Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Side Worlds, Pet Racing, and Other Side Tasks

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Hello there to all you there in the Spiral! I just have a few ruminations to share :)

To begin, I've played since 2012 in earnest, but I had a free to play account before then back when the game was new that I lost when I was really young. With KingsIsle expanding and the backing of Gamigo, I wanted to talk about a few old things that could potentially be made new again - or expanded upon. I know that the focus right now is on finishing Arc 4 and the graphics updates for Krokotopia, Marleybone and the first Arc as a whole.

The first thing is side worlds. I may be an outlier, but I wondered if there was much appetite out there for side worlds again. I'm talking less about Darkmoor, Aquila, and the Underground (all lovely additions themselves), but more about Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria. Wysteria is one of my favorite worlds (again maybe a surprise to those out there ). It wouldn't have to be too long, but just something fun, away from the main storyline of the Arcs. This could be at level 150, or whenever KI wants to add one, or could even go back and add it in for level 90s, 100s, etc. It could be an addition to Wysteria, or a new tournament while we're at the Arcanum, or something else new entirely . This kind of stuff hasn't been talked about a lot since Wintertusk, so I was wondering if people were still interested in them. I take the time to do Wysteria every time I play, but I know others don't necessarily.

Next is pet racing. There's a lot of people who really enjoy PvPing, which has continued to get a level of attention, but pet racing has fallen into disrepair. It's a bit more of a game of luck than what PvP is, so I get that level, but it's something that I rather enjoyed. I appreciate the fact that there is some events that help pet racing now get some more love. But I wonder if some new pet tracks, even for just a few worlds like Grizzleheim or Wysteria (if KI doesn't want to dive into making some for Arc 2), or Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, etc. Perhaps making something new for it could re-energize it to a degree.

Lastly, housing games. About five to six years ago, housing games were super popular - particularly wildfire tag. I remember being in houses with 80 to 90 people participating, which is insane thinking back on it. Perhaps an event could be created to encourage people to host or participate in housing games? It's just another fun thing that if it becomes big again could help free to play members have a bit more fun and stick around in Wizard101.

Let me know what you think! With KI getting bigger, the servers becoming a bit more crowded, and Wizard101 on seemingly a rise, it may be time to raise some of these different ideas from the past again!

Cheyenne StormHunter
Level 140