Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Small Dryad pet issue (not a bug)

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
So, the L98 Life school Dryad pet has 3 cards; Lifeblade, Sprite Swarm, and Hammadryad. Is it me, or does the Lifeblade seem out of character for this pet? Wouldnt it be better served to have the Dryad pet yield a Guiding Light instead? 2 out of 3 spells are healing, with one attacking. I'm not saying to change the pet, I'm merely observing what I find to be an oddity of the pet.

The lifeblade helps a lot for life's attacks, but you could always hatch for the Forest Beast pet if you wanted a lifeblade. This is the route I will be taking as with my combat gear, the healing cards are wasted. For my hospital gear, the dryad pet makes an excellent choice. it's all about the purpose for your pet; if you like your current one, by all means, keep it :)

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
dayerider on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
So, the L98 Life school Dryad pet has 3 cards; Lifeblade, Sprite Swarm, and Hammadryad. Is it me, or does the Lifeblade seem out of character for this pet? Wouldnt it be better served to have the Dryad pet yield a Guiding Light instead? 2 out of 3 spells are healing, with one attacking. I'm not saying to change the pet, I'm merely observing what I find to be an oddity of the pet.

The lifeblade helps a lot for life's attacks, but you could always hatch for the Forest Beast pet if you wanted a lifeblade. This is the route I will be taking as with my combat gear, the healing cards are wasted. For my hospital gear, the dryad pet makes an excellent choice. it's all about the purpose for your pet; if you like your current one, by all means, keep it :)
While my Exalted Life would find a Guiding Light more useful, I think KI's point was that Life Wizards are not *solely* healers. If thenpet only had healing spells, the Spiral would be even duller of whiners - "That Life had the nerve to carry a Caterpillar. And cast it. Even though I was only 90% Full."

On this topic, though, the cards on other 98 School Pets are real spells. I love Sprite Swarm, please for the love of all that's Holy, please make it a Craftable spell. Even if it's insanely difficult.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
While my Exalted Life would find a Guiding Light more useful, I think KI's point was that Life Wizards are not *solely* healers. If thenpet only had healing spells, the Spiral would be even duller of whiners - "That Life had the nerve to carry a Caterpillar. And cast it. Even though I was only 90% Full."

On this topic, though, the cards on other 98 School Pets are real spells. I love Sprite Swarm, please for the love of all that's Holy, please make it a Craftable spell. Even if it's insanely difficult.
I agree with you, they're NOT solely healers, however, this pet was designed as a healing pet when talking ONLY about the item cards. We wont talk about talents because each person will hatch for the talents they find most desirable.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
dayerider on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
I agree with you, they're NOT solely healers, however, this pet was designed as a healing pet when talking ONLY about the item cards. We wont talk about talents because each person will hatch for the talents they find most desirable.
Right, but I think that's why the item cards aren't solely healing related. So there isn't any "Life should be all heals" drama; could you imagine how much more often we'd hear that if that blade were a Guiding Light?

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on Jul 2, 2015 wrote:
Right, but I think that's why the item cards aren't solely healing related. So there isn't any "Life should be all heals" drama; could you imagine how much more often we'd hear that if that blade were a Guiding Light?
yeah, that is totally the other side of the coin.