Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

So How Did You Start Playing Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Hello Everyone! So I've been wondering, how have you found out about Wizard101, how many Months/Years have you played Wizard101, and what was the school of your very first wizard? I don't remember everything about how I started but I do remember this, I started by simply clicking on the Wizard101 Ad. I don't normally click on ads but for some reason, this one caught my full attention. I clicked on it and it took me to wizard101.com. Since it was right before I went off to school that day, I kept the window up for after I got home. When I got home, I checked out the website. It seemed so interesting so I clicked on the "Play" button, it took me through the information stuff, I downloaded Wizard101 and started to play. Ever since then, I've been playing and enjoyed every moment of playing. My very first school was Death and in fact, I still have my first character. It's my very best and strongest wizard I have and I have the many stuff that I've bought and collected over my 1 1/2 years of playing. I still have some memories of back when I started my Death Wizard. So do you still have any memories of back when you started out on Wizard101? I also remember when I used to struggle on Golem Tower! Wow, that feels like such a long time ago yet I haven't even played all that long. I would like to know how you started and tell me a little story of your experience of playing Wizard101 and tell me any sweet memories you got of your first few Months of playing if you want to. Well, I hope everyone has a great day and I hope you have a wonderful time in Wizard101!

Survivor
Oct 07, 2012
i started when my relative had a spare computer. There where ads forever popping up! i finally clicked this one that was bout a "free to play" video game.I found out i was in the fire school. i lost that wizard. i remember my older brother playing the game when it first came out. about 2 months later, the ad popped up again, and i remembered my fire wizard. i forgot the log in, so i made a new one.Since my older brother was fire too, i thought the only school was fire. i was surprised to know that i was in the death school. i played for a little bit and i downloaded the game. then, i showed my grandpa the game. he enjoyed playing the game as my character. i encouraged him to make his own wizard, which turned out to be a life character. then my older brother made a new fire wizard.i have been playing for almost 2 years now, and i am only level 50!!! my favorite memory is sitting next to my grandpa, side by side, and playing together as a commercial for wizard101 popped up on the tv. my first memory was not understanding pips, and not knowing why my spells where all grey!!

katie frostflower lvl 50 in dragonspyre

Survivor
Dec 03, 2013
My first wizard was made last year around this time, so I've spent about a year playing. I'd wanted to play for a long time, and had taken the test two years before I made this account (taking the test on the website made me really want to play this, but it wasn't downloadable for Macs at this time). At first, I got a free to play just to test out the game, and I fell in love with it instantly. My first wizard is a Fire wizard, and she's still my primary wizard (her name is Lindsey Ravenstone). The funny part is, I had planned for Lindsey to be a Life wizard because that is the class that I got on the test. Somehow, between the time that I took the test and the time that I started playing, Lindsey changed from a Theurgist into a Pyromancer. I don't know how that happened, and I frankly don't care because I love playing as a Fire wizard anyway. Over this past year, Lindsey has grown into a Level 67 Pyromancer, and five new wizards have been made on the account by myself and two close friends. It's been an amazing experience so far, and I'm looking forward to more adventures on Wizard101.

Survivor
Oct 11, 2014
Mine is kind of a strange story XD I was doing a google search for images of something I wanted to draw-I can't remember what it was. But amongst the images was a picture of a pair of shoes from this game. It caught my eye, because I liked the big, floppy style of them, it reminded me of another game I like. I clicked on them, followed a link and ended up in a "test" to see what kind of wizard I am. Whats funny is that as soon as Ambrose began talking, I was about to click away thinking "Oh, this is just another kids browser game", but my mom heard his voice and asked me what it was XD (I'm an adult- but my parents are gamers as well so any game catches their interest) We ended up downloading the game and started playing together, then dragged my dad into it.

As it turns out... I'm very glad she stopped me from clicking away from the page. I fell in love with the game as soon as I started playing, and it's the first time in a -long- while the mounts in an MMO have made me feel excited. There's such an unusual, humorous yet elegant quality to them, and there are so many different choices. Not to mention the fact that I love how I can dye any gear to match without paying an outrageous price! (Plus the huge variety of outfits, you can look cool even though your still new) Needless to say we all ended up getting memberships after we ran out of areas to explore and we don't regret it one bit.

I think I've been playing a grand total of a month and a half, and just earned enough crowns yesterday to buy my first mount- the beautiful white stag. I play an ice mage, even though the test said I should be a life mage, I liked ice more and don't regret it. Currently level 29, and I love the health boost.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I had to split my post, because there was an error that told me that I'd gone over the 2000 character limit even though I hadn't, so here's the rest (I may have to make a third post, we'll see):

I had reached level nine, so I killed stuff on Triton Avenue until I reached level ten. On the next Monday, I went to school and told my friends about this awesome game I'd just found. One of them said that he'd try it, and the others just laughed at the name and started talking about Call of Duty. I hadn't reached level ten yet, so I kept grinding. The next day, the friend that had said that he'd try W101 told me that he'd gotten a membership. I was quite jealous. I asked him about his level, and he told me that it was five and that he would go to Firecat alley next. He'd skipped all the side quests, so he was at a really low level compared to me. I told him that I was nearly level ten, and at first he thought I was far into the game. I told him that I'd only just completed Triton Avenue, and that I'd just done a lot of side quests. The same day I reached level ten, and asked my parents to get me a membership. They told me they had to think about it. The next day they told me I could have a membership. I was so excited! I got my membership and started my journey properly. When I reached the Throne Room of Fire in Krokotopia, there was a bug that wouldn't let me talk to the dog in there if someone else talked to him first, or maybe I just did something wrong. I tried the dungeon twice, and the same happened both times. My friend progressed in the game, and got to Marleybone, where I teleported to him in a couple of dungeons, and then to Mooshu, where I teleported to him and did some side quests. I also teleported to him after he'd teleported to a friend of his who was doing the Stellarium. I also did a lot of side quests in Krokotopia. After all that, I was level 28 when I finally got out of Krokotopia. (will continue in another post)

