Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I farm Atlantea?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 30, 2014
When I first did it, with an Archmage fire, Transdecent fire (me) and Archmage death. It took around 3 hours to complete the whole thing, and the Poseidon fight took less time than the first boss fight (the dang storm sharks!) but I got like three wand drops and no other gear. Are they auto drops? I'm confused on what to do and whether I should get the drops.

~ Alexis 72

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
My Myth is wearing the Poseidon robe because I liked the way it looks, but she wasn't grinding for it. She just got lucky - it dropped when she was fighting the Sand Squid. (That's a brutal fight - take friends!)

The stats are okay if you don't have Waterworks, but otherwise they're not worth grinding for - if you're gonna grind for stats, you might as well do Waterworks or House of Scales. The way the gear looks is interesting and unique, however - not many people are wearing Poseidon stuff. It might be worth a few tries if looking unique is important to you.

Alia Misthaven
Emma Ravensong

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
It depends what you want, if you're looking for critical, then go for Atlantea, but if you want damage, use waterworks gear. I recommend waterworks hat and robe because you can't get a really good critical chance until later levels.

So I'd say stick with (if you already have it) Waterworks hat and Robe, maybe Atlantea boots, but I'd say the best crafted boots you can get.

Defender
Aug 30, 2014
It's not really necessary to farm Atlantea. Most people make do with Waterworks until Tartarus or even Darkmoor although you can get an update at 75 with the Archmage One shot duels.

Moira Stormheart

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
No, Waterworks is faster to run and gives better gear. Do Atlantea once for the experience, but there's not much point to farming it.