Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So, Sylvia Drake and the Death School...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
This one is directed torwards the epicly awesome Professor Greyrose

A question. Sylvia Drake (according to multiple NPCs) was the most powerful life teacher. So, why couldn't she just cast Rebirth and be healed from a cold?

As for the Death School, Merle Ambrose and the council of light are mega-powerful, and it obviously didn't take a lot for the Death School to get sunk, so why can't they just put it back up?

Also a third question. The Armada we see in Pirate101. If they're apparently so powerful and taking the Spiral by such a storm, why is there almost no mention of them in W101? I mean, Merle and the Council HAVE to take notice of them at some point, right? Right? Maybe for like a certain World, W101 and P101 players will see eachother in the epic finale against Kane, the Queen, and the Clockwork Army.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Even thought this is aimed at the developers...If I may but in...I believe I have somewhat of an answer.

It was specifically said that she died of a nigh incurable illness. Whatever it was, no Life spell could dispatch its presence.

Hope this helps.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Daniel Dragonwrait... on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
This one is directed torwards the epicly awesome Professor Greyrose

A question. Sylvia Drake (according to multiple NPCs) was the most powerful life teacher. So, why couldn't she just cast Rebirth and be healed from a cold?

As for the Death School, Merle Ambrose and the council of light are mega-powerful, and it obviously didn't take a lot for the Death School to get sunk, so why can't they just put it back up?

Also a third question. The Armada we see in Pirate101. If they're apparently so powerful and taking the Spiral by such a storm, why is there almost no mention of them in W101? I mean, Merle and the Council HAVE to take notice of them at some point, right? Right? Maybe for like a certain World, W101 and P101 players will see eachother in the epic finale against Kane, the Queen, and the Clockwork Army.
over the years, we fan-fic writers have had a field day with the whole sylvia drake story. here are a few theories that have been tossed around:

-malistaire killed her himself (whether by accident or on purpose is unknown), and he regrets it, hence why he's so intent on bringing her back.

(i went with this theory for my fan-fic of horribleness. after nearly getting killed by malistaire herself, sestiva hears the full story from gloria krendell)

[edited for length, obv.]

Iridian gasped, and even Patrick had to admit that he was a bit shocked by all of this. “Sure,” he replied, gripping Sestiva’s hand tightly. “These things do happen. But he deserved it, Sestiva— he tried to kill you!”

In response, the young diviner shook her head and motioned for Gloria to keep talking. “No,” she answered calmly, drawing strange looks from the others. “I mean, yes, he tried to kill me. But no one deserves to suffer so. What a horrible thing to ever wish on anyone. But please continue, Gloria.”

“All right,” Gloria stammered, brushing a tear from her cheek. “After their marriage dissolved, Sylvia came to stay with me— she regretted what she’d done, but felt that she owed Malistaire the truth. She also expressed a fear that he would harm her, but I’d always thought him above that… Oh, how wrong I was!”

She removed her glasses and wiped a fresh flow of tears from her cheeks. “After that," she went on. "I protected her with my life. I never left her alone in the house, or allowed her to answer the door, and months passed without incident. But one day, I went to the library to pick up some books and, when I came back, she was dead. There was blood everywhere, but no sign of struggle or forced entry— it was easy to tell that the cold wasn't what killed her.Their love was such a beautiful, twisted thing, and that’s how I knew that he had done it."

-morganthe did it (if you follow the storyline in khrysalis 2, there is some bad blood between her and malistaire; the scenario in question ended very badly for morganthe, giving her a motive for revenge).

scarlet silverweaver on central wrote about this one, rather brilliantly. i hope that a few more fan-fic writers will chime in with their theories as well.

(i'd speculate more on the other two as well, but i am lazy and have run out of space, lol)

-von

Survivor
Jun 18, 2014
For my fanfics, I just went with the theory that:
-Morganthe was behind it, she was trying to weaken Ambrose by destroying the death teacher's mind
-I think Sylvia may have originally gotten sick of a normal cold or something.
-and I think maybe Morganthe enhanced the illness somehow, maybe using shadow magic. But it all started out as a simple cold.

-I think it was just an opportunity for her that she seized, but she didn't start it. However, Malistaire WAS powerful, and maybe she wanted to both get him on her side, somehow, by working again Ambrose?

Those are just my thoughts.