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
I was level 38 when I got to Mooshu, level 48 when I got to Dragonspyre, level 58 when I got to Celestia, level 68 when I got to Zafaria and level 75 when I got to Avalon. I stopped playing on my Fire when I reached Jabberwock, and instead focused more on my Death wizard, who I'd gotten into Dragonspyre. He soon got ahead of my Fire, and Death has since been my favorite school, with Fire and Myth tied for second. I've deleted my first Fire wizard to make a new one, because I wanted to experience Fire's earlier levels better now that I had more knowledge of the game. My new Fire wizard is currently in Celestia.

Looks like that was quite a lot more than just how it all begun, but I just felt like telling about more than just the very beginning.

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
I used to have an account, back in 2010 or so. My main was life, if I remember correctly. Too bad I quit since I was younger and I could get bored from anything in just a small while. Ironically, that boredom was why I joined w101. I was so bored and had no games to play, and heard rumors of a game called ''Wizard101'' I checked it out, and fell in love with this game. After 3 years, I came back and made this account, I honestly don't know how I could have gotten bored though!

Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I started playing in 2010, i saw an ad for wizard clicked it and just as you did..tried out the game. My first wizard also was death and i still have that wizard. I still have each wizard that i made. I have never deleted one and started over. Just improve on the ones I have.
I remember I had no clue what I was doing when I first started. I think the funniest thing I done was, not know there were different realms yes it is true. For months I had no clue, a friend at one point said he would meet me in a certain realm..I was like "say what?"..haha it was to funny.
I also remember my first 2 wizards, I did not know you could skip quests, and only the "?" quests were mandatory.When I figured that out I also was like "say what?".hahaha

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
DeathSchoolWizard0... on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:
Hello Everyone! So I've been wondering, how have you found out about Wizard101, how many Months/Years have you played Wizard101, and what was the school of your very first wizard? I don't remember everything about how I started but I do remember this, I started by simply clicking on the Wizard101 Ad. I don't normally click on ads but for some reason, this one caught my full attention. I clicked on it and it took me to wizard101.com. Since it was right before I went off to school that day, I kept the window up for after I got home. When I got home, I checked out the website. It seemed so interesting so I clicked on the "Play" button, it took me through the information stuff, I downloaded Wizard101 and started to play. Ever since then, I've been playing and enjoyed every moment of playing. My very first school was Death and in fact, I still have my first character. It's my very best and strongest wizard I have and I have the many stuff that I've bought and collected over my 1 1/2 years of playing. I still have some memories of back when I started my Death Wizard. So do you still have any memories of back when you started out on Wizard101? I also remember when I used to struggle on Golem Tower! Wow, that feels like such a long time ago yet I haven't even played all that long. I would like to know how you started and tell me a little story of your experience of playing Wizard101 and tell me any sweet memories you got of your first few Months of playing if you want to. Well, I hope everyone has a great day and I hope you have a wonderful time in Wizard101!
I actually did a search for games and Wizard popped up. I too went to the home page and investigated. Since it's free to start, I thought, why not? Over 4 years later I'm still plugging away on various wizards.

My first wizard was Myth. She never got past Malestaire. My second was Ice... she made it much, much farther as I had learned a great deal.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
My child's friend had a friend at school who played it, so one night the two of them decided to make wizards to try it out.

I wound up creating a wizard the same night. The two kids played most of the night though. It wasn't until the next day when I started playing.

I got through the areas of Wizard City that were available and then found myself killing a bunch of Rotting Fodders trying to get to level 10 until I just couldn't take it anymore. I broke down and bought a membership so I could see more.

My kid's first wizard was fire, mine was ice. They're both still around.

I don't really have a lot of memories of when I first started. More like about 4 or 5 months after when I met my questing buddy. I was still a mute at the time but he gave me a chance until I figured out how to activate text and open chat (problem was since my child created the account, the birthday entered made me too young so I had to change it). We met at the Stellarium, and we had done every world and dungeon since then with all of our wizards (his 6 and my 12) until Azteca.

Sadly since then the game has begun to require more time than I could always spare, and he hasn't been around for a while. But we had a good 3 year run.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
In 2010, I saw an article about Pay-for-Play games and their Free-to-Play counterparts. Wiz101 was being compared to World of Warcraft, which I had been curious about but had no money to play. Sounded perfect, so I started an account immediately (but forgot my username/password combo, as well as lost my original signup e-mail). The next year, I saw another Wiz101 mention in an article, and I said "OH YEAH I REMEMBER THAT GAME" and signed up again.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
About two years ago I had just bought my new laptop and was letting my friend mess around with it. She went home and I went back to my room where she'd been using it, and found the Wizard101 site pulled up on the screen. I was bored and thought, "Well, why not?" And have been playing ever since!