Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do side worlds on a second playthrough?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
Hello,

I have reached the level cap on my and I'm playing through the game again with a .

I am currently level 75 on my and I have skipped Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, Wysteria, and pretty much every side quest (other than the school based ones that the teacher gives me, I have done all of those so far). I had already done most, if not every, dungeon in the game and have completed Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria on my . So I didn't think that I needed to go through all of that again when I could just farm for gear for my with a more powerful character.

So my question is: Should I do Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria again on my new ?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Well, recall that successful completion of Grizzleheim and Wintertusk is needed for a few school spells and pets although the latter is easily available at the Hatchmaking Kiosk.

Since you've already played through the game, the side content I guess is optional for you since you probably don't need the levels.

But, if you care about spells such as Dimension Shift & Vassanji, I suggest you do at least Grizzleheim and Wintertusk.

Unlike the above worlds, Wysteria has no effect on the game at all. So, it's completely up to you if you want to or not.

I'd still suggest it though when you get a little bored.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I personally like to do side worlds/quest because you end up being a bit over leveled which can be nice since it puts you a little ahead of the curve when you first step into the next world in the story line (usually the earlier you do the side stuff the better.)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Wintertusk is so good for gear, gold, and exp i can't imagine not doing it, but it's personal choice.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
indyjunior on Jan 31, 2019 wrote:
Hello,

I have reached the level cap on my and I'm playing through the game again with a .

I am currently level 75 on my and I have skipped Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, Wysteria, and pretty much every side quest (other than the school based ones that the teacher gives me, I have done all of those so far). I had already done most, if not every, dungeon in the game and have completed Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria on my . So I didn't think that I needed to go through all of that again when I could just farm for gear for my with a more powerful character.

So my question is: Should I do Grizzleheim, Wintertusk, and Wysteria again on my new ?
Make sure to do the sun spell side quests

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I definitely recommend doing Grizzleheim and Wintertusk even if you skip Wysteria. I'm not sure why Grizzleheim is even referred to as a side-world when so many people who skip it end up back there much later because it inhibits them moving forward with spells, crafting, daily assignments...there is way too much content there for me to ignore it and skip past. The only thing I do is choose when to go, not whether to. I tend to do it before Celestia instead of at level 20. It's much faster then, the level-ups are welcomed and the harder battles encountered there are easier to do without needing help.

Wysteria (IMO) is the only real side-world. There are no pets or spells or anything essential for moving forwards later. I love piggle-world and would love more useful/exciting content to be added there...for now though, it is non-essential and I only do it for the love of the piggles