps your wizard more.

Defender
Sep 10, 2011
vikktoriagee wrote:
Hey there! :)

I'm having a little trouble with this. I have two wizards, A Lvl 37 Balance/Death and a lvl 37 Fire/Life. What in the world do I choose for the third schools? I've looked through the fourms, and I can't really find a good answer. Can someone help? :)
I do not pvp on either, and I most likey never will.

I have started life as a third on my balance wizard and ice as a third on my fire, but I can buy back training points no problem.

Thanks for all your help! :)

having two schools is hard enough to reach full potential especially at higher levels. so a third school is probably even harder.

Go have a feel for the game first see if you even really need a third school. Crafted gears provide 2 schools at a time and so are some drops but a mix of them can cover three schools if you really want to.

Try doing multiple schools that can benefit from spirit blades/traps (life, death, myth) and elemental (Fire, storm, Ice)ones. A mastery amulet is a must too.

My life wizard was my first one, and first ones usually gets trained all over the place . She has a death mastery amulet so i trained her up to wraith but i also trained her in Ice school up to Tower shield. I remember being excited to be able to do lots of spells in different schools.

She can throw a nasty Wraith especially with feint and spirit blades/traps coupled with gears that buff both life and death in one piece. Imagine having heal and drain at the same time. She can turtle up put tower shields on herself and everyone else she likes to protect and then do a rebirth.

Its fun and you can switch back to your original school anyway. Just guard your training points though its quite expensive to reset everything again once spent.

Hope this helps.

Archmages
Ronan Lionhand
Fiona Stardust
Jose Winterbane
Brahm

Survivor
Jan 10, 2012
Thank you :) I've never thought of actually going all the way up on a second school :)