Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharing the mind.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Hi, I am posting just for feedback. I want to know what others in the community think:

To start this off, the language filter: I've noticed that some things on the profanity filter in my opinion is just silly, Here are some examples: The Greek Alphabet, Cheetos, Titanic, bead, and mitigation.
I'm sorry, but mitigation is far from a bad word and I'd like my kids to understand and use words like this.

The next subject on my mind is the paid subscription: We should get some crowns with paying for a subscription. we are already supporting the cause, some crowns that come with paying every month should be added.

More will probably come when I play through the game more. Can I get some feedback on my thoughts? Are they crazy feelings?

Administrator
KingsIsle Entertainment has developed Wizard101 to be an exciting and fun online experience for people of all ages. We believe that an important part of delivering online entertainment is to provide a safe environment for all players, and that’s a responsibility we take seriously.

To that end, we’ve implemented features in the game that are specifically designed for player safety.

We have excluded numbers from the chat system to ensure that children who don't know better cannot easily exchange private information. Our chat filter is inclusive not exclusive, meaning we have to place the words in the list that players are allowed to say. Numbers, locations and other identifying factors are deliberately excluded. Words like bead and mitigation are simply not deliberately included.

I know this can be trying, there is always a balance between security measure that are necessary to stop bad behavior and creating hurdles that can be irritating for players who would never think to abuse the system in the first place. This is a very hard line to discern, and we will not always find the "perfect solution" immediately. We are simply doing the best we can to foster communication while holding a firm line on child safety.

Between KingsIsle’s commitment to maintaining a family friendly game and the increasing amount of players using the caps to talk around chat filters, it was deemed to be an appropriate action to remove the capitalization ability in the filtered chat. As long as you’re chatting appropriately and within the filters, there should be no issue with communications.

community@wizard101.com