Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Soloing Dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
I have to keep on soloing dungeons! No one ever wants to be in a dungeon with me. I wouldn't say its extremely hard,but eventualy im gonna have to find wizards to team up with. :| I kinda need help on counterwheight east maybe a few of us can make a scheduele(real time).we need to make a decision on what 3 realms we are possibly gonna meet at.1st:the one we will meet at. 2nd:if realm 1 is full,we go there. 3rd: u know. oh ya, we need a date too.btw,im a safe chatter. :( Conner Ogrehorn lv.33 Thuergist

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
looker209 wrote:
I have to keep on soloing dungeons! No one ever wants to be in a dungeon with me. I wouldn't say its extremely hard,but eventualy im gonna have to find wizards to team up with. :| I kinda need help on counterwheight east maybe a few of us can make a scheduele(real time).we need to make a decision on what 3 realms we are possibly gonna meet at.1st:the one we will meet at. 2nd:if realm 1 is full,we go there. 3rd: u know. oh ya, we need a date too.btw,im a safe chatter. :( Conner Ogrehorn lv.33 Thuergist
i do solo dungeons all the time on less someone asks me for help.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2009
I have been in ur predicament almost the entire game so far. The counterweights aren't that bad if you can't find someone. I would put a marking inside after a battle, go to regents square and collect lif and mana, then port back. This process should work if you don't want to use potions. If u still want to find people call friends or try switching servers and u might stumble to a realm with other people waiting too. Hope I helped :)

Tiffany pixigem - level 51 theurgist
Strolling around the spiral

Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
I at this moment am a level 28 sorcerer going through Hyde Park and have done all the dungeons solo without a problem. This may be because i've already done them with my Legend Necro and gained personal experience in them. But what i do is when going into a fight (particularly a boss fight) i mark the spot as soon as the circle is formed and then kill the minion. If i kill the minion and then focus on the boss and they kill me, then i just potion and port back at full health and the minion doesn't come back. Considering most bosses are a piece of cake without there minion, it shouldn't be a problem ;) hope i helped.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
looker209 wrote:

I agree that dungeons should be a bit more solo-friendly. I prefer to work alone, as most of my friends in-game are in different time zones and are usually not online to help me in the more-difficult areas; when my Balance wiz was just a baby wizard (well, around the same level as you are now), I also had problems with soloing at first, because I couldn't find groups. I like that KI encourages teamwork, though groups are pretty much a "requirement" at the higher levels; therefore, a lot of these dungeons aren't even an option for solo players, because we just don't have the resources that a team does.

Is there a specific dungeon that you're having trouble with? Since you're level 33, I'm guessing that you're in MB or MS- if this is the case, I'm in the Atlantic time-zone and am usually on the Lincoln server (or Wraith, if the first one is full). I can shield, trap, blade, heal, donate pips... so let me know if you still need a buddy.

As well, you mentioned that you are a menu-chatter- if you still need help, let me know what dungeon you want to complete, so that, if the bosses in that dungeon cheat, we can work out a strategy beforehand. Unfortunately, there aren't any menu-chat options for strategizing against cheating bosses, so we would need to plan carefully and stick to it.

If you've already found someone to help, or you've completed the quest that was driving you nuts, then all the best to you in your future adventures. :)

Laura Shadowsong
Lv. 60 Balance

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
I am always willing to help as long as you have text chat. I soloed most everything until Dragonspire using the tactics already mentioned. Leave a mark, kill minions first, port back if you need too. Also, if you need help, ASK! I am not going to stop and ask every person standing around if they need help. Often they are AFK. But if I see someones text saying "Can someone help me with a dungeon?", I always volunteer if I am not currently helping someone else.
Besides, the Counterweights are fun to farm. You can make the boss respawn limitless times without re-running the dungeons.

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
also, remember another thing: stealth. i remember a friend somehow evaded all the enemies in the counterweights